Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Surface Pictures

 Random pics again. With fun comments again.

Um... What? I was stunned at the technology advancement that this text on this door handle implies. Are there really microscopic nano robots crawling on this surface to clean it?! Am I going to crush them if I grab this handle? What year is this? Am I in the future?




Ah, Caterpie. Does everybody remember this was the first pokemon that Ash caught? The journey of a million episodes starts with just one step.


I originally took this picture last year, so the "new for 2023" was a little cooler then. Who else likes the silly Hot Wheels cars? Are there people out there who only like the "real" cars?


GIANT Lego Eiffel Tower! I mean, wow. But also... Seriously, where are you going to put that thing? It's huge! Seeing it all built makes me want it less.


Would you think that Dungeons & Dragons Yahtzee would have the crazy polyhedral dice, instead of the regular 6-sided ones?


What do you get when you combine Halloween and Xmas decorations? It's Ghost Santa! He knows when you are sleeping!


I took this picture right about the time that Jay Leno lit his face on fire. Did you hear that news story? Don't worry, he's actually okay, even though his face was reportedly fully engulfed in flames.


Ghost Snowman, too! Looks a little more like a ghost, but it's a snowman. So this is what they do during the summer. Bonus Cool Points for the minty swirl buttons!


There was a wave of TV commercials for some kind of bacon cooker you put in the microwave, and I didn't want the cooker, but the constant advertisement of BACON meals really made me crave some bacon. So I had just-bacon for dinner a few times. Got some Texas Toast to go along with it. Unexpected bonus, the apartment smelled like bacon for weeks!


Did you hear they made a new Avatar movie? Haha of course you heard! I went to buy a ticket before lunch. They make you pick seats these days, so going right before the movie starts is not as good of a thing anymore.


I remember I was in a funky mood one day, and even though all the signs were taken down, I sheepishly asked if they still had McRibs and... YES! That's the type of cheering-up I needed!


We saw the new movie. I wasn't sure they needed to do a new Avatar movie, since the first one was such a complete story. But it was kind of nice visiting that world again, and they showed us all kinds of new wacky cool animals. Forget about the people stories, can we have like, nature documentaries about only the animals next time?


3D televisions were a passing fad of sorts, so if you want to see it in 3D, you got to see it in a theater. Or, you could say that if you are going to a theater, you might as well spend a little extra and see it in 3D? Whatever, you know it's going to be all about "the visuals" so 3D it!


We thought it was cool that the theater still had the Top Gun standee in the lobby. 


Shiny Pokemon! While walking around we saw a purple Delibird and though "aren't they usually red?" As excited as we were to have finally seen and caught a shiny pokemon, the new Pokemon games Scarlet and Violet make it much easier to see and catch shiny versions. So it's not as much of a big deal as it might have been in an earlier game. Also fun to note that we got the Scarlet game and the Shiny Delibird is Violet in color. And for the record, yes we know that Delibird is technically not that great of a pokemon, stat-wise, but we're adding her to the team anyway!


Disney might claim it's for other reasons, but the lack of consistency makes that story harder to back up. They want to erase the maybe-offensive name of "Slave 1" and simply call it "Boba Fett's Starship". Yet right next to it is The Justifier, and not "Cad Bane's Starship". Obviously, they will not re-brand the Milennium Falcon as "Lando Calrissian's Starship" either. At least be honest about it.


Anybody seen a Hot Ones episode? That's the Internet series where the host feeds his guests increasingly hotter sauces while he asks them questions. Looks like there's a themed burger at Shake Shack!


Hot Ones burger and Hot Fires! For the amount of hype that the show gets, these things were NOT "hot" at all. I'm a fan of hot sauces, so I might be a lot more tolerant than average, but even so, I expected this to be at least a little hotter.


They give you a wooden fork thing to eat the fries with, and it looked like there was some kind of secret code on it. Anybody know what EAC stands for? I can see what looks like a trash icon, did they not expect me to throw this away?


There was a guy at the 2nd-hand Lego place in the mall, who had a "working" engine block. All of the pistons were moving up and down, a spinning fan, it was neat. 


Here's a FAQ page you can read for the obvious questions. Kind of saves me from typing some comments here. Check out those awards over there! Technically you can "build" all the Lego trophies you want, but if you "earn" them, that's completely different! This guy earned those trophies!


Law & Order Monopoly. I don't care what type of merchandise you have for any of these long-running Law & Order shows, anything, it just better do the "DUN-DUN!" music notes. You know the sound I'm talking about.


Sooooo embarrassing! I don't think Konami can copyright the code, can they? The "classic" cheat code is "up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Start." This art piece disturbs me for being wrong.


Sometimes the junk mail cracks me up. Renewal by Anderson! Replace your doors and windows! They KNOW they mailed this to an apartment, right? Did they expect me to mock them on my blog, thus extending their advertising? They tricked me! It worked! Now I'm the silly one!


I wonder if McDonald's is saving money by not having the drink station in the lobby. They give you a whole new plastic cup when they give you a refill from behind the counter. And... enjoy your lousy paper straw! Plastic cup, paper straw. Sigh. 


While packing up stuff, we came across this old ad we saved, because it's so funny. It's for Dunkin' Donuts and in large text it says "START YOUR DAY HERE!!" yet the coupons are valid from 3PM-9PM. So... who sleeps in until 3PM?! Hahaha Slackers! An actual business printed this.


These pictures are from a while ago. We didn't expect to take any new pictures at the Raising Cane's since we've already been there a few times, but it looks like there's some promo for National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation going on.


I still don't know why the dog's name is Rasing Cane, but they had plushies in character outfits for sale. Yay cool merch! I didn't get any, but I like that it was available anyway.


I had to get a picture of the squirrel on the cup! I guess I can also use this opportunity to say this food is really tasty, too. 


Probably not a real Charles M. Schulz drawing, but this Peanuts version of the Rasing Cane's guy with his dog is cute.


We finished the Stone Ocean seasons of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure with Jolyne Kujo here, and I gotta say, it was one of the most epic endings I've ever seen. That show has done some insane stuff before, and it would seem almost impossible to top the epic-ness some of the other season's finales, but wow did they do it.


Tabletop miniatures game for Star Wars, which is marketed towards more grown-up players in a hobby shop and not a toy store, still says Slave 1! On both Boba and Jango Fett's packaging. Honestly a little shocked, or impressed, or... something. 


Outside the hobby store was an Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. car! Cool! You think they drive around in the Men in Black-style outfit? Cosplay for your car, you might as well do it, too.


Hey, they made a Christmas version of the Scout Trooper played by Jason Sudeikis! You can tell because Grogu is in the bag they captured him in. He's wearing a funny sweater design despite the fact he was mean to poor Grogu. Did you get that message? Because he got that message.


Seen in the window of a thrift shop, it's a classic Playskool doll known as Busy Dressy Bessy. The story would take too long to explain, but we had to get a picture of this. Did anybody have one of these as a little pony? Even though this would not be the same one you had growing up, having a fresh one would still be a cool thing if you did, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment