Monday, November 13, 2023

Visual Feast

 Have some yummy pictures! Okay just a few are about food. I mean "yummy" in like, a general-enjoyment kind of way.

This time I DID remember that Cracker Barrel has fried pickles on the menu! And I also remembered that they are GOOD fried pickles. They can vary from place to place. Sometimes they are not so good, but Cracker Barrel has some above-average ones. Just get some extra napkins so you can press out the grease if they are too soggy for you. I like my fried pickles super-crispy.




Another pic from Cracker Barrel; this is called Sunday Homestyle Chicken, but it's available every day. That's not confusing at all. Pretty sure this used to be called Butter Baked Chicken, but maybe they had to get away from the word "butter" for reasons. Between this and the pickles, I had a meal full of tasty crispy breading!


Pac-Man plushies in the gift shop there. The Ghosts are the recently-popular style where you can flip them inside-out. So you can turn them blue and scared.


Here's an odd picture to find among my pictures. Remember when we took that trip to Florida? And three out of the four people came back with Covid? The 4th friend took this Covid home-test. Negative! I almost didn't post this picture since I already told that story before, but I can't help but still be amazed he didn't get the Covid when everyone else did. Crazy. Is this a humble-brag? About avoiding Covid? Sorry if it is.


What? Sip history? Does that make any sense? I'm not going to try and figure this out. Just give me more soda, please.


Nachos and Pot Roast! That's the combo found only on the buffet at Golden Coral. To be fair, I usually get jalapenos from the salad area, but they did not have any out this night.


It's a "salad" with quotes around it on purpose. I mean, there's some lettuce there. And black olives, and cheese, and an overwhelming amount of thousand island dressing. It's like only the best parts of a real salad. Welcome to the buffet! You can get only the good parts.


Score! As a fan of claw machines, one of the tricks is careful scouting of easy-grabs. This Purple Monkey was right on the edge and only took one try to nab it. There were other people who were trying before us, and I was a little amazed they didn't just get this guy on accident, he was so close to falling out. I'll take 'em!


Cube with "What should I do today" things on it. Without reading them all, I rolled and it came up with "go for a bike ride" and I laughed because... that's something I do all the time! How did the cube know?!


This was us driving back from our trip to Virginia. Can you believe we were AIS at 7:37 in the morning?! I know! That's why we got the picture! If you knew us, that's ridiculously early for us.


The local McDonald's had a "meal" for the Darkoaster ride at Busch Gardens. That's a lot of food! I think this was after we drove a while, so we were a little farther away from Busch Gardens than we thought that they'd have meals for.


When we asked what types of sauces they had, they told us this and we did not believe them. Mind blown. My friend worked for McDonald's in his youth, and asked why they did not have McNugget sauce version of Big Mac Sauce. The answer he always got was something like... it would de-value the unique flavor of the Big Mac, if you want that sauce, you gotta order the Big Mac. But here we are, with Big Mac Sauce McNugget Sauce! Not available everywhere, good luck if it's near you.


Can you imagine if Mario is hitting the blocks and cookies are popping out of the tops? Oreo did! You think magic mushrooms will double your size? Oreo cookies will do the same thing, you gotta eat a bunch of them though.


On the floor of the Target, a post-it note with a number 4 on it. I'm sure there's a story here, but with no way to figure it out, I guess I'll just grab a picture of it. Poor post-it note. If only you could tell your story.


It'a a new adorable style of cars from Hot Wheels, called RacerVerse. That Mike Wazowski car is from a short film when you bought the DVD, where get got a new car and spends a bunch of time adjusting the seat. It was hilarious. As cute as these are, I can't wait to see what other characters they do like this.


It was so much rain that day! I was genuinely concerned that the water would creep over the door edge. Too late to build that ark! Just kidding, but it was a lot of rain.


They always put a figure you want in a set with a lot of other figures. That Bellossom is so cute! Pretty sure I already have a Bellossom figure so this was an easy pass. Still got the picture though.


Right away I see another set with one figure I'd want! There were some pretty famous Star Trek cross-over TMNT figures in the past, so it was fun to see one of the new-movie characters as Spock. Do you think we'd ever see a figure of Spock dressed up as a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle?


Wendy's Chili, in a can, in the Walmart. Why not just... go to Wendy's? Did they deliver this to Walmart by mistake?


The Lego Store is good for seeing the giant sets already-built in the display cases. That Disney Castle cost $400, which seems like a lot, but at least I can see it's huge. 


I know I've said this before, but I like the superhero name "Mt. Lady" from My Hero Academia, it's a funny hero name. She's not one of the students, she's already a pro hero. This POP! Figure is super-sized because that's her super power, being giant. And she's on the baseball team. Which doesn't seem fair at all.


Prior to our trip on the Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser, we were scouting for clothing we could wear that would appear to be in-universe, like they would belong on a Star Wars character. Most of Star Wars uses earth-tone rugged styles, but at one point we thought about going with a rich alien vibe, and this shirt with these crazy colors looked very "alien" to us. Like an animal print from a space animal. We did not get this shirt, but I thought you'd like the story.


It's unreasonable to expect they could make a POP! Figure that would actually transform, but they could at least make this a double figure that would include the car. But that might be confusing, too.


Some actual transforming Transformers! Looks like Axelgrease turns into a Mad Max post-apocalypse war car. Which opens up the question: Why don't they ALL have insane Mad Max armour and spikes on the cars? It looks like it would be soooo useful for them.


The red catsuit was the last version Seven of Nine wore during the Star Trek: Voyager series. She started off in a basically-metal catsuit that choked her and eventually wound up in this more comfy outfit.


Who needs a shower head run by an app on your phone? For $250? This is in a real store, in case you thought this was a gag bit. I somehow think... it might still be a joke. 


I'm not going to judge the whole Jamaican culture, this must be a simple error. It's "Soft" Drink. You forgot the "t", mon.


I got a smile when I saw the Mario Kart 8 version of these. A few years ago we had a neighborhood squirrel pal who would run up to us when we would give the Honey Teddy Graham treats. We named that squirrel Turbo. So that's a thing you do in Mario Kart, use the turbo boost.


Another picture from a while ago. I saw the newest Indiana Jones movie: And The Dial of Destiny. It was alright. Can I talk about it without spoiling it? Eh, it's not worth the spoilers, but you should check it out.


They were doing construction, so we were divereted to this back road that had a streetlight with only one light. Looked a little bit like an R2-D2 Astromech head. Cute, but also horrifying to see it hanging up there. Poor droid!


The original Tongue Lashor figure had a lever on it's back and the tongue would flick out. 40 years later and you have to now plug-in a removable tongue. Booooooo! It should be phone-app powered auto-flicking tongue, not less-technology than the 1980's. This is not pyramids, people, it's a toy with a flicking tongue. Roboto could be an actual robot? Probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment