Monday, October 2, 2023

Long Lost Pictures

 These pictures are from forever-ago! But they are still fun things I saw, so have fun with 'em.

I've never seen any of Lost, but weren't they crashed-landed on an island? Why would there be a car? That show started the trend of "mystery box" plot writing, so why is this car not... in a box? Is that the mystery?




Lucky Charms blows the math away on the economics of marshmallows by selling them separately. The cereal box, which includes some marshmallows, breaks down to $4.55 per pound, while just-marshmallows is a whopping $23.96 per pound!


Got the price-reducing plastic cup from Mission BBQ. The idea is that it costs an extra dollar to buy it once, then every time you bring it in, it saves you a dollar off of the combo meal. It's a good deal if you plan on eating delicious pulled pork sandwiches often. Although having done it several times already, it's a pain to have to remember to bring the cup every time.


Is this clever or too complicated? After looking at this in the Ollie's for a while, I laughed that I was dorky enough to see all the clues and after I "got it" I was like... wow what a silly waste of time.


At the Ollie's there was a Buffy the Vampire Slayer game, on the back of it you can see she has a rocket launcher! I guess wooden stake in the heart is not the only way to slay a vampire? Boom! Rocket launchers work fine, too!


If you've seen this anime cartoon, you'd know that there is about to be some serious road rage. I'll advise you not to drive aggressively around Aggretsuko! For those unfamiliar with the show, her name is pronounced "Ret-sko".


How old is this picture? When did that Spiderverse movie come out? I did not see the movie, but Burger King had red-bun'd Whoppers for it. There was a special cheese or something, I remember it was quite good.


Mama Mia! Itsa the Mario Movie van! The only thing they haven't drained... is my bank account?


Pretty sure I already posted a picture of this before. But having seen it again, it's just funny that they would sell the car, filled with toy manure. I HATE MANURE! C'mon, it's simply more funny with the crap in it, right?


Awwwwww yeah. Friday night nacho time. This is not as much of a sure-thing as it seems. Sometimes the Farmer's Market where I get my jalapenos doesn't have a giant pile of crispy fresh ones, so it can turn into a quest involving various grocery stores and increasingly higher prices.


Admiral Piett had quite a lot of screen time. He was there for the Hoth thing and made it all the way to the attack on the 2nd Death Star. He was killed when an A-Wing crashed right into him! Yeah, that was the guy! I have not yet played any of the video games with Starkiller. I know that was the pre-production name before they settled on "Skywalker" for the main hero, but Starkiller still sounds a little silly doesn't it?


Did they really make a plush.... Oh wait, that's a dinosaur. Nevermind.


Ewwwww.... gross. I don't want that cupcake now. What kind of sick-o made this sign?


I actually laughed out loud when I saw that random Escape sign in the middle of this section. Like... what?! Should I escape?! Who left this warning here? This is the type of subtle thing a time traveler would leave. Just enough to scare me away without actually interfering with the past.


Strange. The sand in the hourglass started in a ring around the outside, before it filled in the middle.


Mosaic tile bird bath. So you can be cruel and freak out all the birds with the crazy colors vibrant tiles. Imagine how bright this would be in the sunlight? Would the birds even go in this thing?


I like my bacon crispy, not gummy. These have got to be mind-blowing-weird to eat. Part of your brain would think bacon, the other part gummy. I was not brave enough to try.


Hello Kitty's friends My Melody and Kuromi seem to be getting lots of merchandise lately. Is it just me, or is it so much of it everywhere, that you've noticed, too?


That lizard in the back was super pink-colored. I was trying to figure out if it was because it was right next to the heat lamp. But they didn't move at all. The name on the cage said Red Morph Bearded Dragon so... maybe? It was $100! For one lizard. Is that a lot?


What a strange cross-over. The Target Mascot Dog as John Hammond from Jurassic Park? Will they make POP! Figures out of everything eventually?


Separatist Nightmare is what that says on the Republic Gunship. I thought I was all cool because I can read the Aurebesh Star Wars language, but it said it right on the back of the box. D'oh!


Yummy pulled pork from Mission BBQ! I had to go back and get some use out of my re-fill-able, cost-saving cup! Keep in mind that the fries are double-cooked and amazing, too.


Sorry for the low humor on this picture, but I glanced over at this package, and for a moment, I thought it said "CRAP Cleaner." Makes cleaning your CRAP a breeze!


Magic 8-Ball... game?! Brilliant! How did it take anybody this long to figure out the thing in the Magic 8-Ball is basically a dice? If I had board game friends, I would have snatched this up on the spot. The rest of the game looks pretty cute, too.


Stitch! Am I bothered by the pose? Like, it's always munching on the watermelon. Always. It's cute, but kind of uncomfortable, in a hunger-sense, you think? Like, is it always hungry or always satisfied?


You can't get enough POP! Figures? Well, even your POP! Figures have POP! Figures now! I'll take a moment to acknowledge that the name POP! Figures includes punctuation in the name, which is a little confusing to read. POP!.


This was a unique type of advertisement I can't remember seeing anywhere else before. It looks like it's painted right on the wall. Neat.


I kind of notice that Link is not wearing a shirt. Is that okay? And funny that Zelda is holding a cell phone. In the game they call it something else, but it's basically a cell phone. Girls with their phones, right? Even Zelda!


This picture is from a while ago, because my friend picked up this cutie as a personal Birthday gift. He was in a mood that day and needed a cheering-up. We named her Roz. Get it? Because it's like saying "Rose" but with an accent. Eh, we thought it was clever.


Of course, on the Birthday you gotta get a Carvel Ice Cream Cake. We forgot to get the frosting pen to write a Happy Birthday message on it, but we know what it's for.


Half? Sure! We'll visit the family later, and have another Carvel Ice Cream Cake. But you still gotta get one ON the Birthday. There were lots of phone calls, too. So it was an okay day after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment