Wednesday, October 2, 2024

El Restauranta

Whoops! Sorry once again that I skipped a week. I usually like to post a new thing at least once a week. I'll try not to be so much of a slacker, thanks for checking back.

Who wants to go out? Let's go out and get some pictures to share.

Nothing like taking pictures of the menu to remember where you ate. It's my friend's favorite Mexican place, so I don't mind giving the free bump to them. I know the Aztecs were from the area now known as Mexico, but do they still count as "Mexican" somehow? Or am I being too nerdy to ask such an odd question?




Awwww yeah. You know the good Mexican restaurants use that white cheese in the tacos. I have no idea what that cheese is called, but it's the good stuff.


My friend picked up the puzzle of cameras at the thrift shop. It's always fun to get a "picture" of cameras. Y'know, because I'm using the camera to get a picture... Ah, you get it.


How hot is it? I tried to google-up a funny answer to that, but a lot of them were not very good. The best one I found was: It's so hot, when I got home from the grocery store, my bacon was already extra crispy!


Pretty sure I already posted a picture of this, but recently I told somebody about this game at Dave and Busters where you drop the coins, but it has the Star Trek cards in it. So the next time I went to the mall, I got the picture to show them.


Here's the list at the top showing the set of cards for the bonus. I want just the cards! I wonder if they let you buy them for the 100 tickets they are "worth"? Er... nevermind, that was a dumb thing to ask. You would simply buy each one for 800 tickets, and then redeem a set for 2500. Creating an infinite loop of tickets. Maybe you have to get the whole set instead for the full 2500 tickets.


They were building this Hungry Hungry Hippos game! Looks crazy dangerous right now, hopefully when it's all put together it will be fun.


CHOMPionship! Get hyped up to play a new version of Pac-Man.


Check out the adorable Sailor Moon crew with the Sanrio characters! There was a new store in the mall with all the cute Japanese goodies.


The "naughty" character Kuromi is on the spicy noodles flavor, but I LIKE spicy, so it's all good to me!


YAY! I was lucky enough to catch the Spy Family movie when it hit the theaters for a weekend a few months ago. It was neat to see a t-shirt for it in Hot Topic.


Wow. TWO different t-shirts for the Spy Family movie? Cool. It was an okay movie. It had a bunch of cute moments. You probably need to be a fan of the show to "get" a lot of those moments, but I "am" a fan of the show, so I liked it.


It's the map "MacGuffin" from the Ahsoka show. This would be a lot cooler if they didn't y'know... destroy it in the show. Dude totally cuts it in half. That's not how you sell merchandise. You gotta not cut your merchandise in half, and then try to sell it whole.


Thunder Cheeks! I laughed. Sometimes you have to be amazed that things like this happen. Obviously that's "not real Pokémon merchandise" but there it is, in the mall.


This old hardware store had a locked door off to the side, with some kind of setup out there. I'm not going to ask what for. Probably harmless, but might also be for... witches or something. I'm not going to ask!


There's a whole Games Workshop store in town. They sell the little cool miniatures and buildings and stuff. All of the figures on display look soooo good!


Starter Set for Warhammer 40,000. $110. That seems like a lot of money to "start" you think? But this whole store sells just this stuff, so it must be good enough for that to... happen. You think? Like, if it wasn't any good, the store would not exist. So... it MUST be good. How logical is that argument? 


Oh yeah, did I mention that you have to paint the figures yourself? It's part of the experience! You don't buy a puzzle to have it completed for you, you buy the puzzle to put it together. So it's not that you "have" to paint the figures, you "get to" paint the figures! Paint them as cool as you want! The guy running the store offered to let me paint some for free, right there in the store! Just to try it out. How nice is that?!


I had to get a picture of the outside. Just to give them another bump, I knew the store had been there for a while, and while driving past, I did not expect it to still be there... but it was! So... it's been there for a long time, which adds to the argument of... it MUST be a good game, to have a whole store for it, and to have been there for so long. No way would a "bad" or even "okay" game have that kind of sustainability.


Mod Pizza kinda crispy'd the edges, but it's still a great tasting pizza. I can't remember exactly, but I think this was the cauliflower crust, which I honestly cannot tell any difference with, taste-wise. The only difference is that the cauliflower crust tends to burn around the edges.


Nobody is going to recognize him, but I did, and was kinda excited. That guy's name is Warduke and he's a Dungeons & Dragons character back from the 80's. He had a ridiculous dark-insides-helmet with glowing red eyes, but instead of being lame, it was awesome instead. And "Warduke" is like, the coolest name.


I can't remember if I posted a picture of Virginia Beach Monopoly... er... just -Opoly. I don't want to get anyone in trouble by pointing out the rip-off. Honestly it looks like a pretty good souvenir, every time you play it, it would remind you of your visit. Just make sure you visited enough spots on the board, like for real, while you're here.


I laughed when my friend saw this in the store. And he was like AAAUUGGH!! What a nightmare!!! He doesn't like seafood. He says c'mon, doesn't that look like a pile of bugs? Underwater bugs! So gross! My apologies to bugs everywhere.


Ahhh, that's better. M&Ms. Melt in your mouth, not in your hands. Also melts in the coffee, apparently. I don't see any floating in there, they've all melted.


Normally I try to blur out the license plates, but the vanity plate is part of this picture. They are fans of Tinker Bell with the plate, but then... the little other sticker on the back of the window is a little crude. I mean... yikes. Not the sort of thing the fan would want, you think? Sure, it's a funny phrase, but to go along with the Tinker Bell picture?


Another good laugh at a blank box. You should be a fan enough to know who's in this, if you don't know, you don't need to know. Be a bigger fan, why don't-cha. I'll save you the trouble, this character's name is Nightbird, she turns into a car, and she's kind of a ninja character. So ironically, the mystery box fits, thematically.


This busy street corner had odd characters waving at people. They varied day-to-day, and it wasn't clear why they were out there. This guy had little angel wings, is that a clue? They were not holding signs or anything, and did not seem like they were stopping to talk to anybody. Did I miss the news story?


Auuuuuu Jui. The Beefeater at Jason's Deli is a little bit of a dice-roll, sometimes you get really stringy-fat hard-to-eat roast beef. I think I got a small amount of that, that time, but it was mostly okay. The sandwich is only half the reason you went to Jason's Deli anyway.


You remember that Jason's Deli has the ice cream machine? How much? FREE! All the ice cream you can stand, once your sandwich is done.


Cups, cones, keep going back for more! I tried to get a picture of the machine in the background, but it's blurry. Lemme eat this ice cream before it melts!

No comments:

Post a Comment