Saturday, December 17, 2022

Not-Vacation Pics

 Another round of random pics from our not-technically-a-vacation for Thanksgiving.

The night we got down there we were taken out to Outback for a nice steak. One of my friends got their order messed up which was kind of a bummer, but they wound up not charging us for it, so I guess it all worked out. Nobody likes having a bad restaurant experience. It's hard to enjoy your own meal when someone else is just sitting there waiting to get a re-do.



Have I seen a sign before, that said "no pandering"? I wonder if this works?


Hatsune Miku AND a My Little Pony!?


Here's the back of the box, so you can get a better look at them, since the shiny plastic on the front was not helping the camera out at all.


The three main characters from YashaHime, the InuYasha sequel show. The show has a lot of the charm the original did, despite the focus on almost all new characters.


I used to not believe in miracles, but then I saw an eagle hug a human. I forgot the exact quote from Peacemaker, but this Eagly hug was a great moment.


Did I know that Cool Stuff got a "logo"? I bet that's been there for a long time, but I don't recall noticing it before.


MEOW! My friend always thought that Darkstalkers should have been just as popular as Street Fighter 2, but it never quite achieved the same fame. Nice to see it still gets some merchandise.


WOOF! It's the puppy from Shin Chan! And InuYasha is also a cute puppy! Sit boy!


This might be the cutest E.T. I've ever seen! And the foreign language "Mon Ami E.T." just sounds so cute, too.


Star Wars has back-pedaled the droid-racist Cantina guy; you know, that guy that shooed-away Artoo and Threepio with his "We don't serve their kind here!" line. They are saying he knew the droids don't drink beverages, and his place was busy and full of customers, so he didn't want them taking up space. 

  
Supernatural Tarot Cards, obviously cool. Hmm... DC Tarot Cards? Um, sure I can see that, I guess. Star Trek Tarot Cards? WHAT?! That makes no sense at all!


Why does this Hatsune Miku bookmark have a PINK tassel? She has TEAL hair! The tassel should match her very tassel-looking hair!


This must be a huge problem to have such a lighted No Turn on Red sign! I'm sure somebody wished this could also be ten times bigger, just to make sure people see it.


Yeah, I am sooooo not a morning person. Funny mug though.


Seeing "Alicorn" on the Unicorn/Pegasus makes me wonder. I thought My Little Pony made that term up. But they also us Cthulhu, and that's certainly a character, too. Hey, if nobody cares...


A little surprised that my friend passed on cheap booster pack boxes. I mean, who can resist a booster pack? It's a whole box of them, for so cheap!


Smelling Play-Doh. Lawn, okay. Grill King, Um... okay. Dad Sneakers? GROSS! Does somebody at Play-Doh have a thing for feet?


A McDonald's video game? Cool? Why does it have to be the most expensive one here? $100 bucks? McOuch.


Various cool video game posters in frames. I like the 36 Views of Mount Fuji wave with the boat from Zelda: Wind Waker. Also gotta give mad props to the Jet Set Radio guy. Another game my friend thought should have been more popular than it was.


Saw a couple more games that were marked with outrageous prices. Good luck finding it somewhere else? I guess that's the reason they are marked up.

 
It's cool to stop in the Dave and Busters to check out what's new for Arcade Games. Here' a "light gun" game with vacuum cleaner "guns" for Luigi's Mansion! Neat.


Well there's a classic game you would never think would get a mega-modern update. Elevator Action?


My friend remembers this thing! There was one in the arcade up in Rye, NY. You follow the lights circle and jump when it's at the bottom. Silly fun.


Lynnhaven Mall directory. I'm too lazy to read it at the time, so grab a pic and read it later.


Odd seeing Mike Wazowski at Build-a-Bear Workshop. (was that a pun? "seeing"?) What outfits can he wear?


Cookout! Or is it Cook Out? We don't have these in New Jersey, but it's a tasty fast-food place we like to hit when we are in town.


Boss. Ref. Not that I would personally want one, but I was looking for one that would say My Mom, for a friend. As a joke... We like our friend's mom just fine.


On the trip back up to New Jersey, we spot an embroidered logo in a favorite rest stop, and it's a sharp reminder how my friend no longer has a job. Which used to be embroidering things. Not sure what I'm trying to say with this comment, but emotions, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment