Sunday, April 21, 2024

Hey Soos

 Pictures! Starring Minty as... Minty. Do I need any other credits?

1961. Rawhide. You know, the old TV show with the really cool intro music [Keep them doggies movin' RAWHIDE! insert whip-cracking noise!]. I got a good laugh out of the end credits for this one episode. The guy's name was Jesus. Of course in the episode, they spoke his name with the Spanish accents. Can you blame the guy who typed his name as "Hey Soos"? HA! It might have been done on purpose in 1961 having "Jesus" in the credits might have made people uncomfortable. Still, it's funny, right?




Lego is currently making a huge effort for diverse and inclusive representation among the characters in their sets. It might be a little longer until they make an "overweight" or "plus-sized" minifigure or minidoll, but they did it to... a cat! I know there are spoiled big-sized cats out there, and they deserve to see themselves in Lego sets.


Hahahahahahahaha! I couldn't stop laughing at this snow coloring kit. Notice which color is missing? They didn't include it because... Duh, you already have the yellow!


I think the "big dumb cup" fad had already come and gone between the time I took this picture, and the time I posted it. There was a hot minute when everybody had to have the giant insulated mug, and they were impossible to find.


I normally try to blur-out license plates, but this vanity plate was too funny. I hear a lot of people are looking for this guy, turns out Bigfoot lives in New Jersey. The perfect place to hide: somewhere nobody wants to go.


Did I shrink?! Or is this just a super-huge Coke bottle? Look at how tiny I look!


Can you believe that Walmart did not have Coke bottles that matched the big one? I found a different bottle. It's not quite the same, but at least I look normal-sized in this picture.


Cool necklace you can put your favorite 20-sided Dice in! Neat! I wonder how easy it is to get back out. If it's too easy, it might fall out on its own. But I guess you can take it out, right? Maybe I should have simply asked them.


So much funny text sprawled all over this water gun! They used a rainbow and crying rain clouds as a sad face! So clever.


The poor Bop-Bag industry. I get that they are trying their best to make it "not a person" that you are punching, but when I see this, I had the funny thought that... great, they are teaching our kids to punch alien visitors. Get off our planet! PUNCH!


This is trying to be funny, but when I saw it, I was a little sad. Am I the joke? Is me being sad funny for them? Okay. I'll stop being so sensitive.


Paused the 4-Imprint commercial to verify that the program they are using to digitize logos is indeed Corel Draw. A program I know very well. Busted! They used to blur out these types of things to avoid unsolicited advertising, but they have been lazy sometimes. I saw another one of their commercials where they forgot to blur the Tajima logo on their sewing machines, too.


Speaking of sewing machines... I saw the embroidered heart-shaped rainbow on this Care Bear, and just thought it was a neat design, artistically. I can appreciate a good design when I see one. I bet this artist thought nobody would notice it, on an artistic level. Welp, I did!


Another good laugh. Why would THE FLASH need a car? It would be sooooooo slow for him! This is ridiculous!


The Target price scanner is busted! It says this plushie is... free? How do I "Pay" "$0.00"? Of course, they did NOT give it to me for free, I was bored enough that day to give it a try. They told me that this item was on clearance, and the best clearance price they could do was 70% off the regular price, in this case, it was $3, originally 10. At that point, I felt obligated to take this poor cat home, since I went through all that trouble to check.


Another fun find in the clearance aisle. I saw this and thought it would be impossible to hit all the spots, decided to give it a try anyway, and nailed it instantly. I crack myself up sometimes.


Some guy was PAINTING SQUIRRELS! It made the local news! They claimed they were doing it to track them. The law got involved and said hhhhmmmmmmm......no. Don't do that.


Hamburglar is sneaking back into relevance. Remember he went away to avoid teaching kids it was funny to steal things? Yeah, but that's what made it funny. We already know that stealing is wrong.


Neopets pins! Random boxes... wait, is that really $20 each?! Crazy! I might not even pay $20 for the one specific one I want, nevermind the randomness! Are they made out of solid gold or something?


Give Burger King your idea for a Whopper that will make them A MILLION DOLLARS! Thanks! Here, have a single free Whopper for that idea. Free with any $1 purchase. Hey, we can't just give you a free Whopper. Even if we made a million dollars off of your idea. Thanks for that again, by the way.


Did Hello Kitty murder a Care Bear, and she's wearing the skin?! The horror!


This picture is from a while ago. Chinese New Year. They were doing a bunch of stuff in the mall, so I got a picture of the dancing. Happy New Year!


PIVOT! I thought that each heart in this package could have a different phrase on it. F.R.I.E.N.D.S went for many years and probably has tons of funny phrases to put on these candy hearts.


Minty jokes are free, too. You're reading one right now!


Poor Q-Bert. Since the arcade closed, he's had to take work as a suction cup toy guy. 


My friend thought he recognized those video game football plays from the game Cyberball. But maybe all football plays diagrams look similar.


Woooo! It makes no sense! Robots programmed to love! I don't care, I like it.


Yuk yuk yuk. Get it? Chews instead of choose?


You know it's always fun when you see an old actor you recognize in a different show, right? That also applies to random background special effects creatures, too! Most Star Trek fans would know this white gorilla suit as the Mugato. Here it is, minus the big horn on its head, on Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea. Hey, we got a smile when we saw it.

No comments:

Post a Comment