Tuesday, November 28, 2023

This is not a toy, it's a collectible.

 Guess what? More pictures of stuff. There's fun comments, too.

Minions are very popular with the kids, but this one looks very inappropriate for kids. I mean, c'mon. Velvet bathrobe and sly glance? Can't you just hear the smooth saxophone music that must be playing here? Does he want to show you his banana?




New The Little Mermaid versus random mermaid from Peter Pan. There was a mermaid in Peter Pan? And she's only wearing seashells? How long has it been since I watched Peter Pan?


Yikes! "Watch me"? Are you sure? What are we talking about doing?


Zoobles! I had a couple of these from a long time ago. It's based off of the Bakugan game where you roll spheres until they hit a metal surface and they pop up into little creatures. Except Zoobles don't have a game, and they are cute little animals instead. I haven't seen these in a long time, so I got a smile seeing a new set in the store.


This birdhouse was soooooo Minty! Like it was made just for me. I'm not a bird though.


Always fun to see that the letter things have been arranged into funny words. Sometimes I have to do it myself before I get a picture, but this was like this when I walked by.


This Jeep has a face on it! Little angry eyes and teeth! Is that too much for a car? Like, it's cute for a couple of minutes, and then you kind of want a regular car again. Who would want their car to be angry all the time?


I haven't seen the show these are based on, but I gotta give a shout out to the cool names. Adding Thorn to Rose is so clever to show she's "been through stuff" and who doesn't love a double-title like Mr. Dr. Eggman?


Small-town America! Walking to the post office, I passed this house that ordered boxes and boxes of chocolate! To be fair, they sell ice cream out of the side window, so they might need this much chocolate. Still fun to see a large amount of chocolate delivered at a home.


This is the type of thing they are talking about when they are worried about Artificial Intelligence doing art. You just tell the computer to make a classic painting but with a cat, and this pops out automatically. I mean, this one was probably really painted by a real person, but it might have been done by AI.


Wait wait wait. Not without my consent! You... hold your... peoples! How do you like it?!


"I don't love her! She kicked me in the face!" Madmartigan was missing, but that's his line for Sorsha. Spoiler for the movie Willow, he wound up loving her anyway. I think that movie still has one of the best final boss fights of any movie. It was brilliant.


I went to the flea market with the intent of not taking any pictures, but then I saw these luchador masks. Who buys a luchador mask? And why do I want one?


Also at the flea market. If you've ever seen the show Parks and Recreation, it's a recurring bit where all the characters lose their minds over this tiny horse Li'l Sebastion. So I thought it would be fun to play along. AHHH! It's Li'l Sebastion! I can't believe he's here at the flea market!


The Lego Store has little areas where they have some bricks for the kids to make stuff to display. Sometimes they're really good and worth getting pictures of.


Yes, that's not a typo. This Lego set with only 54 pieces is priced at $27. Big OUCH. Hey, it's Batman. 4-Year-olds can't do math.


There's a new series, about the Batman vehicles having personalities, called Batwheels. I haven't seen it yet, but this set of villain vehicles says it's the Legion of Zoom. That's just a really clever name instead of Legion of Doom.


Before I went to Raising Cane's for lunch, I read that Post Malone bought the one special Magic: The Gathering card of the Lord of the Rings set. You know, the card they only made one of, and everybody went nuts buying packs to find it? He bought it for an "undisclosed amount" and then I went to lunch and saw this. Maybe Raising Cane's promotional money all went to buying that card?


One of the employees was having a birthday and there was a Spiderman T-Rex walking around. So... lunch and a show! Bonus!


Having played a lot of D&D in my youth, I don't think I ever saw 24 or 30 sided dice. Neat. I guess with geometry or math or whatever, they could make any-sided dice?


That Kneady Kitten Baker's Flour t-shirt design was sooooo cute! At a Hot Topic.


Seriously? Theriznosaurus? There-is-no-saurus? That's a real dinosaur name, I looked it up.


What type of phone plan do you have for your Pokedex? Virizion?


Did you buy that $200 Ultimate Collector's Edition Batmobile, just to get the special Michael Keaton Batman minifigure? Cool, cool. Here, have that same figure now in a $5 bag set. D'oh!


Replaced the brake light in the car. No big deal. Why did I feel like I needed a picture for this? I did my own car repair!


Did I mention I watched this Young Jedi Adventures show? I really liked the art style but the show itself was very "kid-y" It was odd to see the kids with full-blown lightsabers, and the "bad guys" never immediately surrendered when confronted with them. Like, that thing will cut you in half like you were made of butter. This girl Lys Solay had a purple saber like Mace Windu had, and they never explained it on this show either.


Is this the first time I noticed this? They used a re-color on one of these dragons in the art store. They even use similar names; one is called Cloud Dragon and the other one is a Fog Dragon. Not too surprising or anything. Why did I need a picture of this?


Old anime movie Nausica of the Valley of the Wind. It's a great movie about repsecting nature and all, but it also had the best explanation of low-level random soldiers fighting the obviously superior good guy. He shows up and a random grunt screams "It's Lord Yupa! Kill him and you'll be famous!" Right before Lord Yupa takes out a dozen or so of them. At least they had a good reason for trying.


What's with these numbers? $383 on each immigrant, each day? Seriously, New York? That's $11,500 per month, or $137,880 per year. For EACH immigrant. Who's math is this? I'm not the type of pony to scream "money laundering scheme" but this seems a little too obvious. I'm more upset that the local news anchors read these numbers like facts and were not asking... that seems kinda high, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment