Monday, September 19, 2022

More Busch Gardens

 Of course there's more pictures from our trip to Busch Gardens. Who has to remember anything when we can get pictures? The Internet will remember this forever!

This water spray fan tech is amazing. It seems like some little kid just started rambling about "what if we had a giant fan.... and a hose... and we combined them! Whoa!" And here it is! Looks like they are trying to put a thing around it for photo ops. Probably everyone takes pictures of people enjoying this fan.




Somebody left some clothes by the water fountain? Um... Gross? Who's going to bend over to get some water and get close to that? I hope they realize they left it and come back soon.


The Griffon! Hmm... 90 degrees? I don't know, that track looks like it's 89.5 degrees tops.


Always fun to see the sign at the Trapper's Smokehouse which lets you know your chicken is totally cooked, okay?! Yes we are fully aware it's pink inside, you know, it can be both cooked and pink at the same time, right? Do you think they still get people who freak out and complain?


Hahaha last time there were grapes in the "chocolate chip cookies" spot. I don't think they know what chocolate chip cookies are.


Before I get my hooves all greasy eating this chicken, I cut a peek inside and this time it's pink! Okay cool pic, but now I got to put down the camera and munch on this amazingly tasty chicken.


My friends wanted to take a rest after the lunch and relax on the train ride. Which is cool, but I took the opportunity to do something I missed out on the last time we were here...


Griffon! Remember that picture I took before lunch? That's the drop I was looking forward to!


There was literally NO LINE and we walked right into the middle of the front row. It was a random Tuesday at the end of August, and lunchtime, so I think I just lucked out with the low crowd and timing.


Here's a Griffon track in the viewing area. I don't even know why there are three rows of seats on this ride, because it's all about the front row. They hang you over the edge as you look straight down for several seconds of pondering, then when they release you and you fall... well it's about the most honest scream of panic that you'll ever get from yourself at a theme park. Just... great. That one moment is worth the whole trip.


If you're not brave enough to get on the ride, the Griffon has this amazing view where the cars skim over this lake and the water spectacularly kicks up behind it. You can clearly see the water drenching the track! The amazing part is that the ride curves right back onto the wet track and there's a "screech" noise that's supposed to be the Griffon "roaring!" That's some very clever ride design.


I don't know what language that is, but I'm going to guess it says something like: COOKIES! This reminds me of the Homer Simpon "Mr. Sparkle" thing, except it's the Cookie Monster version of that.


The irony here is that if you did indeed buy this, it would be your Wurst Shirt and at the same time, probably your Worst Shirt, too.


YEOUCH! Says my friend when he sees this giant nutcracker!


Did I know there was a Xmas shop tucked in the back of a random store near Germany? I don't think I knew about this, but it looks like something I should have known about.


I could not convince my friends to run a lap around Land of The Dragons this time. But I'll still snap a picture as we walk by.


We decided to jump on the sky ride to get the good views. One of my friends was visiting Busch Gardens for their first time, and so it's important to hit things like this.


Word on the street is that this ride will soon be torn down. Since it's such an iconic part of this theme park, they will surely build another ride in it's place and it will probably still be called The Loch Ness Monster. The same rumors include that the re-build will also have the interlocking loop part.


We didn't get to ride it this time, but I've been on it plenty, and my other friends who live a lot closer to this park have season passes anyway, so I'm sure they'll get on it sooner or later.


From the sky ride, you can see into the middle of the "cave". The Loch Ness Monster coaster goes in there and wraps around a few times in the dark. It's the perfect part of the ride to scream loudly and listen for the echo!


My friend had a backpack, but it was one of those types with the thin ropes as straps. We were looking to get another one, and this cute Oscar the Grouch was some kind of fashion label or something, because it was like $70!! Sorry Oscar, ain't nobody throwing this in the trash, that's for sure.


Who's the purple guy in the chef outfit? I honestly don't know. Also, I know Count Dracula is the most famous "Count" and thus, they named their numbers-guy The Count, but is a vampire appropriate for Sesame Street? Although now that I think about it, the whole concept is one of acceptance, because we're not going to judge him on simply being a vampire, he's The Count and we like him for who he is. So yeah, I guess it's very fitting in its own way.


Grover's Alpine Express! We all rode this, it's %100 a real roller coaster. So it's in the Sesame Street area, and only lasts 30 seconds. It's got the same cars, goes up the click-click-click hill, there's a drop, some spin-arounds. Boom. Fun. If a 3-year-old can go on this, so can any grown-up kid, too!


Big Bird over there doing photo ops. We didn't have time to wait, but I grabbed a picture anyway.


It's a terrible picture, but right behind this tree is Prince Elmo's Spire. Which is legit Tower of Terror for kids. It looks like a go-up-and-drop ride, but it bounces up and down randomly, just like the Tower of Terror is the Disney parks.


What kind of crazy animal is this? Some kind of Scottish Cow it says. Get a haircut, you hippies! How can it see? Not like it can brush the hair away if it wants to. Yikes. Also, get a cheap laugh when you see that it was pee-ing when I took the picture! That was an accident, coincidentally.


This has got "Dad Shirt" written all over it. What a lame, yet funny phrase. Total Dad Joke.


Random door with a super-tiny warning plaque. Hey, they posted it!


Giant Horsies! Pictures don't really do it here. You have to see these yourself to be as impressed as you need to be.


The Stairs of Doom! Next to the Loch Ness Monster, they descend into the valley by the river. Walking laps through the middle of this theme park is quite a workout!


Quite a few coasters drop into the valley here. This one right in front of us is Alpengeist. We didn't get a chance to ride it today. Who doesn't like pictures of twisted metal art like this?


We got a chance to see the giant fish we saw last time, it was still here. I mean, I guess it's the same fish. Unless there's a bunch of giant fish around here. There might be? There's tons of giant turtles, too. I feel like I'm rambling. Okay... see ya later, giant fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment