Monday, September 27, 2021

OBX21 - Shoppin

 There was more than a few shopping trips we went on while on vacation in the Outer Banks this year. I grabbed a few pictures each time and there wound up being a lot more than we thought! So enjoy some crazy things I saw.

I've never gotten the point of the "Property of" merchandise. Once you buy it, it's yours, right? Can some Outer Banks bureaucrat just take it away from you? Hey, it's property of Outer Banks, fool! You knew that when you bought it.


We went to get some alcohol stuff for my friends. Minty doesn't drink but I still like to browse around and get some fun pictures where ever I wind up. Saturday is a busy night because they can't sell alcohol in stores on Sundays.

It's funny that label says "gourmet vodka" like it's something to get excited about. Ohhhhh... gourmet! It is in the glass cabinet, too. And have a little sweet potato plushie, too. That's for your kid to play with while you get wasted. Or maybe you, once you get wasted.

We are in the Outer Banks and they still mis-spelled "Pirate". And that little character on the tag looks nothing like a typical pirate! Know your audience, people.

I always like seeing the glass skull bottles but I never pay attention if it's like, the same brand, or does a few places make a skull bottle? I always thought it was different brands but now I don't know. Every liquor store has a glass skull in it.

There was a big display of this Maker's Mark stuff, but I have no idea if that's a big deal or not. I'll get a picture just in case somebody might get excited for it.

Now that's how you do an Outer Banks theme! For those who don't know, this is the place the Wright Brothers flew the first airplane. They probably celebrated afterwards but that tag suggests you drink this... before the flight?


This might win the award for "coolest name": Devil's Sister. That just sounds like a cool mystery. Is she unexpectedly nice, or evil like her brother?


Do you think embroidered fancy bags help sell these? Is it too obvious to think, hey it comes in a fancy cloth bag, it MUST be fancy! But that's exactly what I'm thinking. They got me.


That bear/falcon logo looks super cool. That's all.


Do these bottles go around the store trying to eat the other bottles? They are zombies! Isn't that a silly thing to imagine? Grains! Grrrraaaaiiins!


I think there was a different reason I took a picture of this one, other than just "fanciest bottle" but I can't remember. Sure is a fancy bottle though.


This speaker was in the shape of a bottle. With DJ light things on the side. It was playing a country song, so not what you'd expect a light tower speaker would be playing.


I think of the word "twist" as like a deception, not like mixing. So what's the deal here? It says Sugar Free, but you actually paid for it!... what a twist!


Funny to say that this insulated bag is "hot as a pepper" but these are usually used to keep frozen stuff cold. But I guess it could work for hot stuff, too.


Who else thinks it's awesome that the Ghostbusters Cereal has marshmallows in it? If you don't know why, you probably also don't know... who you gunna call.


Snap, Crackle, and Pop are going to start speaking with British accents if they hang around with Peppa Pig a lot. We all laughed when we were going to all tell the same story about how American toddlers start speaking with the accent after watching this show.


I have a plushie friend we named Snax, so it was fun to see that name on a bottle. A long time ago, we picked him up in a claw machine at a rest stop where we stopped to get some snacks. Turns out we forgot to get actual food snacks, so we named him Snax because... we stopped to get him. And now he's got a beverage named after him.


Whoa that is a cool looking bottle. Can you still call it a bottle if it's not made out of glass?


I don't know why, but I feel like I've seen that artwork on the Hatteras Irish Red can somewhere before. Like maybe a Magic: The Gathering card, or on a puzzle... somewhere...


This label is all kinds of funny. Aside from the contrast of candy and jalapenos, you can see they have um... instructions. Put it in your mouth. Thanks, I was having a hard time figuring out what to do here.


Pet toy. So the next time you see your sleeping dog twitching in it's sleep... Quick! Wake it up! Before Freddy gets it!


I almost purchased this Minty-colored globe because it was so funny to me. The whole world is Minty! Maybe if I traveled more. Or... at all.


Is this blended-up cowboys? JK, I know it's not. That's silly.


Cinnadust? Is that anything like Cheetos dust? Oh, 'scuse me... it's called "Cheetle". And they don't sell cheetle in jars. Coincidentally, that was one of the ingredients we needed for cooking. We wound up using a blender on a bunch of Cheetos.


Hopefully you'll get as big a laugh as I did when I tell you I glanced over at these bags and for a split second thought I read it as "Poop Time".


The name is a warning. It's not a real earthquake, you are just wasted. What did you do last night? We survived an earthquake!


I'll post this picture for my friend, who shall remain anonymous. If this is Dale's Ale, do they have a matching Chip's Ale?

No comments:

Post a Comment