Monday, January 9, 2023

New Pics... Um... Year?

 Happy New Year! Back with another bunch of fun pictures! These are from a little while ago so some of them might seem out-of-season.

What if yesterday was good, but today is bad? This sounds kind of inspiring if you had a bad yesterday, but also... it kind of reminds you about it. I think if I saw this everyday, it might bum me out more than cheer me up.




Hahahaha! Award ribbons in a thrift shop. So you can fool people into thinking you "earned" them. Hey, somebody might need this for some kind of plot to seduce farm people. "Yeah, babe... I won fourth place at a horse show. Wanna see the ribbon for it?" Hahahahaha sooo funny!


I saw Pebbles on the box for Fruity Pebbles and realized it's usually only Fred and Barney on the box. I guess Fruity Pebbles refers to small rocks and not the baby named Pebbles.


I'm a fan of cowboys, and Fortnite has some cool character designs, so I got a picture of this strange duel packaging. I don't have any idea what's going on here, but it sure looks epic.


The Simpsons Halloween episode this year featured a full anime-style-drawn bit where Lisa got the Death Note. That's the series with the book where you write names in it and the people die. Anime can make even something like writing names in a notebook... exciting.


BOOM! Another telephone pole near our apartment blew up. This one was not as spectacular as the last one, but I got a picture anyway. Is it fun to not have any power for a couple of hours? Kinda?


Another new store in the mall with a "joke" name. Well... can you think of a "cool" name for a store that sells only SOCKS? So... why not go with a joke name?


Red nacho chips? Shaped like trees? Um... I hate to point this out, Tostitos, but trees are um... green. Usually. I mean, there might be some red trees... somewhere (?)


Space Jam team members on a mug. Fun to point out that Pepe Le Pew is "cancelled" and not on here, while Hashtag-Metoo cat he assaulted is. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve it, but I still feel... odd about it. Did Pepe ever put out a celebrity apology statement, and like... go to rehab?


I saw the Black Adam movie. You know, the one that came out right before the studio blew up the whole concept of DC movies? It was a fun movie, but a few weeks later they stated they are going to scrap all DC Superhero projects and re-cast and re-boot and whatever. Does Black Adam have the power to survive something like THAT?


Tim Burton's Batman movie had the Catwoman costume with the stitched-together vinyl just like this doll. But today's kids won't know that. This reminds me that the Netflix series Wednesday also had a cat costume that looked stitched-together, but since that was also done by Tim Burton, he's allowed to rip off his own stuff.


Somehow "Chess in a Can" doesn't seem like anything chess enthusiasts would like, nor would people who typically enjoy things in-a-can would be interested in playing chess. I got a laugh out of thinking of the scenario where you put this next to some beers and a drunk guy gets it and is like "Chess!?!"


Save your banana peels, you might need them! Wow a whole actual Mario Kart for your kids! $400 if you were curious. For that kind of money, you could buy them a Nintendo Switch with the game, and have money left over for snacks and bananas.


I would run away if I saw Clone Troopers painted like this. Yikes. But... they usually fight the droid armies so... probably not so scary for the skeleton-less droids. And yes; droids in Star Wars can get scared.


I might have already taken a picture of this sign after the pandemic shutdowns were lifted. Kind of interesting that it's still up then. Since shopping had been back for a while.


Oh yeah, I took this picture to show somebody how Lego typically puts one rare-color'd hairpiece (or something) in a very expensive set. See that pink hair on that passenger? You'll need to pay Lego nearly $200 for it! At least you'll get a whole train with it, for that much.


They said they heavily tested this Lego Foosball table so it won't shatter into pieces while playing. Fun note; you can get a real full-sized actual Foosball table for the same price.


Labyrinth is probably my friend's favorite movie, and he still gets a smile seeing that it's not the most renown movie, but still they make calendars for it. Like, calendars they sell in the store, not that you have to special-buy online.


I have no idea what Klarna is, but there's a selfie spot in the mall for it. So I get a picture? What is Klarna? Should I be more excited?


This poor faerie! When someone starts squishing her skit she's like "I need an adult!" I mean, it even says "stress ball skirt" so... squeeze it when you are stressed? How many people did this go through to still get produced?


Busted! I got this picture when the Target was setting up the Xmas section, but still had the Halloween banner on the ceiling. D'oh!


Hello Kitty had Zodiac-themed plushies, and I got a picture of the Gemini one for my friend. You might have to look up what Hello Kitty did for your own Zodiac sign.


This super-small View-Master package says "Yes! Actually Works!" Um.... how? Do you need a super-tiny face and super-tiny eyes to look into it? Ridiculous.


Did you ever drive past a Carvel and think... you know what? I feel like having a big soft serve cone with rainbow sprinkles. So... I'm going to do it! Almost like you lost control of your own body. That's what my friend said happened here.


These dice have Valentine's Day candy hearts inside them. Try out your luck? Both by giving these to someone as a gift and also by rolling them.


Ohhhhhh that's so evil. The local hobby store has this puzzle just sitting here. Unfinished. Part of me wants to scream, and part of me wants to laugh just as loud. 


Another pop-quiz from this cat artist calendar. How many of these Litterary Kitties can you identify? Bonus points if you already got the pun from "Litter-ary"


You might not get it from this picture, but seeing this in person would immediately make you think... yeah, somebody is going to wind up swallowing this on accident. (Harmonica noise... followed by a gulp and choking noises)


Funny plaque doesn't need me to add a funny comment. Just the picture of it is fine.


As funny as the plaque was, later that day, in another store, I see the same text on a shirt. I'm such a gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment