Saturday, February 10, 2024

Pictures at Steak

 Back again with some tasty pictures and comments.

Texas Roadhouse has great steaks but let's also remember that the baked potatoes are amazing, too. This might be the 100th picture I've taken of a meal from there. Maybe not, but it feels like it. Am I that annoying pony who always post pictures of their meals? Sorry?




Pulled into the gas station and heard a glassy crunch as we parked. Argh! Isn't that the worst! My tire is probably okay right? It was, but there were a few days we were worried it was slow-leaking or something.


Here's a POP! Figure to remind us about this odd plot point in the The Marvels movie. Did they pull a "Game of Thrones" on Captain Marvel? They married her off to a space prince for "political purposes" wink, wink, yet they make NO effort to clarify if that required any kind of um, how do I put this gently? You know... Game-of-Thrones-ing. You think there's a deleted scene they should have not-deleted that might have cleared that up?


It's fun to notice how awesome the Snoopy Sno-Cone machine is, and also fun to notice that nobody would know what this is without Snoopy being part of it.


Smug Ahsoka with her arms crossed is a screencap from every episode of her series. That was her default pose. Also, How can they have a picture of Luke Skywalker with Grogu in a backpack (look! that's the picture they chose for the package!) and NOT include a Grogu in a backpack?! Booooooo! There must have been some other pictures they could have used, if they didn't want to include a Grogu.


Yikes! Good luck collecting all the Crayola colors in POP! Figures. How many Crayola colors are there? Google says 133, but I think it might be more.


DUDE! It's the Surfer Boy Pizza Van from Stranger Things! It was a Transformer the whole time! Why didn't it transform and help them out?


As a fan of both things, I picked it up. The packaging is part of the cool-ness, it's a pizza box complete with printed grease stains on the lid of the box! So much detail for a box! You might be able to see, in the front part there is a shape you can punch out which makes the pizza box-solid glasses that Eleven wears to block out the light! We didn't punch it out though.


The van is wrapped in a sketch map from the show! This thing is full of great toy design. You can see it's name is Code Red which refers to Eleven's nose bleeds when she over-uses her powers.


Closeup on the van, and you can see the pizza is pineapple and jalapeno. I can't say I've ever had that particular combo of toppings. It doesn't sound like it would be good; was that a joke for the show, or is it really something I should try?


Here he is, robot mode. For a Transformer, this guy is pretty tight. Sometimes the engineering is awkward and difficult, but this guy clicks into place pretty smoothly. Check it out, one of the weapons is a energy bat with spikes nailed into it.


Star Ward Galaxy's Edge merch, in a Go! Calendar Store? Where am I? Wouldn't I need to go to Disney World to get some Galaxy's Edge stuff? Why isn't this regular-Star Wars instead?


New for 2023? It took Hot Wheels this long to make a classic double-decker bus? Slackers! Haha they named it Trouble Decker.


I tried to get a top picture of this so you could see the pink pokeball this figure comes with. It's the Love Ball.... huhuhuh yeah it's crude humor, but Nintendo named it. Catch those Pokemon with your Love Balls huhuhuh.


Why would James Caan autograph a picture from Elf? He famously says he hated that movie, he felt swindled into being included in it, and is furious that everybody loves this garbage fluff movie he's associated with, and that's all they know him for. That's the story, right? Am I remembering that correctly? Sorry if that's not right, maybe I should fact-check myself before I spread some stories. But I could have sworn I heard that James Caan hates Elf, somewhere.


Another funny plaque that, upon reflection, is a little sad. Who do I feel sad-der for here? The wife or the husband?


They really nailed the best flavors for cotton candy, you think? Do I need the machine, or can I just have some of this somehow? 


If I go to a house and see shotgun shells hanging on the Xmas Tree, I think I'll make some excuse and get the heck out of there. Yowza.


I'm not sure what to think about this one. Notice it's Skipper instead of Barbie, who works at Target. I think, if "I" worked at Target, this might be a little insulting, that Barbie is "too good" to work there, and it has to be little Skipper instead. Is Skipper even old enough to get a job? They want Barbie to be an astronaut and President of America, but she can't also work at Target? Sorry Mattel, I give this a "Fail!" you should be ashamed.


Super cool fog on the lake! I was lucky to have had the quickness to grab a picture while at this stoplight. Sometimes I see cool things while driving but can't get a picture of it.


Slackers! They forgot to paint the one on the right! Um... let's put a "platinum edition" sticker on the box! Boom! Problem solved!


Don't they un-cancel Futurama every other year or so? How many times has that show come back? It's a little irresponsible to make a "complete series" box set for it.


I have a few friends who are cat people. I don't think I've ever seen any of them dress up their cats, though. I have smart friends.


Is this Fortnite character going to help me save on home and auto insurance? Her name is Bundles...


My friend cracked up at this son of a bitch, traitorous, awful plushie. Thier kind is always like that! What do you mean? Can't you tell? It's white on the right side! I'm white on the left side! Hahahaha! That's the bit from the classic Star Trek episode Let That Be Your Last Battlefield, where the two guys fighting were super racist but both half black/half white just like this plushie cat. It was a great sci-fi twist to point out how silly racism is. They went most of the whole episode before the explained why the characters hated eachother, and it was a dumb reason. Brilliant.


This was one of the most epic scenes in anything I've seen in a long time. Sooooo good. A little sad they didn't pay the extra money to use the Running Up That Hill from Kate Bush song title and it just says "Max's Song". More booos for the toy people. Pay the money, run up that hill.


There are some things that just should refuse to cross-over. The very theme of the Avatar movies would indicate NOT Monopoly. Did they even watch the movies? So when you WIN at Monopoly, you actually LOSE at Avatar? Or is the point to lose? Are you playing the villain? This whole concept is flawed.


Another awkward toy fail, Mattel owns both Hot Wheels AND Monster High. Monster High came out in 2010-ish. This tells us clearly that nobody at Mattel talks to eachother in the break room. You'd think that somebody at some point would have made this connection before 2024.


Hey! Let's put it in the packaging of a figure! Um... that will help sell our underwear, right?


This looks like the type of joke name you'd see in a The Simpsons episode. My friend got a solid laugh-out-loud when he saw Me'eat. I'm sorry Me'eat people, it funny, that can't be surprising to you, can it?

No comments:

Post a Comment