Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Daily Dose of Minty

 Picture party time! Eh, nobody's that excited, are they? It's just pictures with comments.

Where have I seen this character before? Research says it's Chika Fujiwara from Kaguya-sama: Love is War. Huh? Never heard of it. Then it hits me. I have a friend who always shows me these internet clip compilation videos called Daily Dose of Internet. And every "show" they play this clip from the end credits of the anime with this dancing girl. ...COOL! Guess who got this for Xmas?! They were very happy to get it. Turns out that dance sequence has tumbled into a meme and is really popular all by itself at this point. Maybe I should check out the anime it's from. Dancing girl is adorable.




Whoa! There's a figure inside this controller! Neat! Also, I know it's been a long time since it's been Sega Genesis vs Super Nintendo, but let's not ignore that it's a SONIC the Hedgehog figure inside a NINTENDO controller. Who's the winner here? Us?


They made highly detailed figures for the Ewoks cartoon series, so you can put them next to your other Star Wars figures, and they won't look um... cartoon-y. E-chi-wa-wa! This makes it feel so much more "official" somehow.


It's been forever since I've actually eaten a meal at Rainforest Cafe, but there's one in the mall here in New Jersey, and I still like to walk by and check out the gift shop. They got the fountain running again! That thing's been empty since like, the Covid Times.


I recall that they didn't have t-shirt merch last time I was here, so it was nice seeing that again, too. I think this shirt is reading my mind.


Philosophy written by a Barnes and Noble employee. Are they trying to bait me into buying some mystery boxes, or has that already been chosen for me? Nobody "likes" blind boxes, but we still get some every now and then.


Awwww yeah. Knife skills. Which class teaches me about the zombie apocalypse? Wait... cooking? Sigh... nevermind.


I was going to make some kind of comment here about the Women's Soccer Team players earning money from merchandise, good for them. But all I'm thinking is... ouch those knees! I know it's the soccer thing, where after a score they slide on the knees. Why does this make it look painful? Is it? Should they be doing that?


Some more awesome POP! Figure moments. That Michael Jackson is doing the lean move from Smooth Criminal! You might not be able to see it very good in the package though, but he's leaning. And where did the bizarre meme come from with Homer Simpson vanishing backwards into the hedges?! It was such a throwaway random moment in the episode, but everybody knows it. D'oh!


Had some unexpected fun when I parked at home one day and saw this guy on the car next to me. We used some spam mail to get him over to the safety of the nearby trees. It was a cute little adventure.


This is only important to me, but I was STUNNED to see shopping baskets back at the grocery store. When New Jersey law banned the use of plastic bags, and forced everybody to bring in re-usable cloth bags, an unexpected thing happened... frustrated customers flat-out took the baskets home with them, never to be returned. The grocery store in particular was very mad about it, every time I asked if they planned on getting more they screamed "NO!" at me. Anyway, I'm happy they got more eventually.


Dude! What if we mashed a Jeep together with a pickup truck?! Dude! We totally gotta do that! And... they did!


Not to take anything away from Lucha wrestling, but I found it pretty hilarious that this guy's name is Blue Demon Jr. and he's wearing a suit. It's such a contrast between the business world and the lucha mask. I'm totally into it. His father would be proud.


Sigh, the artwork looks a LOT more muscular for Captain Carter, who is an alternate-universe character who got the Captain America super-serum injection. Did they think we wouldn't notice the figure needs more muscles?


Wow! A laser machine available right in the art store. A small amount of research is required to find the price, as they didn't want to scare anybody in the store with it. It's $1,200 without the needed $400 air filter. And it's only a 5 Watt laser. It's a little less impressive than the 60 Watt lasers that my friend has worked with in the past, but those machines are easily twenty-times that price. So it's a little impressive, still, that these are available.


Halloween pictures I forgot to post... Be our "Ghost"?! Um, what are you planning to do to me? I'm outta here!


I thought it was a bit of funny text on the top there that says "protect your cards with Elsa", on these card sleeves. Like she's personally protecting your cards, not the sleeves. Did I mention they came out with a new card game where they mix all the Disney characters?


You got deco space for a ski lift car? Seriously? It's only $1500. What a crazy thing to see in a store.


I had to get a picture of the insides. It's gotta little table in here. Cozy. Must be nice to live on a level where this is an option. Right now it feels a little silly.


One Piece merchandise from the Netflix version! Most of the figures and stuff is from the manga and anime versions. These things are very simple so they might work for both if you want them to. I'm just using this opportunity to plug the Netflix show again, it was amazing and if you haven't seen it, you should.


Some people find it frustrating that this family is only popular because... why? Oh, because they are popular. It doesn't make any sense at all, but there's gotta be some kind of skill that they are doing to keep themselves... popular. And you gotta respect that, even just a little.


Hahahahahahaha. Who wants to do MATH with their chocolate? Drat, I was really hoping to get a 88%, maybe 89. Like we are all chocolate snobs, science-measuring it. What?!


This guy was up on the lift painting the mall entrance and I saw the thing plugged in the wall right there. I briefly had a funny thought to unplug it and strand him. Hahaha daydreams. It's funny to think about those things but you'd never actually do them.


Odd that they would specifically name Salacious B. Crumb with the Xmas deco Star Wars figures, but it's a regular Protocol Droid and not C-3PO. Be careful, that Jawa is going to take all your milk and cookies, and probably a lot of your stuff, too.


I'm feeling this shirt. I survived, and know what this means. Awesome.


More merch from the Netflix version of One Piece. Small spoiler to see the wanted poster of Monkey D Luffy. By the time you see it on the show, you'll forget you saw it here. Buggy the Clown was a highlight of the show.


Cute book with comics of Thor and Loki as kids. I took a pic of random pages. So super wholesome.


Nobody notices that Santa is basically a criminal. It's okay, he gives us free stuff!


Eeeek! I guess I posted this picture too late to be of use to anybody. Maybe next season they'll do a similar thing.


They painted the front doors one day. Had to leave it open for a half hour to dry. That's not awkward at all. Good thing I was home at the time.


Not-Nerf guns from Stranger Things um.... things. Are those kids all grown up by now? Are they still doing another season? They kind of left it where they need to finish the story, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment