Saturday, June 12, 2021

Shamrock Shake Time Travel

 More pictures from just stuff. This batch starts out with a fun story.

It's time! The crazy experiment to see if we could freeze a Shamrock Shake is upon us. My friend had planned on having this for his birthday, but expected "side effects" from the 2nd Covid vaccine shot changed the plans. If this experiment somehow upset his stomach, he'd rather not have that happen during "side effects" so we delayed this for another week. Feeling rather fine now, and excited to see if this would really work!



Placed in the frozen tomb on March 31st, a full two months ago, the internet said to put it in the fridge for 30 minutes to thaw. Check out the Lime-Cucumber Gatorades behind us, that's another hard-to-find treat.


Un-wrapped from it's "mummy-ness" double protection of aluminum foil and air-tight plastic bag. Just the sight of it is getting me excited.


CLUNK! Hard as a rock! A.... Sham.... Rock? Oooch, 30 minutes to thaw is not enough, internet. We left it on the counter for another 15 minutes before we couldn't resist and started messing with it.


The outer edge was getting soft enough to start eating it. More of a - stab with the straw, and then slurp it off of, and out of, the straw, - type of procedure. It sure did still taste like an awesome Shamrock Shake!


Eventually, it became easier to stir it up and maybe slurp through the straw. We almost just got a spoon, but thought the straw was working good enough, and it really extended the experience, so we didn't mind too much after all. So we're going to say... experiment was mostly a success! It still tasted amazing, and the next day, there was no... um, how do I say, upset-ness of the tummy? Sure it wasn't a perfect "Shake" and more like Shamrock Ice Cream, so technically not a complete success, but good enough!


Back to random pictures taken while out shopping and stuff. I thought I could make a funny comment here, something about being in New Jersey... but it just doesn't seem like I can think of anything. Maybe you need to know I took this picture in New Jersey? I'm still cute though, anywhere.


This dog bed just screams "ooo la la, I'm a rich spoiled pet!" Get that puppy some cooked turkey slices!


I bet there are some Moms out there who would think this is like, the sweetest thing ever. Also, everybody else did like, an eye-roll sigh, and maybe threw up in their mouth a little.


This is a really funny meme thing, but who would want this sign hanging around all the time. I mean, it's funny now, but after a few months wouldn't the joke get old?


Why is Spock pointing that phaser right at Captain Kirk's head?! This was one of those image-shifting pictures where it changes to the other picture below it, as you pass by. I managed to get them both pictures at the same time. Is that like, future technology for pictures?


Yikes!  If you see something like this hanging in someone's home.... RUN! You might as well hang up an actual red flag.


My type of party!? Not really but it's kinda true. I think I'd like the other types of parties, too.


Take THAT Metric System! We prefer complicated math with our cooking, thank you very much.


It's 2021, what counts as a "real adult" these days? Probably not me, or my friend taking this picture of me.


Giant letters! These things were $30 each letter! I think the idea was to get one, for just an initial or something. But we messed up the whole display making this $360 message.


This is a moment where you stand back and think "I can't believe I did that!" We just totally messed up that display! It's all harmless fun to walk away and leave that message there, but my sensitive friend feels bad a little because you know someone else will have to clean up that mess.


We took this picture like, a day after we heard about the passing of Eric Carle. I don't even remember The Very Hungry Caterpillar book but I still recognize this art.


This says boxes are for cereal, not people, but this cereal box is clearly for... people? Toucan Sam over there points out that his Froot Loops cereal had rainbow colors since 1963, and despite what you might think, each color tastes the same. So yeah; Froot Loops had it right all along.


Got a Flamethrower Burger from Dairy Queen and it was noticeably burnt. Is that part of the flamethrower-ness? Like, it was soooo hot, it actually burnt itself? It's virtually impossible to get a burnt fast-food burger, but we did!


Saw this super-strength flavoring at the art store. The bottles were very tiny and it made it seem like you would only need a mega small drop of the stuff. So of course I day-dreamed about slurping down a whole bottle in one shot and then having some kind of flavor explosion in my mouth.


I should say LOL at this because the term "thirsty" might not mean what they thought it means. Those are some thirsty pets, yo! Is that too much of an adult-level of humor? On second thought, kids, don't look that one up, okay?


What are the odds at finding two limited-edition chase variant POP! Figures at the same Target store? You're my [heavy breathing]... number one... guy! Or... Where does he get those wonderful toys!


This add screams "please audit me, IRS!" Hahaha. You name the price,... pay cash... It's so ridiculous that it has to be honest. I bet Bob is even his real name. Hope you keep good records, Bob.


Popular South Korean boy band BTS gets a themed meal at McDonald's. There are seven members of the group and their combo meal has a 10-piece McNuggets, how do you think they divide up the remaining three nuggets? Is 1.428571 Nuggets enough for a meal for each of them?


Let the record show that we did see a new Castle Grayskull in the store! $75 might seem like a bit much, but consider that this thing will probably disappear quickly to eager fans, and it's just... massive! My friend kind of wanted to get it just because... CASTLE GRAYSKULL! But there is just NO space for this in our tiny apartment, so we quickly regained sanity and passed.


Close-up of the exclusive "Oops, we forgot to paint her" Sorceress figure. My friend called it a "Shiny Sorceress" like it was a rare different-color'd Pokemon. But later we thought it could be a DIY color-it-yourself version, and now we kind of want it just for that! What color would you paint your Sorceress? Minty Green, of course, for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment