Friday, November 26, 2021

Forbidden Pictures

 Another bunch of random pictures while out shopping and stuff. Hope you don't mind the boring intro, I'm sure there's something here you'll find funny or interesting.

How can they sell it, if it's "forbidden"? It's been a long time since I've taken any kind of grammar class, but surely this type of word mis-use has a term for it. I want to say "snarky" but I know that's not right.



That POP! Figure of Mando and Grogu is the perfect summary of the entire The Mandalorian series. There's a similar figure with someone else holding Grogu, but I won't spoil who that is. If you've seen the show, you know who.


How long ago did I take this picture, when I saw the newest Venom movie? There's nothing really to spoil about the movie. You know the bit on the commercial where Venom is screaming off to the side with lots of tentacles coming off of his back? And then Carnage screams back, also with an overwhelming amount of tentacles? That's the whole movie. It's like an hour of that.


Sometimes you have to stop and appreciate the "art" of a movie poster. This one assumes you've seen The Matrix already, as the movie title is nowhere to be seen at all. Would it be funny if you needed to take a red pill before you could see the movie?


This spotted lantern fly snuck into the pizza place we go for lunch. I sat on the window to maybe get a picture of it crawling on me, but it carefully walked back and forth around me several times instead. The news reporters said we should squish as many of these as we can, since they are an ecological menace, but I always leave them alone.


Went to the Chic-fil-A for lunch. It's finally re-opened the inside dining area so there's less of a traffic nightmare around the building. Was I supposed to get a blue cookie with my order?


Ditto is the pokemon who is just a happy purple blob. If you've ever played a Pokemon game, you know why he's happy. You know.


I saw this anime pendant at a Barnes and Noble, and wondered where it was from. Should I recognize it? I managed to look it up and it was from a movie I have not seen. So that was a fun mystery for a hot minute. Do you recognize it? Should I tell you where it's from or do you want to look it up yourself?


What's with the red, white, and blue Samus on the new Metroid game? 'Merica! Surely nothing to do with the fact that Samus has a gun literally attached right on her arm.


Marvel's What If...? series told stories about alternate realities where things happened a little different than what we know. It's coincidence that Lego made a set out of something the show planned to do, but then wound up not actually producing that specific episode. So we now have a totally legit "What If...?" paradox of a Lego set that is from an alternate reality. Whoa!


It's a classic comic book thing to name characters with clever words, but when they make a show about time travel and alternate realities, and the guy's name is "Moebius" it just seems silly. Would we rather he be named Timey McTimetraveller?


Bo-Katan Kryze is a character with a fun story of sorts. When she was first seen, it was in The Clone Wars cartoon series, voiced by Katee Sachoff who was then hot out of her run as Starbuck in Battlestar Galactica, it's that thing when they cast big name stars to do special voice roles. Well, here it is, years later, and they include the character in the live-action The Mandalorian TV series. Guess who they use as the live-action version? Actual Katee Sachoff! Cool on so many levels.


We lucked out and found the "chase" version without the helmet on, and thought it was funny that the barcode scanner in Target showed the picture with the helmet. The story is much better if you can see her without the helmet, right? I'll take this moment to acknowledge the awesomeness of the new Target price scanners, while Walmart mysteriously ...removed them ALL from their stores.


Remember a few years ago, there was a controversial Peloton commercial where the husband got the wife an exercise bike for Xmas, and everybody thought is was a bizarre body-shaming thing? Well... now you can do that for your kids, too! Extra funny it's called a Pelican instead of Peloton.


I'm not going to get into the politics and controversy here, I just want to point out the ridiculous word "indigenous" and that's like, maybe the thing people are thrown off by. Not the definition of the word or anything, just the awkward way it sounds, and how nobody ever uses that word in any other conversations, ever.


This is the type of thing that looks funny at first glance, and maybe it is funny for being so "clever". But honestly it's a little sad, too. Be careful who you get this for, even if it's going to be for yourself.


Ohhhhh.... my. If there was anything to prevent you from the urge to snack, this is it. The most foul and evil idea for a chip bag clip ever. Also outrageous was this set of four had a price tag of $20! But if you think about it, that's not too bad as far as diet plans go. Also, prepare to get your chips smashed to crumbs by the shoe of somebody who thought it was a real bug.


I don't know what to think about this new Monopoly set based around Covid stay-at-home protocols. Is it funny? NOT funny? Terrifying? Just ...silly? Maybe a little bit of "All of the above".


You can check out the board and stuff from the back of the package. Where's the vaccine card so you can escape having to play this at all?


This is a pretty good example of POP! Figure collecting. I've not seen the Hamilton phenomenon yet, so I have zero interest in these. But something tells me that after I see it, I might just be excited here.


Metal dinosaurs, with wings. That's like mathematical calculations for some sort of maximum-coolness equation. Yep, the math checks out. These things are super cool.


Remember when Porgs were a thing? Was that before the movie actually came out? I can't remember exactly when the Porg overload happened.


This is just some clever idea that struck me as worth taking a picture of. Good job, art person who came up with this.


When they re-painted my bathroom a while ago, they chipped the floor of the tub. Many years ago, when they also tore a hole in the ceiling, and also chipped the tub, they re-surfaced the entire tub. This time they told me they would just paint over the little chipped spot.


Well... I guess you can't really see it, unless you look really closely. I'm worried that after I clean this a few times, it will un-cover the chip spot again. But I guess I shouldn't worry about that until it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment