Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Wine Tour

While driving on the highway back to St. Louis, we stopped by a local winery so my friend could get some tasting and relax a little. Since I don't "drink" I took the tour instead and saw a bunch of neat factory stuff. They even let me take pictures! So here goes!

I wasn't really paying attention to the tour guide's statistics, so I can't recite the numbers, but this is one of the biggest wine producers in the WORLD.

Click on the "Read more" below to take the tour?



Non-alcoholic juice! I DID get to "taste" after all.


Is this where Donkey Kong lives?


Vats full of wine. The frost on the outside says "cool!"


Here's a tag letting us know what's in the vat.


Big mechanical grape peeler?


More cool frozen pipes. It wasn't that cold in here.


Science Lab stuff so they can experiment with new flavors. Scientists drinking on the job!?


Forget stomping on the grapes, this machine spins them until ALL the juice is out!


Was this a robot in Star Wars? 


Dats a lot of wine over there.


 Grabbed a picture of the mechanics table. Look for cool stuff?


 Here's where they mix juices. It looked super clean.


Robot wine holders? Does not compute.

No comments:

Post a Comment