Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Smithsonian Zoo part 1

While traveling up the East Coast we were driving through Washington, D.C. We didn't have too much time to stop and see a lot of stuff, but got a few hours to go to the Zoo! It says Smithsonian but it's a different kind of museum full of cool animals!

Parking cost $22 but entrance to the zoo is free! They do charge $3 for the park map if you want to carry it with you... or you could print out this picture? Then in a way, Minty can go with YOU to the zoo?!

Click on the "Read more" below to check out all my new friends!
 
 Prairie Dog! Check me out, checking you out. Checking me out. Checking you out. I'm checking you out.


 He's hiding in the shade but we snagged a picture of the bear.


 The picture doesn't show it but this frog was super BLUE. Still seemed kinda happy though.


 If you look up you can see this "path" for the apes to go from building to building. Neat?


 Here they are watching me taking pictures. I wonder if they've seen a mint-green pony before?


 Elephant! They were pretty big. I hear they are scared of tiny things but they don't have to worry about me.


Which one of these ducks is in the zoo? Just a clever picture of two ducks and a fence!

Check back later for a few more postings about the Zoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment