Sunday, February 18, 2024

Big Discount

 Hi! Welcome back! Or just Welcome!, In case this is your first time here.

What a punch in the gut, if you bought this massive plush Dale The Dino when it first came out. Originally priced at $700, it's now only $350! AND, it looks like if you had some kind of coupon, you'd save another $87.50. You might still think that $262.50 is a lot, but that's a whole lot better than $700. There's still a sign next to it, encouraging you to take a selfie with it. So the advertising for them is free. Hey, it worked on me!




Monopoly and Scrabble... at the SAME TIME!? I think my head just exploded. Who wants to think that much? Too much thinking!


I laughed at this Barbie POP Reveal packaging that looked like a juice box, complete with a plastic straw to jam into the top of it. I hope whatever is inside, doesn't get wrecked by the stabbing!


The Raising Cane's is far enough away, past a toll road, that I still feel obligated to get a picture of the tasty meal every time I go. I mean, it doesn't stop me from going... Have you had this yet? It's delicious!


That one figure of the bad guy from Indiana Jones is totally worth it, because he's the guy that chose... poorly. He even comes with the poorly-chosen cup! Awesome.


Poor Boo-Berry looks tired. Is that some kind of knock on waking up to eat breakfast? And did anybody notice his hat? What an oddly-designed character, if you stop to consider that kind of thing.


I could use dozens of quotes for this picture, each one of these characters had great lines from The Princess Bride. This is a classic movie that every kid should see.


My friend laughed a lot when he saw this. Seriously? This has got to bother somebody. Not us, but the fact that it's surely going to be furious for some other type of perfectionist to look at. I mean, hopefully not, but it's funny, right?


This reminded my friend of that one scene from that Austin Powers movie. But like, the Pixar Cars version of that scene.


Oh my... What a blunder. Imagine the conversation... "The guy on the phone said ARNOLD Bread... NO! It was just ARNOL... no D! Argh! Okay okay, rather than re-paint the whole truck, we'll just put white-out over the D's?" D'oh! Just so you know, this picture looks like it's photo-edited, but there really were white squares covering up the D's on that truck.


Did I get this picture last year? How is the Grinch stealing Kisses, again? Did nobody point out how inappropriate that is? That's way worse than just stealing!


Does anybody care that McDonald's gave me an extra cup, and I filled it up on the way out? They gave me a cup when I ordered, and another one when they brought the meal out to my table, now that they do the number-plaque thing. Re-fills are free, but my friend got a little guilty feeling. He's such a goodie-goodie. Free refills, dude!


Lego makes a set for the Young Jedi Adventures TV Show with the ship that the little kids fly on. This one mysteriously removes the guns on the turret on top where that dome is, but still has the guns in the front. Did I mention before that a 10-year-old girl flys it? All by herself! And yes, they do shoot the cannons at other 10-year-old pirates. Welcome to Star Wars!


If you think Lego is super expensive, you're not wrong. But they still have some sets that would surprise you with a better deal. Two awesome cars for only $20.


Check out that car's rear wiper blade! It's Buddy the elf from the movie um.... Elf! If it was raining, it would look like he's waving at you, that's his favorite thing!


Are we past this yet? Like, the concept of nuggets is not a new thing anymore. This tacky promo light at this drive thru gave us a laugh. Sorry I forgot where this was. Wendy's, maybe?


My friend laughed when he thought this figure was backwards in the package. Due to the fact that they seemed to show Hera Syndulla um... from behind... so much in the Ahsoka series. You almost don't know who this is looking at her from the front.


My friend's laughable "salad" from the all you can eat salad bar. It's lettuce, black olives, cheese, and a whomping portion of thousand island dressing. Yes, technically it's a salad, but no way is this a more-healthy option. You can tell it's not good for you because it's sooooo tasty?


When your Xmas gift is a meal at a restaurant, you get the FULL rack of ribs! For the record, we tried to be nice and only get the half, but they insisted we get the full rack. Thanks! It's been a while since we've had some baby back ribs and these at Ruby Tuesday were amazing.


Someone had a 09 Birthday! Ooops, I think that napkin might be upside-down. It might have been a 60. Meh, they act about the same at both of those ages.


The hobby shop had a car that was from the Mr. Bean TV show. Reminding me what a funny show that is and maybe I should seek it out to watch some of that again.


Hahahaha Dice Jail. Like, it's not YOUR fault you rolled a low number. Why does the dice have to pay for your bad rolls? This could qualify to be a crybaby crib, too.


Wow. A lot of those inspirational saying things are kind of eye-rolling, but for some reason this one hit me. I want someone to sit with in the dark, sometimes.


Bigfoot gets his own merch? Where do they send the royalty checks? Do they hide them in the woods and assume Bigfoot will find them?


Yikes. It was played for laughs in the episode, but Riker had to... do stuff... to escape from that alien hospital he was trapped in. And here's an action figure to remind you about it!


Kotobukiya Bishoujo statue of an anime-style adorable Vulcan science officer, from the original Star Trek series. It is not logical to be happy about this, but I am grateful it exists.


Remember when McDonald's had people to take your order? Here's the McDonald's of "today." They so much expect you to use the gross touch screens to place your own order, that people don't even run the registers anymore. You have to stand here like an idiot for several minutes before they notice you, and tell you "just one minute" and you watch them do a bunch of stuff.... then they finally come over to take your order. Busted!


This looks like so much fun! At the hardware store, are they really going to let me grab some screws and gun them into this piece of wood? Neat! I'm so excited! Grab a screw, grab the gun,.... battery is dead. On both of them. Awwwwwwwww.... whamp-whaaaa..... 


Here's another funny bit. Visiting the parent's house, my friend grabs some chocolate chip cookies, and thinks about putting some ice cream over them. Yum! What kind of ice cream is in the freezer? D'oh! It's already Chips Ahoy Chocolate Chip Cookie ice cream! Hahahaha.


Well, if I busted McDonald's, I gotta bust Taco Bell even harder. Taco Bell would not even TAKE my order. That register is only for call-ahead orders. I was FORCED to use the gross touch screens. There was NO other option. They did offer to "help me use the touch screens" but not actually run out there to take my order themselves. So, do I work for Taco Bell now? I took my own order, where's my employee discount?


So here's the part where I bite my tongue and suck it up. I'll also bite my tongue here, and not rant about this on my blog. That would also be pointless.

No comments:

Post a Comment