Thursday, August 29, 2013

OBX! part 1

OBX is short for "Outer Banks" which is the um, island-sandbar thing on the North Carolina shore. I was able to go on a weekend vacation so of course we took some pictures! We took a bunch of pictures so I'm going to break this into a couple parts so it's not so overwhelming (would it be?)

This is right on the... border... of Virginia and North Carolina. It's a neat rest stop and gift shop for lots of cool touristy stuff for both states. So "stop" here for a minute and then click on the "Read more" to continue the vacation?


GIANT BEACH CHAIR! Looks even BIGGER when I sit in it. Most beach towns have these things in them for photo taking. Can you deduce where this one was?... I'll give you a hint; those are Wal-Mart logos. Oops I guess that hint kinda gave it away...


We went to dinner at a Hibachi place. If you don't know, that's where the chef puts on a show and chops up the food and cooks it in front of the group, flipping the spatulas and stuff. Here I snuck a picture of the "onion volcano." I think if the chef spotted me he would have started flipping me?


In the morning we went for a walk. There was a little swampy inlet where we met a bunch of turtle friends. Can you see them poking their heads outta the water? There's three of them here.


We found a bike trail that had this odd bike-tire-size bridge. This photo makes it look way wider than it was...


There was an area that was absolutely flocked with dragonflies. So I went into the trail and stayed very still and eventually one landed right next to me!


Here is the monument for the Wright Brothers where they flew the first working airplane. Yay history! We stopped by the road to grab a photo, but we didn't go all the way up there.
 

This was the view behind the outlet mall. I bet if we were on top of a house we could probably see both shores, it's not very wide.


Thorny flowers at the shops. We might have picked some of these but didn't want to get hurt. I guess that's why they have thorns? So we took a picture instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment