Monday, December 5, 2022

Toy Graffiti

 Here's a bunch of pics from a while ago. Not that you'd notice, I guess. Why would I even need to mention that? Anyway, enjoy the fun comments.

I wonder if this is real graffiti from real trains. You think they are giving credit to the artist? Could you imagine how cool that would be, to be the person who did this, and they ripped off your art to put on a toy? Nah, I'm sure it's made-up for the toy, but it's fun to think that could happen.




Hmm... not quite sure what to say about "doodle with the ponies" on this cover text. I feel like somebody did that on purpose as a joke, but it's equally possible it's just unexpectedly funny-sounding.


I know it's "not cool" to take pictures in a public bathroom, but there was nobody else in here. I think. That hole in the ceiling might have a different opinion on that. Yikes.


No pressure, kid! Hahaha. Hope you're good at math!


Is there an "n" in "Zoiks!"? This didn't look right when I saw it, but surely they must know if it's embroidered on a hat.


A helpful robot! Sure all it does is find your keys, but that's like, a really important thing! I know those little nubs are supposed to be cute dog legs, but it also kind of looks like a ripped-off head. Sorry for pointing that out... Youch!


I took this picture a while ago, and I forgot what kind of comment I was going for at the time. Something about pink lightsaber Kyber crystals on clearance? Maybe a Breaking Bad new flavor of pink ice... for the girls? Eh, I'm sure it was something funny.


Heh heh rip-off merch is funny, right? We all know that's Pinkie Pie.


They never have a "Minty" on any of these things. Sometimes having a unique name is not very useful. Although, these days there might be a website you can go to and type your own name on a custom thing, so it's not as bad as it used to be.


Shout out to our local legend, Jersey Devil! We might not have much going on in New Jersey, but there's a monster out there with our name on it!


Not only is it written on the package, but right on the actual toy: Poop King. I got nothing else for this picture. That's funny enough all on it's own.


Which box had the reading glasses in it? This fun bit of art on a random box at Walmart tells a great story about a talented worker who has some free time.


When you see the Lego Store employee building a set in the store, that's like... such a cool job perk, right?! That set normally cost $400! He's getting PAID right now to build it!


Pretty sure I got this picture the day it came out. Which was a while ago! Still, Lego Castle is a time-less classic. Just seeing this is inspiring. Who wants to build a giant caste?!


Another Lego set that came out at that time was this amazing Atari 2600. Most kids these days have no idea what this is... or was. Just looking at this is a little mind-blowing to think of how far we've gone. I mean right there, the game Adventure, your character was literally one square. Not we all carry a tiny thing in our pockets that play games a million times more advanced!


A few years ago we saw a Spinjas re-boot at the Toy Fair, but never saw it show up in stores. While wandering through a discount store we spot a Spinjas rip-off toy! Hey, what kid doesn't like spinning things crashing into each other?


I know they are trying to be funny or clever or... something, but seriously? Hey, fat person, buy our snacks! See? It doesn't quite work for me. Also, I have a plush friend named Snax, and he's not fat.


Hey kids, don't eat the Play-doh! It only "smells" like waffles and bacon! Don't eat it!


Yay nature! That little streak of clouds hiding the sun looks cool!


I saw this Lego sticker book and had the fun idea to start randomly putting Lego stickers everywhere! My friend is too old to "get away with that" I think. Like, if you caught a kid doing that, it's cute. But my friend might "get asked a bunch of questions about it". 


Ever want to fidget with a pony? They got toys for that!


I laughed at the thought of buying this for my seafood-loving friends, who always torture our one seafood-not-loving friend. That poor guy, they never seem to give him a break.


Need to heat-press an embroidered patch onto a hat? It's a little strange for my friend to see something like this available "to the public" instead of only in big manufacturing warehouses. Doing things at home is getting easier and easier.


OMG I can't believe I want a collectible... lighter? You go, squirrel! Soooo cute!


While I was caught checking out the lighter art, I saw this other one. I know that says "flick'n" but that L and I next to eachother kind of look like a "U"... I mean, lighters are certainly not for kids to play with, so it's okay to do that kind of thing here I suppose. Still... These are right next to the registers for kids to look at while waiting. So probably not cool after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment