Sunday, July 17, 2022

Uno What?

 Pics! Check out what this crazy pony and her friend have been up to.

This display tells us there is some kind of Uno Championship Series. How would you even compete in something like that? The youngest kid would win. Nobody is going to beat on the poor little kid. Adults don't stand a chance!




It's rare to see merch from Cowboy Bebop of Punch and Judy, hosts of the bounty hunter show Big Shot. It was a clever way for them to dump exposition on the episode's bounty the gang was hunting. So even though they were only seen on TVs in the episodes, they were still important recurring characters.


I got this whole Dr. Strange figure just so I can have fun with the portal circle accessory he came with. He does score bonus points from Minty for having a... "pony" tail.


Once again explaining to a friend on the phone about our Nuggchos which is chopped up chicken pieces dipped in cheese with a jalapeno slice, and sent them this picture. I think maybe the chicken bits are better than regular nacho chips!


How did this picture wind up here? It's from my friend's Birthday Cake he had on his Birthday a while ago. He was travelling to see his family the following weekend, but still wanted a cake on the actual day. He thought he was clever putting an "L" on it, but most people can figure out why easily enough.


We normally play Call of Duty with my friend's Nephew but lately he's been busy with other things, so we've been playing a few weeks solo. We normally wait until we play together to open up the random Supply Drop boxes you accumulate while playing, and when we finally get a chance, it looks like we've gone over 100! Thought that was impressive enough to get a picture of it.


Probably more impressive, while opening them, we come across a pack that is all "new" items! At this point, most of what we get are duplicates, maybe every so often we'll get one new item, but all three new? I don't even know how to calculate the odds, but it's very unlikely!


Hoo-boy. Our kitchen sink was clogged. We've seen this before, where we run the disposal, and at first the water gets sucked down, but then it bounces back up and fills the sink. WE know when to stop "trying" before the water level gets too high. So we go to work and call the Maintenace people to fix it. And we come home to this.


What a nightmare. Obviously they messed it up, but how could they leave it like this? We didn't even trust that the clog had been fixed at this point. 


Big 'ole puddle of water on the floor, seeping under the guard rail and into the carpet. We had to press paper towels on that spot for a few days before it did not feel damp.


Not only was there dirty dirt crud all over the area, it looks like the water got into the edging of the panels and ruined it. Are they going to have to replace the whole countertop? Seriously? You trust them to fix a problem, and they do THIS? I'm certain that if I was present during the "fixing" I would have been able to tell them when to stop, or at least scream at them to get a bucket or... anything.


Yeah. Here's what the edging is supposed to look like. I mean, I guess it's just a bad countertop anyway, if it's not waterproof enough to get all messed up, but that's not my fault either, right? My whole kitchen is warped old wooden cabinets and everything, there's no way they would "replace" anything. They'd rather tear up the entire apartment and re-model it.


Not only is it all puffy, but the front panel peeled right off! I'll try to give you the short version of the story, but I did call them back and the guy rushed over to mop up the mess, but they did nothing about the ruined countertop. And a week later I put some scotch tape over the gap to try and make it look better, which it doesn't really, but what else can I do? Ugh.


How do I segue back to some fun pictures? Have some Dude Love! The pro wrestler Mic Foley was all charisma, and had multiple characters he wrestled as, including Dude Love.


Had to get a screencap of the My Little Pony cameos in the new Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers movie! Chip, Dale, and Ponies on the screen at the same time!


I got a picture of the Omeeeeega figure from The Bad Batch. They spell her name as "Omega" but on the show everybody says Omeeeeega.


Boom! The new Lego set of The Mandalorian's N-1 Starfighter just turbo-boosted away! We eventually got one, but it was fun chasing it for a while.


Pull up to the stop light next to a giant wheel! There was time to snap this picture.


One more quick picture of whatever it was dragging behind it. Welcome to the middle of New Jersey! Did I tell you we are surrounded by cornfields? Most people don't think of New Jersey as nothing but farms everywhere.


Did they ever show the mail truck on Cheers? I know the John Ratzenberger character Cliff was a mailman, so I'm sure they must have shown the truck, right? Anyway, here's any excuse to make one, if you knew anybody who is really a mailman and wants a super-accurate Mail Truck collectible. The Post Office has used this model of truck for... ever!


I just noticed that both Mike Wazowski and his girlfriend Celia both only have one eye. Not including the little eyes on the snakes in the hair, of course.


This McDonald's has been open for like, six months or more already, but they are finally having a Re-Opening Celebration Day. I should say sorry that I post these pictures well after the events, not like you could see this and prepare to go. It already happened.


$4 Big Mac Combo! Welcome back to... 1990-ish(?) I don't remember when a Big Mac Combo was this cheap, but sadly I DO remember they were that price, at some point. I'm so happy I thought about getting another one, but that would have defeated the purpose of getting it for so little.


My friend has told me a bunch about the Dangan Ronpa series of games, and yikes it sounds harsh. I saw some merch for it, and I don't know who this character is, but I have to think there is a high probability that seeing this would make fans of the game sad a little. Or probably... sad a lot.


That POP! Figure of Max has the Walkman! No spoilers but that was the highlight of the newest season for sure. Stranger Things has done it a few times, where they incorporate an 80's nostalgia thing into the plot in an awesome way.

No comments:

Post a Comment