Saturday, January 29, 2022

More Trip Stuff

 More pictures we took from our trip to Virginia during our Xmas vacation. This is more like normal whatever pictures we usually get, but this time they are from Virginia, if that makes any difference.

I don't remember specifically the Seinfeld episode, but I do remember this scene with the Tweety Pez was super funny. I'll have to hunt for it and watch it again to see if I'm remembering it correctly.




Giant Mech at the Hobby Town USA store. Normally I'd see this type of thing at the Toy Fair, but nice to see in a real store for everybody's enjoyment. 


I don't think they ever once called this ship a Thunder Fighter on the Buck Rogers in the 25th Century show. But those model makers love accuracy, so I'm sure that's what it's supposed to be, if they put it on the plaque in the display case.


Models of the Wacky Races cars! The one thing everyone remembers about this show is how the dog hiss-laughs, right? I know you're doing it in your head right now. I did, too.


Who is Hodgins? Why is there a Ghostbuster uniform with that name on it? Should we call and ask? Um... Who you gunna call?


Walking around the Antique Mall and see this ship that says Buck Rogers on it. It's close to a Draconian Marauder ship, but not really. It's funny that they had to put the show name on stickers all over it, to make sure you knew what it was from. Could you imagine them putting "Star Wars" stickers on X-Wing toys? Hahaha.


Campbell Soup has merch? Sure, I guess. Soup kids. They looked like they were in great condition, how long ago was this?


There was a little section with this board game Pawperties, and various matching merchandise bits to go with it. Little tags and pins of the various adorable cat characters. I meant to look it up to see if it would be worth picking up later. Because I have some friends who are very much "cat people", and this just might be... up their alley?


Walking around the mall, I see this Build-a-Bear Grogu, and... gotta show everybody that! It was still Xmas shopping season at the time, if you need the outfit explained.


Peeked in the store and saw something else I had to share. Looks like there's some Animal Crossing characters at Build-a-Bear, too. It works so well because part of the game is getting new outfits for your characters to wear. Although, ironically, none of these particular characters actually change their outfits in the game.


Am I in Fortnite? It says Minty Legends pack! Haha! I have to do a little silly dance now, right?


Those Batman figures were way up there on the top shelf, so I couldn't get a better look at them, but they all have animal names, so the animal figures were a clever idea.


Ridiculous anime armor to-the-max. So much mech suit everywhere except... her tummy? Is she hot? I mean literally, not subjectively. Also, it looks like she's holding that lance in her regular hands, you think there'd be a mech suit part for holding a heavy lance?


Checked out the side of the box to see if there were indeed armor pieces that covered her and... nope. Those engines are huge so it probably is just really hot, and maybe she's moving around too fast to hit anyway.


This is a model train store, not an actual train station. Similar to Subway restaurants, I guess. Those are not actual subway stations, either.


Seeing a giant train display is a little inspiring. Kind of makes you want to do one yourself. But this type of thing requires a basement, or spare room, or some other type of large space we don't have.


Wizard of Oz train car! Haha is the track made of yellow bricks? Dorothy should have just taken the train to the Emerald City! Also... cigarettes. I guess if that's your thing, I'm not going to judge. Hopefully there's a medical car around here somewhere, too.


We overheard some other people in the store laughing loudly about a Barbie on a toilet in the display, so once they moved on we snuck over to get a picture of it. Huh huh... toilet humor.


This 1950's Japanese tin robot looked awesome. I think I remember this thing being here the last time I was in town and visited this shop. Either way, I'm going to get a picture of it. Domo arigato, Mister Roboto!


Look at how small these people are! There's different scales of trains, these are "N Scale" sized. This particular guy is holding a camera and taking a picture, just like we are doing!


I couldn't get them all in the picture, but up there are train cars with the 12 Days of Christmas things on each car. So you can have the whole song if you want. That's some clever merchandising; selling you not just one, but twelve cars to complete the set.


I am on camera! Whoa! Sometimes I make myself laugh.


Saw this at an Ollie's store, it was late December when I took this picture. So this is either really early for next Easter... or really late for last year's Easter. Also, that poor bunny is not much of a hero, since we know her fate... yikes! That's dark!


You can probably skip the actual pet, and just get a book about how crazy it is to have such a pet. Who really wants a pet... skunk?! Seriously?


I thought New York was trying to get rid of the horse carriage rides. Something about the horses next to cars or something. Looks like you can get horse carriage rides in Virginia Beach now? And they're free?!! In NYC they cost like a hundred dollars! What is going on here?


Pembroke Mall was not very crowded and I almost set myself down in the middle of that giant photo-op spot to get a more-silly picture, but I was too lazy to do it. Looking back at this picture I thought; yeah I shoulda went for it. It would have been a much more funny picture.


So um... Spider-Man only? Get it? Peter Parker?


These little refrigerator magnets were hilarious, at first... and then, they get kinda scary. Like a Ha-ha.... oh, yikes. Still, pretty funny if you're not serious about it.


Aside from the cruelty of the intended purpose of shooting bugs, did anybody watch the TV show Supernatural? The hunters on the show would put salt across doorways and windows to keep out ghosts, and they also had shotguns loaded with special salt rounds to blast any ghosts they encountered. And here it is, in real life! An actual salt shotgun! DEAN! SAM!

No comments:

Post a Comment