Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Minty Season

 Hey y'all. More pictures with fun comments.

It would have been so much trouble to drive closer to that sign in the Chic Fil-A parking lot, those things are a nightmare! But it says "Tis the season to be Minty!" There's water spots on the windshield, too. Hey, I got the picture. Don't I get points for effort?




Busted! Salisbury, Maryland sign only has the letters SBY. That's all the giant letters they can afford. I suppose you can ridicule them for it, but think about it; does your city have any big letters, at all? At least they have the three.


Another rainy picture that you can't see that well. My friend was getting gas, and I look up to see the rain pouring like mad out of this crack. That's safe, right? This thing won't come crashing down any second, right?


Wheee! Giant ribbon Xmas deco. Gotta get a picture of that. Those people wouldn't move, so they get to be in the picture. I'll bust the guy; he's holding Lego Store bags! Xmas presents for himself, no doubt.


I can't be too hard on that guy, we were also there to visit the brand-new Lego Store in Virginia Beach! All the locals are thinking... ABOUT TIME!


A Lego brick, made out of Lego bricks. So "meta." Did you notice before that every Lego brick has the word "LEGO" on it somewhere? Sometimes ALL over it.


Hmm.. Here's an updated build-your-own minifigure station. I'm not thrilled by the re-design, as it forces adults to... humiliate themselves, by leaning over awkwardly to use it. Almost like Lego is insulting you: hey, you're NOT a kid. These are for the KIDS. Look at that guy standing next to it, it's super low to the ground.


The Pick-A-Brick wall is smaller, almost hidden, in the side of the store. It used to be much more visible, but maybe it's not as profitable, and deserves to be not as much of a visual draw? I don't have any metrics on that, just a guess.


Another odd thing, the town call-out is in the hallway leading to the back room, off to the side. You have to look into this corner that you're probably not supposed to go in. Um, thanks? We're glad you're here, I suppose. You sure don't seem excited about it, Store.


Taco Tuesday! My friend's home cooking. It's all low-carb ingredients, even the chips. Normally you'd think it's not as good because it's more healthy, but it's just the opposite. It's a lot more tasty AND better for you!


After all the advertising last year said "Farewell Tour" for the McRib, to the surprise of NOBODY, it's back. To be fair, they didn't fool me for a single nanosecond. It was always going to be back.


McRib... Chomp!


Hey! I dig horses, too! I can't help feeling bad for these horses, trapped in the rocks. Seems cruel.


Hobbytown always has a fresh mix of art models and stuff that's not found at the other usual spots. Here's an anime girl with some kind of mecha panda bear hammer. What's that from? Who cares, it's cool!


Toilet robots? You think you have a crap job? People just piss all over them. They have to deal with crap all day!


Much better than dead frogs. If I want to buy a frog, it's going to be alive for sure.


Road Rage is such a cool name for a Transformer, but this guy is an Autobot? Wouldn't that name be much more appropriate for a villain? He gets a lot of bonus points for being a classic cobra-hooded Corvette. Is that the best car, ever?


I feel the need! The need... for speed! And this Transformers Maverick crossover from Top Gun. It's like collectable math: Transformer = cool, Top Gun = Cool, Transformers and Top Gun? It's not added, it's multiplied! Exponentially cool! Hahaha I just made it less cool by doing "math". Sorry.


Thanksgiving! Lots of turkey. I guess this picture was from a while ago, but I'll still post it. Who doesn't like turkey?


Here's a funny story. My friend is doing the low-carb diet, so he goes to take all the extra broccoli home. He pauses and takes it all, then tells everybody he almost asked "Hey is it cool if I take home all the broccoli?" as if anybody would respond with "yeah I was going to take home some BROCCOLI" Hahaha of course nobody else want to take home any broccoli. And we all get a good laugh about it.


I feel a little tricked by the Good Burger 2 combo meal at Arby's. It's just the regular Wagyu Burger combo with a sticker on it. Nothing changed at all about the burger. How creative. At least the strawberry shake was good.


Checking out my friend's new massive TV. I forgot which service ap this was, but they have a JCVD section! That's Jean-Claude Van Damme if you needed me to tell you. Now who wants to go home, and who wants to go WITH ME!


Yum. Cracker Barrel. It's always fun to get Sunday Homestyle Chicken on a day that's not Sunday.


You can't see in this picture, but the back part of this unicorn is clear with swirling glitter inside it. I gotta say; ouch. I know they wanted it to look magical or whatever, but it seriously looked painful to me, instead.


Virginia Beach Antiques Mall. This giant red shoe, probably from a McDonald's promo of some kind, was taking up way too much floor space. Somebody had the brilliant idea of hanging it on the ceiling! I spent a minute trying to think of a "other shoe dropping" joke, but I couldn't figure it out.


Here's a neat-looking Mega Bloks alien ship of some kind. This thing looks huge! It's still a little amazing that other companies "get away with" totally ripping off Lego bricks. Even if it's cool they would work together if you wanted them to. Like, if you wanted your G. I. Joes to fly your Star Wars ships. But this is different, how?


Clever plaque reads: Please don't summon demons in the bathroom. This was in the spooky occult section, so it's even more clever there.


Horror movie icons, life-sized! Should I be running away? Probably.


How far have we come? Check out this old television set. So retro! It's like a work of art at this point.


Hey! It's Robin Hood from the Once Upon a Time TV series! The only reason I point it out is because we did the autograph meeting at a convention a long time ago, so I kinda met this guy, the actor. Like most TV Shows these days, when it was on, the show was the best thing ever, and here only a few years later, it's hard to remember why we were so excited about it. It seems like such a chore to watch it again, but I do remember it was a good show.


This is funny but also... yikes. Is Superman... Jesus? Nah, they are just trying to be funny, don't read into it that much. Get the joke and move on.


I had just watched the Loki episode in season 2, where Sylvie goes into the music store and sits on the couch, and listens to music as the world unravels around her in slow-motion. And the Antique Mall has a room almost just like it! Here I am re-creating the scene! Trippy!


My friend is almost literally punched in the face with the nostalgia of these embroidery stockings from Lillian Vernon, where he worked so long ago. If you look closely, you can see the name stitches have been trimmed off! 


Always a bit of cheeky fun to get a picture of an old camera. With a new camera. You get it, right? This camera looks OLD!


I don't think YIKES is a big enough word here. Super-YIKES?

No comments:

Post a Comment