Tuesday, February 12, 2013

New York Toy Fair 2013


Here I am outside the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in Manhattan. Through the glass sides you can already see giant banners for various toys. We took tons of pictures click on the "Read more" to check em out!

 Mattel had Barbies of course but these Monster High dolls are all the rage these days. Here's some new ones from the 13 Wishes movie due out later this year. I guess they wished for "awesome outfits?"
 
 Check out this giant Skylanders Swap-Force statue. It's really neat seeing this type of promotional display, where else can you go check these out?

 So the new Sklanders Swap-Force figures come apart at the waist and you can swap them to get different abilities. It's only weird if you think about "girl" parts on top and "guy" parts on bottom? Okay forget I mentioned that...
 
 My Little Pony had tons of merchandising there. Check out these adorable figures! I wonder if they'll do a Minty?
 
 Spirograph! We didn't realize it wasn't "around" but apparently they are bringing it back. so yay! Here's our little masterpiece.


In the awesome Enterplay booth (see the previous blog post) they had the six big promo cards on display. The Rainbow Dash and Rarity figures are very hard to find! Um, except I'm standing right next to them. You know what I mean!
 
 Check out this monster! a Rubix Cube with 49 squares on each side! Insanity in the palm of your hand?

 Here's some cute DC character stampers. Who isn't a Harley Quinn fan? Of course Flash and Green Lantern will keep an eye on her.

Another cool convention attraction is a bling'd-out car. This one had all kinds of neat LED lights on it.

 There was a bit of Star Trek goodies to be found. These are little trinkets that attach to stuff. We asked them if they had a Defiant from Deep Space Nine and they didn't. But another cool thing about a convention like this is that they took down our suggestion and were excited to try and see if they could make one in the future! 
 
 We got to tour the Lego booth! Here I am in the new Castle set. I want to build a house for me out of Lego bricks please?

 The new Jabba's Sail Barge set! You can see Max Rebo on the top over there and right next to me is my old pal Ree Yees! These don't come out until the summer but here I am right next to them in February!

 The highlight of the show is this exclusive Skylanders figure! I don't want to describe the shameless begging that went on before we got this, but needless to say Activision has very nice people working for them!


No comments:

Post a Comment