Monday, May 15, 2023

Free Pictures

 Free pictures!

America: Land of the free! For $4.99. So... it's not free? Is there some deep social commentary going on here?



Wandered across a Bed Bath and Beyond that was going out-of-business, and this cool marble trash bin was 60% off. Which was still over $30. It was really heavy and neat, but Still kind of silly to pay that much for a trash bin, right?


Everything was for sale, so they has the big stair things and stuff, too. How crazy would it be to have one of these at home?


It was fun peeking into all of the register drawers and seeing what kind of things from the storage cabinets were up for sale. Ever wanted one of those pens you rub across dollars to see if they are fake? I don't really know why a regular non-business person would want one, but here it is!


I found a full heart container! [Triumphant Zelda music plays as I hold it over my head]


I have not played the Star Wars Jedi Survivor games yet. Maybe after I do, I'll be more excited about this guy. My friend told me he'd buy this just to get the tiny droid. Like, buy the BD-1, and get a bonus Jedi dude.


This backpack with a bubble dome on it was labeled as a cat carrier. Hilarious! Could you imagine walking around your cat in this thing? It would be so much fun to do that, and get everybody's reactions.


This was quite confusing. According to the price tags, it was one for $5, or two for... $5. I scanned them in the price scanner, and sure enough, they both rang up for $5. What? 


I'm a pretty big fan of D&D, even though it's been a long time since I've actually played it. I wanted to join the party, and saw the first showing at 3pm on a Thursday. I can play a pony character, right?


This is only the second time this has happened. The first time was ironically the recent My Little Pony The Movie. Me and my friend were the only people in the theater. So it's like we rented out the whole place for a private screening, and it only cost $8.34!


I felt like calling somebody, and talking through the whole movie, just because there would be nobody to yell at me, and it would be a funny thing to do. But I genuinely wanted to see this movie, and it was indeed very good. It totally felt like people playing the game, at times the characters came up with silly ideas just like real players would. Which made the movie better than I expected it to be.


Random moving truck in the neighborhood, and I had to snap a pic of the art on the side of it. The other side was blank. I guess they didn't have enough time to tag both sides.


"GoGurt" is pretty close to "Grogu" so I got a smile out of this promo packaging. It's also fun that this is the type of thing you should feed him anyway.


Wow! Super tiny POP! Figures! Where have these been all along?! I could have so many more of them if they were this size.


Sometimes collecting figures is not as easy as you'd think. GameStop has a cool idea that you can pre-order them. That might seem silly, but now you don't have to worry about them selling out before you get one. I'll add to this picture that Mara Jade is not a "real" Star Wars character. She existed in a sequel series from novels, that Disney over-wrote with thier own sequel series. Yet they are still going to make a figure of her. Strange, right?


I'm not sure exactly what Disney Mirrorverse is, some kind of game I think. But it looks like they tried to make cool new versions of the characters. As Rainbow Dash famously said: "I think they need to be cooler. I don't know... about 20% cooler".


Wall of T-Shirts at Hot Topic. Felt happy to see Svengoolie among them! I'm not sure how I got into the habit of watching his show every Saturday night, but it's a fun show. Sure they are really old movies, but he hand-picks them, so they are usually okay in some way or another. It's like a movie and a history lesson all at once.


The VR game place at the mall had a Mario Kart track set up! They released a Mario Kart game where you race real cars with cameras on them that display on the TV screen, with power-ups added and what-not, but you're really racing the real cars. Most people don't have the type of space at home to set up a track, but it's neat to see them doing it at the mall place.


The package says in big letters "Spider-Man" but that's clearly Spider-Girl. Marvel Spellcheck might have said it was okay, but someone should have double-checked and realized they got the name wrong. At least the text on the actual car got it right.


A friend asked if I tried the Pepsi Peeps, and I was like WHAT!? I ran right out the next day to hunt some down. I'm probably the million'th person to say this, but why did they not call it "Peepsi"?!


Another fun food quest happened when we realized it had been a long time since we had potato stix. We could only find them in a gigantic tub, so we got a lot of them.


The Peeps Pepsi was the sweetest thing I've ever drank. Seriously like blended-up ice cream sprinkles. It was 99% Peep and 1% Pepsi. These cans were tiny! But that's okay because they were too sweet to drink with meals, they were more like liquid candy snacks.


Unlike a bag of chips, this tub was filled right up to the top! The funny part of the story is that they were pretty good, but after a few minutes of the tiny slivers, and we kind of just wanted regular potato chips instead. But we had a giant tub of them, so we had to have potato stix for like, a whole week.


Dominoes insults every place that sells fries by claiming they don't deliver well. And also shows a silly science kitchen with, I guess, some kind of tot-squish testing device. It's like a comedy movie parody version of a commercial, but it's somehow... a real commercial. What's happening?!


I rescued a turtle! This one was walking across the road, and I saw it in time to stop and get out, and then move it off to the side. You gotta be more careful!


There were cars behind me, so I wasn't going to try and get a picture of the turtle in the street. I moved it right away. Imagine it was right there in the street. The other cars saw us moving the turtle, so they weren't all honk-y and mad. But they did drive around us while we took the pictures.


Why even call it Five Below if you are going to sell something for Twenty Five dollars? 


I'm super tiny! No? Then why are these Ferrero Rocher chocolate things so huge? I like to think it makes me look super tiny instead.


Ugh. Target has done this before, so I don't feel the need to try and explain this to them, they obviously don't have a problem dealing with this. They put these signs ALL OVER the Lego section, about a promotion that EXCLUDES Lego. Zoom in and read the fine print. Yet there they go, tags all up and down the Lego section, every shelf, one tag every two feet or less. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment