Sunday, March 6, 2022

It's already been printed?

 Minty is here for your fun picture caption-ing enjoyment!

Busted! People Magazine with a seemingly huge blunder, as they published this cover after Betty White had sadly missed out on her 100th birthday by only a few weeks. How embarrassing for People Magazine. There is a happy thought here, because even though she is no longer with us, Betty White is still making us laugh!



I have a friend who really likes the Dia de los Muerte design style. Green Lantern Jessica Cruz has a Mexican-sounding name but I don't think they ever specified her Latino roots. I briefly read that Blue Beetle is from Texas. So... close enough for both of these. Right?


Seriously, Lego? Billy and Madison had been Lego City characters in other sets already. They now make a set that includes both of them, and inadvertently advertise the Adam Sandler movie Billy Madison. That comedy movie is about a slacker adult who is forced to go back and graduate elementary school. Quote from the movie: “Sometimes I feel like an idiot. But I am an idiot so it kinda works out.”


Everybody's seen A Christmas Story right? I glanced over at this and said to myself "It looks like a pink nightmare!"


SNOW! Just a little bit, for New Jersey.


It's still a little crazy how the water in the drainpipe seems to have instantly frozen in place. Is Elsa around here somewhere?


Lego has had weird Mario sets out for a few years now, and Sonic still out-races him to an actual minifigure-style set. I mean, if you ignore the Lego Dimensions game Sonic the Hedgehog set they had even before that. I guess what I'm trying to say is that Mario is slacking off about the Lego stuff, while it seems the character Sonic has always been a little more in-touch with what the fans want.


I forgot to post this enraging picture showing a live Xmas tree near the apartment dumpster. Of course live trees are a huge fire hazard and not allowed in apartments. Obviously, somebody doesn't know that.


I like how Wendy's got away with branding their shakes as a Frosty and it's like, not really a shake, it's a Frosty. Also it's not quite chocolate and not quite vanilla, either. The cereal version was okay, we got some to try out. Mostly it just made me want to get a real Frosty instead. Mission accomplished, cereal!


Am I driving behind a Mad Max car? What is that crusher thing going to crush? Not me, hopefully!


Re-watching some old The Simpsons episodes and come across this one about Snake Whacking Day. The supermodel starts it off by posing and saying "Gentleman, start your whacking!" and "grown-up" Minty gets the joke, and is a little shocked for... 1993. Eh, I guess it's all in good fun, don't be so sensitive, I tell myself.


I'm usually a sucker for collectable card games, but I saw this one and laughed and thought..... mmmmm.... nope! LOL indeed!


Y'know I've posted before about the cool Lego 2nd-hand stores we have in the malls around here, right? Well, it looks like the Walmarts were putting the recent The Eternals sets on clearance, but we were not able to find any in a Walmart to score a sale. I check the mall, and they have at least 9 of the big set! So I guess there is a disadvantage to having this type of store around after all. They must have diligently snatched up all the local sale priced sets. Bummer! ...for us, not them.


Oh. Wow. This little sticky bun short film from Pixar is possibly the saddest thing I've ever seen. That includes Toy Story 3. This sticky bun was sadder than that. I don't even want to look at this picture, why would they sell a figure of this bun? 


Why do I think the word "Whiff" associated with smelling bad things? Is it something about missing a baseball bat swing of some kind? In either case, I saw the name of these new figures and laughed at Whiffies.


Oh no! Who would want a Grogu pinata!? You have to smash that with a stick, you know that, right? Moff Gideon is going to buy a couple of these, but I don't know who else would possibly think of hurting little Grogu. Hmm... maybe that one Biker Scout guy, too.


Hmm.. Blind box figures for a card game I like, Unstable Unicorns. These figures are $10 each, and I might not get the one I want. Also, the actual card game itself is only $10. And that includes all the cards, not just one random one. In a way, a random figure is very similar to drawing a random card in the game. But $10? Neigh!


Spoiler alert? This shirt for The Squid Game kind of spoils a little suspense for those people who have not yet seen the series, but not enough to ruin the experience. People who have seen it will get a nice smile from these simple graphics.


The series Hercules: The Legendary Journeys is, what kids say these days, a comfy show. It's just overwhelming with wholesome goodness and simple bad guys getting what they deserve. You're guaranteed to leave with a smile.


Anybody else watch the Peacemaker series on HBO Max? A kind of follow-up on his character from the recent The Suicide Squad movie. He was not exactly a good guy in that movie but his series is a ton of fun. And I need to mention... NOT for kids! Who else finds it odd that they are making super hero stuff, and it's not for kids? Isn't that the whole point of super hero stuff?


Who has time to build the car from Supernatural? Dean would have the time. I notice the package doesn't use the name "Baby" anywhere. But the decal sheet has the demon trap that would be on the top of the trunk, so that's a neat detail to include.


Watching the Olympics and I see all these guys with goggles on and think... a lot of them kinda looks like a Transformer. This is snowboarder Kaishu Kirano if anybody was curious.


Wendy's with a new Hot Honey sandwich. There's a place called MOD Pizza in Virginia, and they have hot honey as a topping, and that was super awesome. So we were excited to try a Wendy's sandwich with it.


Oh yeah. Just as we expected, it was awesome. The Wendy's Hot Honey sandwich also had some kind of fried pickles, too! This might be my new favorite lunch thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment