Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Yord Who?

 Howdy! Back again with more pics and fun thoughts. I think I like to take pics of pop culture stuff just so I can share my feelings about it. Or maybe that's just a coincidence. Either way, enjoy the pics.

Remember this guy? No? Star Wars Acolyte created a whole bunch of neat characters, and then immediately killed them all. Sure it creates shocking moments for the show, but you can't get attached to characters that are quickly gone. The Tie Defender was created for a video game ages ago, during that period of time when Star Wars was not getting much new toys (if you can believe that!) so it's neat to see a toy of it.




How old is this picture? I guess I went to see Zootopia 2 in the theatre. How adorable is Judy Hopps? And Nick Wilde? And both of them together?! How is this not a TV series yet? The characters and chemistry are off the charts, and they could do random cop episodes with animal puns. It's like an endless well of potential!


Well I'm happy enough to have gotten another movie with 'em. And it was just as good as the first one. Let's hope they don't take as long to make more.


In the first Zootopia they had flashbacks to the kid versions of the characters, in case you didn't think they could get any cute-er.


Here was some random blind box figures I saw in a store. I took this picture with the idea of looking them up later, but now realized that that text is not on my keyboard. How do you look this up?


I've never been a big fan of the Lego animal head mascot thing, I never see this type of thing anywhere, in real-life, where somebody has a giant animal head with a wide-open mouth and the person's face inside. Has anybody? Why would Lego think this is how it works?


I'm confused. Starscream and Slipstream can each transform into a jet, why would you want to combine them into a um... One jet?


Super cute puzzles for the Huntr/x group from K-Pop Demon Hunters. How much of their merchandise comes in ramen cup-shaped boxes? A lot!


How cool was it to see Moff Gideon show up in evil-version Mandalorian armor? I lucked-out and got this set for half-price!


Sandstorm was a classic Transformer who turned into two things, a helicopter and a dune buggy. You think the new one named Tigerhawk would turn into both a tiger and a hawk, but it's just a one thing that combines like a tiger with hawk wings. Is that cooler?


Without looking at the screen, I used the remote to pause the channel to fix my dinner. I came back to find a big 'ole ad for my home town! Hah! Go visit Virginia Beach and come see the Neptune statue. It's pretty big but I guarantee it's not as big as you imagine it is. Still a neat statue, we all like the Neptune statue.


Hahahaha! Is that on accident or on purpose? The evil Demon Sauce has so many more calories than the good Hunter Sauce!


For a hot minute McDonald's did a K-Pop Demon Hunters meal where you got special sauces and some spices and a shaker bag to zest-up your fries. I guess McDonald's couldn't figure out a way to include actual ramen noodles like they ate in the movie.


Lucky my local McDonald's was nice enough to serve the sauces with the regular nuggets, outside of the special combo meal. The Hunter Sauce was indeed better tasting than the Demon Sauce. Good. That's how it should be.


Did Skeletor dress up as Orko in some episode? Should I go back and re-watch Masters of the Universe? I wonder how well it holds up.


No official Lego versions of Teletubbies? Hey, Lego can only do so much, themselves. They can't do everything. If these were actual Lego, you'd have to buy them all in one set for $200, probably.


It might be the one singular cool thing that came from that episode 9 disaster Star Wars Rise of Skywalker movie, it had the first appearance of the Anzellans. The tiny puppet engineers. They had them in The Mandalorian show and they were just as cute.


So... Popeyes the food place is in no way connected to Popeye the Sailor Man cartoon. However, they did do a tie-in for One Piece, and Luffy, who is also somewhat of a sailor man. And a cartoon. 


I love to use Al Roker's joke when I can. Big Honey Bun Iced. That was your nickname in high school, right?


The Star Wars Ahsoka show had a fun moment where Sabine was trying to sneak away on a speeder, and the cops were trying to stop her. As she swooshed underneath it, the astromech droid turned its head quickly, and had a giant eyeball lense! The poor droid looks permanently surprised, in a cute way.


Looks like the droid's name is KE4-N4. Can I just buy the droid? I don't need the huge ship with it. Maybe they will make a mint-color version at some point.


Princess Peach Showtime had Peach dressing in all kinds of fun costumes. Here she is as a musketeer-type sword character. Why did they call them musketeer when they used swords? Shouldn't they have muskets?


It's Him! They never really said this character was named anything else, just... Him. Hmmm... No, that was me just wondering, I wasn't calling his name. Um, Him's name... What?


This picture is not that old, but I did go see The Mandalorian Season 4 in the theatre. Whoops, movie. It was a movie. But wow did it feel like I binge-watched a series. I mean, it was alright, but it could have easily been more episodes of the show.


Did Disney skip a few live-action-versions of movies? Isn't Moana a very recent cartoon movie? It's a good thing The Rock basically played himself in the movie. He's got just as many tattoos in real-life, too!


Can you fit your whole head in that popcorn bucket hemlet? Do you really want Grogu sitting on your popcorn? You know he doesn't wear shoes.


Check it out! They were giving away promo cards for some kind of Star Wars card game. You can't get this by watching it later on Disney+! Considering how many people went to see this "movie" in the theatre, this card must be super-super rare! haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment