Saturday, July 30, 2022

"P"icture Samples

 Another "sampling" of pictures with fun comments!

They are doing some cleaning at the warehouse, and that has undiscovered a virtual treasure trove of random merchandise. A lot of this stuff is products from vendor trade shows, like this plushie of a ...urine sample jar. Yep. The tag says Petey P. Cup. I don't know if I even need to say more here. Who wants to cuddle up with a jar of pee? Oh, I forgot... I'm on the Internet... don't answer that! Forget I asked!




Some more unique things we found; one that looks like a car battery, and there's an awesome gangster alligator! As soon as we saw that alligator, we set him aside. We were going to be able to take a few home with us, and he certainly is cool enough, ah-aight?


I'll transcribe that, it says "To all our good friends at Princess Soft Toys! Jeff Dunham and Walter!" autographed on top of the head of a plushie Walter, one of the famous ventriloquist's characters! I was not able to claim the autographed puppet right away, but I got "dibbs" on it as it was taken away to the manager's office. Even though I'm like, the only person here that instantly, and excitedly, recognized it. Everybody else was like "Who?"


There was an Achmed the Dead Terrorist puppet plush, too. Which they kept to later be included with the yearly Halloween decorations. I don't know how long these have been sitting in storage, but the button on his hand still worked and you could hear him say "SILENCE! I KEEL YOU!"


That dude in the overalls is not anybody particular, his tag simply said "Fat Guy Plush"; can we say "fat guy" these days? Some kind of Conga bear, a bug... An overwhelming amount of things to see.


Here's a lizard with a very interesting expression, and this duck had some kind of wierd texture that was neat but also a little disturbing. I could have taken a lot more pictures of random interesting things but I was also not trying to over-do it with the pictures here.


So we nabbed the P. Cup, just because it's probably the only one ever made, and seriously a funny thing, a Dig'Em we found, and that alligator we named Tommy Toothpick. We might be able to get more later; we didn't want to seem greedy, and the fact that we got to pick though the piles early was enough of an unfair advantage.


One more thing we did grab after we walked past the piles later that afternoon, was this sample of the Gamestop mascot know as Buck Bunny. It's wild to think that without the crazy stock market shenanigans that happened, Gamestop might not still be around. It's like they had an extra life, video-game-style.


I saw this t-shirt of a Star Wars droid that I didn't recognize. I think it's from an episode of the Disney+ series Star Wars Visions which consists of short random nonsense cartoons "based" on Star Wars. I did see all of those, but I guess they were each so packed full of stuff that I still don't remember this particular droid.


Hot Topic is clever enough to know how the world really works and properly named this section "Plushie Adoption Center" haha. Cute.


YAY! But once again, my friend does not have any need for a little backpack.


Anybody see the Monsters at Work series on Disney+? It was pretty good. I don't know if this is going to sound cool or not, but the Henry Winkler monster was perfect for the voice. Like, you know how sometimes they try to make the cartoon characters look like the voice actors? Well somehow they did that for him, but with this monster that doesn't at all look like him, yet also looked exactly like him.


I took this picture in the middle of June, well before the Thor: Love and Thunder movie, not knowing it was actually a small throw-away bit in the background! I guess you have to go all the way to New Asgard if you want to get yourself some Infinty Conez. Like, it's a funny joke for the movie audience, but in-universe, do you really think they would be making fun of this? I mean, it did mess up the whole universe a lot, those people might not find it as funny. And Thor himself would be like "Seriously?!" and wreak the place for sure.


Did I mention we finally got around to seeing "That Poor Girl, I Feel So Bad For That Girl: The Movie" I mean, Encanto? The Bruno song was alright, but I have a feeling that the only reason it blew up the watch-hit-counts online was the fact that the lyrics were so clever and dense, you really had to listen to the song a hundred times before you hear all of it.


There's a new funny hot sauce store in the mall! Always fun to check out funny hot sauce labels. Mr. Pain: Execute Your Testebuds! Really? That's how you are trying to sell me your sauce? Who would really want that? But that's what makes them so funny!


Hmm... I'm not sure if I can trust the taste-test area. Looks well organized, it's got little spoons, probably not too germ-y. It's a great idea to get to taste some of this stuff since the bottles are kind of expensive.


It must be a fun job for an artist to have to come up with these silly labels. These stores are like miniature art galleries! They seem to get no limits to what kind of art they can put on a hot sauce bottle.


Butterscotch Rub? I am intrigued! Not sure why I didn't get one of these, or at least try a sample, but probably next time I go here, I'll taste-test this. I don't know why this sounds like it would be amazing.


Calamity Jane fits well with Calamity Pain, but I think Doc Habanero is supposed to be Doc Holiday? Not quite as clever. I don't think either one of those people were ever Wanted Dead or Alive. I guess sometimes the labels are a miss.


Okay Elsa, I know Bruno has overtaken your song's hit-count, but that's no reason to hide in the ground. At she got herself a personalized manhole cover.


Movie Theatre Popcorn? I think Games Workshop has figured out how to make something even more worthless into a huge price. This super small ounce of plastic is selling for $35! How can they get away with this? I mean, at least you can -eat- popcorn. The real might of Warhammer 40K is this profit margin.


Space Cats. I have no idea what the game is like, but they have plushie merch, so it must be good, right? I found it a little funny to see the sign that says "BUNDLE TO SAVE" and also a price of $389.99. That's supposed to be "saving"? How much does a Playstation 5 cost? ...Just sayin'...


Anybody else creeped-out by the oddly aggressive Lollipop Guild from The Wizard of Oz? They better not catch you buying lollipops from someone else! Even as a young pony, they always struck me as like... mobster criminals.


Anybody else cook like this? This made me laugh good enough to get a picture to share. More butter!


Grogu at maximum cute-ness! I guess they are still making the ittybittys at Hallmark.


Clever Lawn Gnome hats on these plushies! Ice Cream cone and a Mermaid Tail? Neat! Somebody needs to know that thier art is being appreciated. I mean, look... that one has sprinkles in it's beard!

No comments:

Post a Comment