Saturday, March 30, 2024

Gum-Gum Pictures

 You found it! All of my pictures, here together in One Piece!

In the anime, and Netflix live-action anime, One Piece, this gum gum fruit gave the main character Luffy super powers. He has super-stretchy limbs. It probably won't do the same for you, but it's a clever bit of merchandising anyway.




Mutt was one of the original G. I. Joe figures which came in the regular sized package, but included a whole dog companion, Junkyard. So it seemed like you were getting an extra bonus for the same price. The new Classified line of figures is bigger and more detailed, but they make you pay almost double the price of a regular figure for Mutt. So this has the opposite effect, where you kind of feel like you are not getting your money's worth for that price now. That's... ruff!


Why do you need to buy Black & White Oreo cookies? Black & White cookies are... cookies. If that's what you want, just buy those. Why do you need them to be Oreo cookies? Am I going crazy here? Who thought this was a good idea?


This cute giant Lego minifigure cardboard cut-out had a barcode in the corner. Is this a store decoration, or can I buy this?


We scanned it in the scanner, and it says online only? I'm even more confused now. I wasn't in the mood to explore any more options, but now that I see this picture, I wonder if I could have "Karen'd" them into selling it to me somehow. (Karen would say... Let me speak to the manager!)


Speaking about confusing, here's more gummy candy of other foods. So, does it taste like cheese crackers and pizza, or like gummy bears? I'm not curious enough to buy any to try myself. Nevermind, I see right there on the package in small text it says fruit flavored. They must have planned for my questions.


Whoa! Ollie's flat-out has a sign, advertising confusion! At least they are honest about it. Are you getting a good deal on that thing at Ollie's? Are you sure? Not now.


Wednesday and her colorful roommate Enid. This is another kids-in-school show that got sidelined by last summer's guild strikes, so odds are by the time we see the next season, they will look much older. Do they have some kind of magic charms to prevent that?


Ages 4+. Let's hope you taught your 4-year-old that they can't actually fly. Because this box cover says they can. They know box covers aren't real, right?


Adorable bunnies taking a selfie! So cute! I got nothing else to say about it, it's just super cute.


This modern package says "Cowboys and Indians". Did we move away from "Indians"? Or is this less-confusing just to say Indians? Did they think if they said "Cowboys and Indigenous Peoples" it would not make any sense?


Snow! This picture is from the middle of January. I guess I'm a little backed-up on posting pictures. Not too much snow that day, but proof that it did snow a tiny bit this year.


D'oh! We left the snow brush inside the car! What a conundrum. How do you get the brush inside the car, without a brush? It's not that much of a crazy puzzle, we just used our glove and sleeve around the door a little bit.


Here's the four main characters of the Star Trek: Lower Decks cartoon series, plus recurring character fan-favorite Badgey. It might be a cartoon series, that's genuinely funny, but it's still the best thing Star Trek has going on right now, as far as new content.


A few days later, and it SNOWED. Legit volumes. We can all respect 5 1/2 inches of snow, can't we? That's a decent amount.


So much snow, we had to take a walk-around to check out the nice views.


First, we have to brush off the car. If you get the snow while it's "fresh" it easily brushes right off. If it melts a little and then re-freezes, it can become like a solid brick mess.


Somebody built a snowman! We'll reward their efforts with a picture of it.


Here's the big forest thing next to the apartments. There's a trail here under the snow, somewhere.


I hope those squirrels have blankets! You can easily spot the nests up in those trees. Bundle up, y'all!


Those leaves on that tree. They are all "Whut snow?!" Tough!


Here's some plow-piles, where the snow is all bunched up. Despite the large amount of snow to play with, nobody is going to go near those things, they are super filthy.


Here's the back streets. Very slippery-looking.


The main road? Perfectly fine. Everybody still stays home anyway.


Walmart had a lava lamp on clearance for only $5. I've always kinda wanted one, how could I pass that up? I didn't! Turns out it's a heat lamp light pedestal with a jar of stuff, and a little cap to put on top of it.


Stack it all up, and it takes a while to start working. The goo in the jar has to reach a hot temperature before it starts to look like a lava lamp. For a hot minute (pun?) it looks like it's frozen in a little tower thing. Were there enough warnings about not touching this? The whole thing is very hot. Seems like it would be using tons of energy to heat this up. I wound up putting it on a ceramic coaster, I thought the hot base might warp the wooden table I had it on.


Hypnotic. Is it silly to say I could be comfortable simply looking at this thing for a long time? Some people might find that boring, but it's super relaxing. Dude! you totally have to get your own lava lamp!


One late night I'm playing my Nintendo Switch, TV on in the background. I hear the voice-over talking about personal mobility solutions and "Here's a message from our founder, MISTER TOM CRUISE." They really emphasized the name, and I'm all "What!? Tom Cruise is promoting what?!" and I look up to see this guy. Mr. Tom Kruse. I bust out laughing. They got me! What's this guy's life like, he'll never escape being compared to the other guy named Tom Cruise. Good luck with your Hoverounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment