Monday, January 22, 2024

All Aboard!

 The Minty Train arrives with a fresh batch of pictures to share.

Each letter cost $4, how much is your name worth? Um, in train cars. I didn't mean anything else by that.




Somebody asked for a picture of one of my "healthy" meals. It's cauliflower and a ground meat patty steak I mushed together with soy sauce. Chives on the cauliflower and some garlic powder and onion powder on the meat. See? My friend cooks.


This seems a little word-y but I guess it's clever enough.


Massive $700 plushie at the Kohl's. Dale the Dino. The display in the store suggests you grab a selfie with it. It also says "DO NOT climb on Dale." My friend, who's name I won't mention, thought that was pretty funny.


A friend sent this to us in the mail, which was a cute surprise. Despite the advice, we did travel to visit family for that Thanksgiving.


Nice Xmas display at the Lego Store. How long does it take to do that kind of thing?


Can we think of a better name for a skeleton version? One that doesn't sound so horrible or evil? Um... "Dry"? Sure... I guess that's okay. But... is it?


Does everyone know this is Grogu by now? Or do some people still say Baby Yoda? This hitch cover is using the backwards Yoda-speak, assuming Grogu will eventually talk like that. Even though there's no evidence to say he will.


It's a Minty stocking! Cool! Your excitement may vary.


YIKES! Some people might think this is clever, a six-shooter toilet paper holder. But this thing might as well have a full-on red flag hanging off it, too. If I ever see this in a house I might go twice! hahaha... I... am... outta here! 


When I first saw this I thought it was a awesome idea! But when I walked away I quickly thought you could do the same thing with like, a single simple board of wood.


I can't really "show you" how insanely cool these were, or explain the geometry or physics. But it's a ball you toss up, and it kind of floats open into a bigger sphere, and when you catch it, it collapses into the other color! See the blue and yellow next to each other? That's the same ball. Is this some kind of sorcery?! Or like... math?


I had no idea what New Jeans was but I do like the Powerpuff Girls. I'll save you the research and tell you they are a K-Pop girl group and this is a deluxe version of their new album. Do they also save the world before bedtime?


They made a droid figure from the Ahsoka series, but Admiral Thrawn, who was also in Ahsoka, gets a figure of his appearance in the Rebels cartoon? Why? What was wrong with the Ahsoka version?


It's a minty Squishmallow! I think this was a Hallmark exclusive. I took the picture a while ago.


Super mega tiny Star Trek Enterprise! So cute! You can tell by the design that it's the Original version of the ship, there's been a few new shows that have variations of it.


Playmobil has teamed up with Crayola and has figures you can scribble on and wash off. Neat. But let's not ignore the funny package photo which shows them painting this guy's crotch, specifically. Um... ouch?


The bookstore Labyrinth in Princeton has a basement they set up a few chairs and have shows or whatever. This picture is from a while ago, but it gives you an idea of the types of things they offer. Anything interesting?


The Princeton Record Exchange is a huge 2nd-hand music store. College kids buy stuff for the school and then trade it back when they graduate. You can find some cool stuff in here if you want to look.


I tried to get a few wide shots to show how vast the selection is. There's a lot of people in here but I got a few lucky pictures that make the place look empty.


Hellooooo down there! Get lost in the music.


There's also DVDs. My friend thought it was neat seeing Vampire Girl vs Frankenstein Girl in the Cult Trash section. Be careful, it's campy fun but "very" isn't a strong enough word to use in front of "violent" or "gory" for that movie! It's over-the-top bloody.


A whole section for Bowie? Yes. They know what they are doing here. Pros.


I thought I'd get a picture of the outside. It's a cool place you should check out if you visit Princeton. It's down one of the side alleys though. You might need to wander a bit to find it.


Did I do this bit before? I think I might have. But yes, my dream house would be made of cookies. How about you? Thanks, Barbie.


A whole pound of tasty candy popcorn. The math on the label says if you eat the whole thing, it's 1,950 calories. Which is about one whole pound you have to exercise away later. Looks like it might be worth it.


I notice that the dental floss is coming in paper packaging similar to the way the Lego minifigure bags switched to boxes. This is a good use of that method, since there's no randomness to dental floss.


Oh yeah, I went to see the The Marvels movie. It was alright. I'm in the shrinking crowd that still hangs on to all the Marvel stuff and is interested in seeing how it all connects. I still think it's like watching a TV series, but with a much higher episode budget.


Xmas music at the press of a button! Who needs to find it on a phone app? It's right here, press the button. I like the minty green colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment