Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Counting

 Go out and take some pictures! It's your right and duty as an American citizen! Oh, wait... that's voting? Did you vote? Can you guess how long ago we took some of these pictures?

This year they changed the "checking who you are" part to computers, and "the system" was freezing. So our quick stop to vote during our lunch break turned out to be much longer than expected. But what are you going to do? You gotta wait. It's not like you can come back tomorrow.



We've been in New Jersey for about 10 years now and this is the very first time we got an "I Voted" sticker! When they offered us one, our shocked reaction got us a bonus sticker! "Never? ...Really? Then YOU can get two stickers!" That other thing is not some kind of now-legal recreational smoking stick, it's a free touchscreen-pusher so you don't have to use your finger, ...that actually didn't work on the voting screen so we had to use a real finger.


I could write a whole bunch of stuff about the free update to Animal Crossing: New Horizons. And maybe one day I'll do a post about it. But I'll keep this simple and say WOW they added a ton to an already amazing game.


We all know what Grogu wanted for Xmas, right? How many control lever knobs do you think he got? Maybe some cookies and space frogs, too. DO NOT get him the eggs. That was just an awful idea.


Took this picture before we did the challenge... We saw they are selling these One Chip Challenge chips at a... Five Below? Now I am totally not scared at all. I almost bought one on the spot to give it a try.


Speaking of not-hot things, I tried the Ghost Pepper Nuggets at Burger King. Which were not hot at all. They just tasted like they dumped a hole shaker of salt on it. Still, better than their regular chicken nuggets.


This is an odd but cool idea. Remember when Toys R Us used to purposefully break release dates on Lego sets? Despite the fines Lego would give them, they still managed to sell enough sets to come out ahead. At least, that was the story floating around.


Subway in the Walmart. The guy working here recently was really nice, but previously the woman working here was quite the opposite. Once, when my friend asked for extra-extra black olives, she refused, and said "That is not MY problem, that is YOUR problem." Ah, ...memories. It's like a movie quote but from real life. I wonder what they will put here?


How come Gingerbread is not like Pumpkin Spice? Because if it was Gingerbread-everything, I think I could get behind that.


So much fun stuff going on with this Transformer. First of all, the Prince reference being a Little Red Corvette. But it's also got a red-white-and blue color theme, and his name is "Road Rage" hahaha! Not too subtle?


Is The Grinch really the correct spokesperson for something named "Kisses"? Outrageously, they removed the word "Christmas" from the movie title on the package, so it reads as "How The Grinch Stole Kisses" which implies non-consent. Do they even know what year this is?


I gotta say, this Eternals movie was pretty good. I had no idea what to expect, and was pleasantly surprised by how well paced, interesting, action-y, and overall a very good story it had. I don't want to over-hype it, but I liked it a lot.


Check out the steamed-up lid on the hot cup of au jui dipping sauce! The French Dip sandwich at Arby's is yummy, but even more so on a chilly fall day.


Visited the thrift shop while out near the Arby's. This sticker'd-up globe was a neat art idea. While it looks like it's all Looney Tunes, what's Jerry doing up there?


Hmm... Can I say where I think this hat came from, or can we not say that anymore? I think that word is on the Inappropriate-Now List. Also... what an awful thing to have your actual name be kind of "inappropriate-to-say" these days.


I've been to this thrift shop before, and I think I remember this pillow from before. And I think I might have commented on the ridiculousness of this statement, and that's now backed-up by the fact that this is still here.


Anybody been to a Renaissance Fair? A couple of these bears are in RenFair outfits and it's funny that the super-low-cut blouse is um... accurate to what you usually see at those things.


I saw this and took the picture, just in case you are superstitious enough to believe this kind of thing. If you are... then, I'm happy to help! There was a mug in this box, if you needed to know.


A whole jar of boardwalk tokens! Most of the places that took game tokens have switched over to more modern card-scanning devices, so these tokens have moved into the antique collectibles realm. Not quite sure what to think about the jar full of feathers.


I thought you could read the tag, the picture would have been more funny if you could see it. Because it said something like "authentic German beer stein" but it's really from a Busch Gardens Williamsburg gift shop. Although... it's entirely possible that Busch Gardens does in fact import these from Germany, so maybe I shouldn't assume either.


Got a few packs of the 25th Anniversary Pokemon packs, which is mostly promo-style cards like the full art Pikachu cards here. I can't remember where we got it, but we already had a regular Birthday Pikachu card, this one here has the 25th logo on it, so the other one is still valuable to collect, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment