Thursday, April 21, 2022

The Odds

What are the odds that I'd have more random pictures with fun comments? Close to 100%, right?

At the thrift shop, saw this drawer full of 6-sided dice. Hundreds of dice! How many of these do you need to pick up and roll to simulate a Mega Millions-sized lottery? Like, how many to roll all "6"s would equal the same chance at winning the jackpot? Google didn't know, but I looked a little more and figured it's not as many as you'd think. Like maybe 20 or less. So the odds of you spilling this whole drawer and getting all "6"s is nearly impossible! Oh, but ...I sure wanted to give it a try! Hahaha.




I wonder if anybody got trampled over this Cabbage Patch Kid. People remember these dolls as the start of Christmas shopping insanity. Now here it is, in this lonely thrift shop. Was it worth it?


You might not see it, but there's a candle ledge behind this thing. So it's going to cast a very creepy shadow on the wall. Um... kinda cool, right?


Fun to see a figure of Eowyn from Lord of The Rings, or she is more likely known as... "I am no man!" I was trying to come up with a joke about a legend that says no man will buy this, but it sounded mean instead of funny.


I think I already got a picture of Hillary hiding in the dark corner of this thrift shop. My camera makes it seem less-dark, this corner is pretty dark. And she's still hiding here.


This is one creepy art project. Part of me wants to know the story behind this, but then again... I think I don't want to know, too.


This thing looks like it was from some 1960s sci-fi or old spy movie. I got a picture to try and figure out what it does, but forgot to look it up. So sorry, I have no idea what this is. Maybe it IS just an old movie prop?


Check out this DIY Star Trek shelf! We can tell this was made in the 90's due to the Next Generation style badge design.


Are these actual Mystery Stones, or do they just not know what type of stones they are, thus; it's a mystery. This sign could mean either thing. Grammar-nerding aside, I don't think there's actually a stone called Mystery.


Hey! We've got that Star Trek phone! That's the same one we saw in an actual museum. So you, too, could own something that's considered rare enough to be on display in a museum.


Hmmm. Good decision to think of making a show merch... candle. Because you need to burn it, and then they need to buy more. How much I Dream of Genie merchandise is there? Probably not too much. 


OOOOHHHHH! Busted! While this seems funny at first, it's just a massive blow to the self esteem of whoever you give it to, and has to constantly be reminded of how bad they are at golf. Stop laughing at me, birds!


What is with this crazy collar!? Looks like something a muppet would wear. I mean that in a good way, I'm not trying to say anything bad about muppets.


I tried to light up this film cell from the Next Generation episode I, Borg, but couldn't quite get a good picture of it. It's got the back of Picard's head in the foreground, Dr. Crusher in the middle, and most of Hugh to the right. This was a pretty good episode but one of the few examples to point out that you really need to see a few other episodes before you see it. Most of Star Trek at the time you could watch in a random order and still have the episodes be good.


This adorable purple bear was giving us the sad eyes, but we resisted. He's like "I'm only $1! Look how cute I am!" I'm sure someone else will fall for those eyes. Maybe if he's here next time we wander in...


Back out to a regular store, and have to appreciate the cool graphic of this cat on top of a robot vacuum thing. Whatever this game is, that cat looks like it's having fun! Chasing a dust bunny, too!


I have a friend who is a Gemini, and also happens to be a twin. Two friends like that, actually.


While playing Animal Crossing: New Horizons, we check and needed to build 1500 more tools to complete the Build DIY Tools achievement. Determined to finish it, with the help of automatic turbo buttons on our controller, it still took a couple of full weeks to shake branches out of trees and build the most-efficient tool available. And the title keyword we unlock was "Relentless"! Hahaha! That's about right! It was so awesome I thought we needed to share the story.


And just in case you wanted to be Relentless, too, the "Tool" we built was this thing called "Nice branch" Which takes 3 tree branches to make, and basically you just carry it and wave it around a little. That counts as a "tool" somehow. This one my friend is waving in the picture is DIY Tool #3000, now on display near the town square.


Maybe the last bit of Snow in New Jersey this season? I can't say "this year" because it might snow in November, or whatever. Took this picture on 3/28. To be fair, this snow was gone like 20 minutes later.


Hot Wheels of the car from the latest James Bond movie. But I didn't like it so much, so I passed on these collectables. I mean, the movie. The car was good in the movie for it's part. But overall the movie kinda subverted too many expectations, if I'm trying to be brief in my negativity. I could elaborate on the many plot flaws if you want me to.


Hawkeye and New Hawkeye in lame Xmas sweaters. Where else but POP! Figures are you going to find this kind of thing? That's part of what makes POP! Figures so cool.


Okay Pokemon fans, can you name the berries these Pikachus are holding? I'm not enough of a fan to know the answer, but I guess I did recognize them as berries which you feed to your pokemon to give them stat boosts. So that's something.


Huh huh huh. Bulk nuts. I could make some kind of rude joke but I think I'll instead say something like; are they advertising to squirrels now?


Seeing the name of this Hot Wheels car: Evil Twin, gives me the chance to tell my friend's favorite "twin" joke, keep in mind this friend is a twin. He says that there is no such thing as a "good twin" and an "evil twin", ...there are only "evil twins"! Ha-ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment