Thursday, July 21, 2022

Sweet Biking

The weather is not very cooperative this year, it's usually very hot outside when we go out for the bike rides. But not hot enough to stop us from going out, and taking pictures to share.

Ahh... The best smell of honeysuckles. It usually only blooms like this for a week or so. It's like the air version of putting butterscotch on your ice cream. Why am I talking about ice cream when I'm trying to get some exercise?!




That guard rail is a SLACKER! Get back up here and guard that drop, you slacker! This section is pretty narrow, so it's kind of important, really. How did that thing break?


Did somebody abandon this ear things holder? It's nice that nobody is touching it, hopeful that whoever lost it will come back to get it.


The last time we passed this spot, the graffiti had been painted over. So this is all-new tags. They are wasting their time if they think they can keep this spot clean at all.


Oh crud. Looks like a recent rainstorm has blocked the path. Hmm... It doesn't look so big, maybe I can do something about it?


Gee kid, thanks for not even looking at us, or offering to help or anything. Just stepped right over the tree. It felt really weird, like... am I a ghost? To be fair, I tugged at the tree solo, and it didn't budge at all, so the help would probably not have worked either. But it felt so odd being super-ignored. The tree was low enough, so we lifted the bike over it without too much of a problem.


I don't remember this wall of rocks being here. It must be new. That's quite a lot of them! I guess I can say that this portion of the trail... ROCKS! [makes air guitar movements]


That trail over there looks new, too. The pavement, that wooden railing. It has been a hot minute since I've travelled in this direction, so there would have been time to do that without noticing it. Zoom in and check out the turtle near the center of this picture!


Oh yeah, I forgot they did that! This shy turtle did not want to get its picture taken. It's cool yo, we don't mean you any harm. Sorry for bothering you.


Sometimes I look off into the distance and am a little amazed at the... distance. The trail sections are LONG. And sometimes it's a little too quiet and honestly a bit creepy. Maybe I watch too many zombie shows.


Nice reflection of the bridge. I wonder if I could get under there and put some kind of secret message you could only read in the reflection? OH! That's a neat movie plot idea!


This sign is bent, but what could have caused that type of damage? The rest of the guard rail is very much intact, along with the other pole, that's right next to it. And what's up with the sign in general? Like, they forgot a word and made a smaller sign under it to include "Ahead".


Awww yeah. Blocked road is not blocked for a bicycle! Not technically, I suppose I still need to be careful, but let's go check out the closed bridge!


Well this part is actually blocked off, but it looks like the bridge repair is finished. Not too exciting after all.


Hey check out that little camper thing over there! Looks like sooo much fun. Can we say "Off The Grid"?


A few years ago, this spot was somewhat of a stream where we'd see a giant swan. Now it all grown-over with those water plants. They still mow the lawn around it, so it looks like a weird haircut of sorts.


BUNNY! While sorting my pictures I guess I glanced at this and thought it was from a bike ride. Just a bunny outside the back window. Hey Bun Bun!


This next picture was actually out while riding the bike, and just as I was about to get the pic, the two bunnies bolted away! So I got them mid-jumps. Can you see the other bunny behind the gate there?


In the Princeton campus and saw a neat gargoyle on the top of that building over there. This is pretty much the spot where I'll tell you to do a 360 and it looks and feels exactly like you are in Hogwarts, or some other kind of fantasy realm.


One chimney? Nah... we're going to do FOUR chimneys! BOOM! How's that for some chimneys?!


Pretty flower vines growing around that gate. It's like, did they do that on purpose like that, or is that just nature being cool all on its own?


Way to go window! Their "FREE BRITNEY" message worked! We couldn't have done it without you.


This water fountain is neat with the way the water just hugs the shape of the rock, but I don't remember the odd single chair here. Like, only one person at a time can sit and enjoy this?


That part on the Captain America movies where he tells his best friend Bucky "I'm with you 'til the end of the line!"? That's this. The end of the train line!


New rooms for the Princeton campus. Which one is Minty's? Considering how much money each dorm room must generate for the school, versus the cost of building the rooms... well, I don't think this open field will be open very long. That's more space to build more rooms!


Hole in the street! Um... Holey Street, Batman!


Can you see the steep drop-off we just pushed the bike up? Seriously like a 70 degree slope. We get to the top and there's a sign about avoiding the steep path. D'oh! How about you put one of those signs at the bottom, too? I'm not sure we could have gotten the bike on an elevator anyway.


Would it be funny if one of those statues was just a guy in a costume and makeup? 


There's a balcony over there that looked like the perfect place to rally some kind of crowd in this large open area. Let's go do that thing! Who's with me?!


Black squirrel at Princeton. I feel like I could add some kind of comment here, but I also feel that no matter what I put, it will be wrong. It's a squirrel, not a person, and... I'm a mint pony... but still not going to make any comments. Nope.


Um... Hello? How are you supposed to do "sidewalk" right here?


Seriously? The School of Engineering and Applied Science did not know what that sculpture looks like? How embarrassing!


Respect! Don't move, tree. We'll do the sidewalk around you. We got you, old timer!


Is that how prayers work? I have to drop them off? And "requests"? Like, are they going to review them somehow?

No comments:

Post a Comment