Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Flea Market Stop

 I brought you some presents! They're pictures from the flea market, with fun comments!

But first, one quick Xmas clearance item says it all. Stop. Okay, I'll let you know the word "here" is on the bottom of that sign. But this looks so much more funny with it covered up.



Swords at the flea market. Recognize any of them? Who's got the time to look this up? Eh... if you feel like it.


Yep. We're at a flea market. By the way, they sold this kind of stuff, at flea markets, before it was legal. So it's still a little funny to see it, but not as much as it used to be. Can you really breath while wearing that?


I DO recognize this sword. It's Excalubur from the Fate series. Oddly enough, in the series Artoria keeps the sword invisible, so nobody would recognize it, and thus figure out who she really is.


This reminds me when I went to the flea market. It was the week before the Super Bowl, and the nearby Eagles had won their way into it. 


While I did see the dollar Pokemon packs, I later overheard a shopkeeper talking to a mother about selling the cards her son just opened. That guy claimed these dollar packs were not "real" Pokemon cards and only exist so that kids can rip them open and get cool cards. Welcome to the flea market!


Am I horrified by this? A little? I mean, it's a table full of large, REAL, bones. For dogs to chew on. I think.


I got to the flea market a little earlier than I usually do, so there was a lot more tables outside. Still, I could have been earlier. This was a little but before lunchtime.


Disney pins! I usually pick up a couple when I go to the parks, so I have a few. I'm not sure how I feel about getting them at a place like this. Maybe if they had some that looked really cool?


Seeing the characters from Toy Story on a table at a flea market, are they in the middle of a new adventure? Am I going to be in the new Toy Story movie?!


Random bin of Lego minifigures. Zoom in and see if there are any in there you'd like. That's the flea market experience!


What would a female dog need with a belt buckle that big? Random knives in that other bin over there. Hahaha, yeah... flea market.


I have a friend who is a fan of Friendly's, so I got a picture of this truck for them. Enjoy Friendly's, friend!


I'm certain these gold Pokemon cards are not "real". That one says Frog Flower and has 147820 HP! Might be fun to get as a novelty. To have some super-fake cards.


No idea if these characters are from something, but they looked weird enough to get a picture of. Kind of cute.


Hey, it's Playmobil! I often wonder why we don't see more Playmobil stuff in stores. It puts off a very "Lego" kind of vibe, even though it's not really much like Lego.


Three NEW Star Trek stories with the original crew, on a vinyl record? This is from 1975. Set phasers to STUN. Looking at this picture, I have to think WHY did we not pick this up? We don't have a record player, but they sell those in stores now. Would that have been worth it?


Adorable bunny jar. For cookies or whatever.


Ouch. Somebody earned that championship belt, and here it is at a flea market. Is it only worth anything if you earn it? I suppose you could hang it in your house and never speak of it. It would imply that you earned it, but you never have to say you bought it at a flea market.


Funny to see bolt cutters. Totally NOT for burglar-ing. 


I often forget to take pictures like this, to illustrate the expanse of the flea market. This is the Columbus Flea Market, which is not quite as huge as the Englishtown one, but still, very very big.


It's-a-me! Minty! Check out those crazy wings around the mint-swirls cutie mark. Always like seeing myself at the flea market.


An old Atari 2600! Can the new TVs connect to this? I think they still have the screw-type antenna things, do they?


They DID have Washington Commanders merch in the sports place! There was also old-name stuff there still, too. I'll say it again, I do like the "W" art, but I'm not sure about the "Commanders". It's not like they are going to change it, so we might as well get used to it.


Part of the reason we got there early was to have lunch at the Amish restaurant place. But... we forgot it was Sunday, so they were home resting. D'oh! The Amish candy shop was also closed.


Yikes! This sounds funny but I'm not fully comfortable posting this picture. So please don't take it too seriously.


Nice to see Rumble Roses XX in the "rare, expensive" part of the video game store. It was an all-women wrestling game from 2004, well before the modern era of sensibilities. Not only did each character have a "finishing move" they could also do a "humiliation move" which... well you can tell just by the name of it, would not be included in a game made today. They would instead have "mental health counseling moves".


Not one, but two, different, Playmobil Back to the Future Advent Calendars! That's heavy! 


Hilarious! This robot Maximillian from The Black Hole movie shows how not everything will translate into a POP! Figure. It looks ridiculous!


A long time ago, we picked up a quarter off the ground, and vowed to put it in the gumball machine at the flea market. We finally got around to doing that, and wound up with this ultra-pink one. You can't tell from this picture, but it's REALLY PINK. Like, if you took all of the pink in the world, and crammed it into a tiny sphere, it would be this. Pretty sure it's glowing, from inside somehow, from all of the pink.


Ironically, since the Amish place was closed, we ate lunch at the nearby Arby's. We usually go to the Arby's first, and then get to the flea market late. But we got to the flea market early this time, yet still ate at the Arby's. D'oh! Nothing wrong with Arby's, both that and the flea market are kind of far away from us. So if you are going to one, you might as well go to the other one, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment