Thursday, March 24, 2022

Deep Roads

 Pictures! Although maybe you are here for the fun captions. Sometimes I wonder if I even need to put comments on these things. Feels like I'm "pony-splaining" things a little. That's the thing where you over-explain something. It's obvious what the meaning is, but you have to say it anyway, as if the person doesn't get the point. Some people find it really annoying. You see what I'm doing here? Over-explaining the concept of over-explaining things. I'll stop.

Stopped in traffic and get a chance to get a picture of the repair work on this old-school concrete road. Check out how thick that is! It's as deep as that paint can. They fill that in with modern road stuff, not more old concrete.




I don't really need to caption this picture of the morning commuter alert, the joke is plainy there. "F" those delays! Haha.


Environmental McFAIL! They re-built the McDonald's, and the new one doesn't have a drink machine in the lobby for customers to use themselves. So you have to ask for a refill. Which they give to you in a whole-new giant plastic cup. And... you get a paper straw. How many plastic straws do you think I could make out of this giant cup?


This one picture is here to tell the story about how the brake fluid system gave out at the McDonald's right after I took that last picture. Fortunately it's right across the street from the Mavis Tires that we've been to a few times, so we hobbled the car over there for a $700 repair. Ouch. Good props to Mavis for complementary Uber rides back to work, and the next day to pick up the car!


Who is that? Some kind of ...Ninja ...Moth ...Guy? Yeah whatever just put that on the package. He's just Ninja Moth Guy. Also, Gang O' Fries has got to be one of the craziest character designs I've seen in a long time.


There's just something I find funny about an "official" kickball. You can't kick a ball unless it's regulation-approved. Is there a whole kickball thing going on that I don't know about? Professional Kickball Leagues?


I'm a sucker for a "booster pack" of random junk, and I saw these and had to get a couple. Are you familiar with the Mini-Brands? They are super-small versions of stuff, this set was Disney Store merchandise! Which is more than a little (pun intended?) interesting since Disney just recently closed all of their  retail store locations everywhere.


Each sphere has five sections. Apparently it's more interesting and fun to have a bunch of presents to open. Obviously! Opening it is part of the "experience" let's prolong this as much as possible.


As you can see, it's a mix of a lot of Disney things. There's Marvel and Frozen and Toy Story. Each one of these has a real regular-sized toy that matches. I mean, regular-sized for you, these are sized perfectly for Minty. That golden phone is listed on the collector's sheet as extra-rare.


I don't know why I got two of these sets. I guess just better odds I'd get something cool. The tiny Iron Man figure is upside-down in the package! Busted! Also, I personally find it fun to have gotten a Minty-sized camera. Y'know... because I take pictures.


Yikes. Sometimes you'll be watching an old show and have to pause and think if it's okay to find something funny, like this The Simpsons background joke while walking through Chinatown. We all still chuckle during the Christmas Story movie's "Chinese Turkey" singing, right?


Laughed at this odd label. Melinda's XXXtra Hot Habanero Pepper Sauce. Yet it's only three out of five "flames"? Haha! What gets the five flames?! It's only one more flame than the Pizza Hot Sauce. I couldn't find one with more flames here.


Why does this fisher-price Uno remind me of fictional kids from the future? There was a Star Trek episode where a 10 year old kid was whining about "I don't want to learn calculus!" to the dad. Like, in the future babies are playing Uno already. And Nintendo Gameboys.


Another hilarious thing I saw. This guy's name is "D'Spayre" Hahaha! Yeah he's a gloomy creepy person who's name is obviously supposed to be "Despair" but they spelled it in a ridiculous way to be ...sneaky about it? Did they think they were being clever?


In case you didn't know... it's Shamrock Shake times! Hey, sometimes you're not paying attention, and you would have wanted someone to remind you of things like this. Get 'em through the end of March!


Cat puzzles with pictures from classic movies scenes. I almost picked these up on impulse, I have a few "cat" friends. But 300 is a small amount of pieces for them. Still, neat artwork.


Royal Perks from Spaceballs Burger King. Is the King from the planet Druidia? That's the same type of code an idiot would have on their luggage!


Oh snap! The back of this Lego package contains a mega spoiler! Of course, that movie made the most money out of any movie ever, so it's likely anybody who cares has already seen it.


This is a unicorn, not a pony, but still, pretty close to a Minty Lego minifigure, right?


Saw these earrings on top of the mail boxes in the apartment complex. It's nice that whoever found them left them here, but they've been there for a few weeks already. Perhaps... they were um, lost on purpose?


I try to avoid posting modern politics but I did get a good laugh when I saw this "Pelosi Clap" picture on this mug. I mean, there was a time when everybody would have seen this type of behavior and would have been shocked at how immature it was. Now there are the contrasting extremes where people will either cheer fanatically for this, or be driven mad with rage. Am I in the middle to find this just kind of funny?


Denim Rilakkuma! I can take a picture of a cute thing without having much to say about it. It's just cute. That's all.


I glanced at this sign and thought that "L" was a "C" which would mean something else entirely! Yowza! Is that other sign trying to be a Shamrock Shake sign? Who's making these signs? Happy Saint Patrick's Day!


This is Cal Kestis, a character created for a Star Wars video game. See his little droid there? That's BD-1 and a lot of fans are saying that droid was totally in the Book of Boba Fett episode 5, helping Mando as part of Peli Motto's repair crew. Even though the color scheme doesn't match exactly, and even if it's not the exact same droid, it still gives a little more concrete confirmation of the events of the video game. The Star Wars video games are typically ignored by the films, so it's awesome to just see anything that originated in a game.

No comments:

Post a Comment