Monday, November 20, 2023

Bike Riding From Last Summer

 It's way past being Summer, but I found I had some pictures from when I was out riding my bike. So get yourself a blanket or something, and warm up with some sunny pictures.

Behold the beautiful architecture of some Princeton College buildings. We're out riding our bike, are we still considered tourists here? Looks like they put up some party lights. I wonder what it would look like at night all lit up?




Look at that amazing ceiling! Does this help with learning in any way? Or are they just showing off?


I think I got a picture of this before, but have another of what looks like a pottery classroom. Do the lessons involve someone sitting behind you with the cuddles? Like that movie? You know the one. If so, sign me up!


Get a picture of the maintenance guys doing something over there. Maybe some power lines involved, should there be more safety cones around them?


Got a picture of the Princeton train station again, too. Check out the grass growing on the roof. Should all buildings have grass on the roof like that?


Another nice architecture picture. Check out that one tall building in the middle. Does it look like it's floating here? There's nothing holding that one side up.


Funny little sign here to let you know not to splash around or whatever. I'm too lazy to come up with another more-funny interpretation of this, like "no excessive sweating" or "no people made of water." Well, I did have a couple, but I could have done better.


Riggidy-wrecked! Can I smash something, too? Would they notice if I did?


No warning signs on this one. You can go on and jump in if you want! There's a wacky sculpture thing that sprays water in all directions. I think I got a cool picture of it, pun intended.


The nearby building has a tiny model of the sculpture thing. There's probably too much reflection on this window to see it in the picture though. Cameras still have trouble with reflections.


Another problem with cameras is that distance is sometimes not too clear. We were right next to this deer. Like, super close. What up?! Just out munching some trees, huh? Cool. We'll just slowly ride around you...


Here's the fountain in front of the library close to us. My friend jokingly calls this "The Three Happy Dudes", but we don't know if it has any official name. The water pours out of the bowls into the rocks and disappears like magic!


Ooooch that's a bunch of weeds around that poor plant. Yeah, there's a plant under there somewhere.


Another "ouch" picture. That tire must have a story to tell. I hope everyone was okay.


This shopping center is pretty much a ghost town. Almost every time I ride through it, it's completely empty. So it's strange to see the fountain running. Is somebody's Mom visiting? Turn the fountain on, make it look good for Mom.


Water rushing in to the river from... somewhere. It's like magic!


This picture is neat to see for me. I have a few more-recent pictures that have this bridge completely gone. So this must be before they wrecked it.


Random sidewalk with Deez Nut written in it. I think it's supposed to be "Deez Nutz" with a "Z" or "S" but they ran out of space. D'oh! Still pretty funny though.


There's busy sidewalks in the shopping area near Princeton. Who's going to be rude and ride a bike around tons of walking people? So dangerous! This is just common sense, but I guess they need a sign for it.


I got this picture from far away, because of the kids, but I saw this and had mixed feelings. On one hand, those little kids have hustle! She's playing a violin and earning money! You go girl! But on the other hand... soooooo mean! Like, how can you walk past that girl without giving her a tip?! I feel guilty just getting this picture! Still, it's very brave of her to give this a go, either way.


This one hidden corner of the Princeton campus looked like it would be perfect for a generic sci-fi "future" or "space alien" building. We might need to dress up the plain railing a little bit.


Exploring around Princeton in a few directions I don't recall going in before, I came across this path with a couple of foo lion statutes. Neat.


Oh yeah. Here's the picture of the wrecked-up bridge. That's the main road that leads into Princeton. Further up there's a bunch of trees on each side of the road that makes an impressive tunnel effect. So right now you gotta go in a different way and you'll miss the big, impressive lead-in. 


Another view of the road damage so you can see it over the river. There's no "Un-do" button here. They gotta fix that! It's all kinds of messed-up.


This picture was not taken while we were out riding the bike, but it's kind of needed here. While browsing the Princeton gift shop we came across a guide book that pointed out all the various gargoyles around the campus. So it can be like a little scavenger hunt if you want. Here's one with a camera! So this monkey is kind of like me!


Of course there's little doubt with the lead-in setup, but I found it! Hi Monkey with a Camera! I'm a Minty with a Camera.


I think this came out good enough to see, all those fishies swarming around under the water. Lots of them!


There was a few bike rides here. This was obviously on another trip. Looks like they built a rickety wooden bridge to walk across the river. They're pros so it's probably safe. I might be worried, but I'm not the one who has to walk across it.


All of those poles looks like it would be great for some kind of ninja training where you hop across them. Maybe dodging throwing stars while you're at it. We think they are replacing a bridge, but really they are training some ninjas.


Busted! How does this happen? Did somebody prank them with the bad glue while they were making the fountain? Hey, we used the glue! Why did this part fall off?

No comments:

Post a Comment