Saturday, May 17, 2014

Statue of Liberty part 3

Last part of my posting about the Statue of Liberty. This was a really fun thing to do, thanks to my friend for the tickets!
The tickets to the top were sold-out so the highest we got was the pedestal. Still lots of stairs and a great view, click on the "Read more" to check it out!
 
One last picture from the museum of an actual-size recreation of the foot. Does that sign on the wall say something funny?


Awesome view of Manhattan from the pedestal. This was a risky picture I could fall off from here!
 

 From the inside you can look up and see the tiny spiral staircase to the crown. Maybe next time?


 This is the closest we got. Hi! Hey down here! I said Hi!


A sudden rainstorm right as we were leaving. They wouldn't let me get a "king of the world" photo at the front of the ferry, we asked...

No comments:

Post a Comment