Monday, November 28, 2022

Chew on This

 Despite the odd couple of weeks we've had, since my friend is currently unemployed, we've still been taking pictures of interesting stuff. So let's try and cheer us up with some fun comments.

How can it be both Bubble Gum and Cereal? I wonder if it's "chewy"? We saw this at the Dollar Tree store, and I don't know why we didn't just get some out of curiosity. I mean, it wouldn't have been much to try it. At least we got a picture. It was probably good because the next time we went there, it was all gone.




Also spotted at Dollar Tree, this just struck me as very good artwork for the knock-off cheap version of a thing. Regular fruit snack boxes don't have this level of cute art. 


We saw some kind of Uno game with... random foil cards? I took this picture to remind myself to look into this later, but I guess I didn't. Anybody collect um... Uno cards?


Pick-a-brick wall at the Lego Store had spider webs! Obviously we took this picture around Halloween-time.


Right next to the spider webs was the sp-sp-spiders! AHHHHHH!!!! Get me out of here! Ugh, the things I do for pictures!


I had to get one more picture from the pick-a-brick wall. Here you can see Minty surrounded by all of my fan mail. I'd like to respond to each and every one of you, but as you can see, I might not be able to. Hey, Lego is for imagining stuff. I can imagine I'd get Santa-levels of love letters.


Let's not forget that the only reason the Rebels won against the Empire; Leia was nice to an Ewok. Yep. It was Leia's kindness that ultimately secured victory.


I normally try and blur license plates, but this vanity plate probably gets pictures taken of it all the time. If you're a fan of The Walking Dead, you might be excited to see it. You might even be Negan, yourself.


Did I tell you about these shopping baskets? When New Jersey outlawed plastic bags, in an attempt to force people to use re-usable bags, looting/riot mentality took over and people flat-out took the baskets home with them, never to be returned! 8 months later they started showing back up, and now we can see little security tags on them. Seriously, who thought it was okay to take these baskets home? Now we have to deal with silly tags.


Nerd quiz time! Where is this sign found? Who knows the answer to that question? I mean... Who knows the answer to that question.


Nice artwork on this puzzle for the board game Candy Land. It's not hard to imagine kids being fans of a game called Candy Land. I mean, what kid wouldn't like a land full of candy?!


From the Teen Titans Go! episode 40-40-20. People might think the episode was called "The Night Begins to Shine" but that's just the song title. Music can transform you!


I saw these two blankets next to each other, and it looked like a perfect example of youth annoying the adults. That laser cat is so all-over-the-place, and that white tiger has such a look of "are you kidding me with this?"


Look at the size of this Halloween basket! No way are you going to fill this up! Gotta admire your ambition if you want to try, though.


All I want for Christmas... is you! You POP! Figure album cover of Mariah Carey Christmas!


WOW! It's the Transformers Constructicons but as Tonka Trucks instead? Called Tonkanator! Of course they made the Tonka Trucks Autobots, the original Constructicons are Decepticons. No way is Devastator going to defeat this thing, it's Tonka-tough!


This box looked way too small to have this double bed thing inside it. Is there some kind of witchcraft involved with the packaging?


Seeing Wrestling figures of old character bits can bring back such fun memories! Bradshaw and Farooq appeared one day out of nowhere as brainwashed members of The Undertaker's Ministry of Darkness called "The Acolytes". With crazy symbols on their chests. That was such a great time to be a wrestling fan.


MCRIBS ARE BACK! I'm not falling for the "Farewell Tour" marketing gimic. I'm 100% certain that they will get a "Comeback Tour" in the future. If the Twinkie was saved, there's no way McRibs will ever be gone.


CHOMP! Go get a McRib already! I'm such a fan of it, I'm helping to advertise it without any compensation!


My local McDonald's gave me a whole cup of the sauce when I asked for "tons of it on my McRib, please!" You gotta ask for extra sauce. Some places will charge you more for pressing the "extra sauce" button, and some don't. I don't care, it's worth it either way.


I'll admit I don't remember the F.R.I.E.N.D.S. episode with Hugsy the Penguin. But this totally reminded me of an old friend named Dr. Chill, who rode with us in our car for many years before he disappeared one day. We miss you Dr. Chill, I hope you're doing okay somewhere.


Very neat artwork idea going on with these things that would alternate lighting up two different etched panels. We would have recently been able to try making these ourselves, but we no longer have access to the laser machines. So... that kinda sucks. Neat idea though.


You gotta be kidding me?! Check engine light?! C'mon, car! Right as we are losing our job? I mean, the car has got nearly 200,000 miles on it. I guess we shouldn't be too surprised.


The nice guy at Mavis told us it was possibly a catalytic converter going bad, but to put this stuff in the gas tank instead of the replacing that right away. So far, the check engine light has not come back on, so fingers-crossed I hope that worked to fix it.


The Diablo Sandwich at Arby's. I will happily say; this thing is HOT. If you've paid attention to the Minty Blog, you know I'm a fan of "hot stuff" and this thing is no joke. It's amazing there's finally a veteran-level "hot" sandwich.


They know it's hot, so Arby's gives you a free small vanilla shake with it! Because a tip for eating hot things is that ice cream helps cool down your mouth, scientifically. The shake was so thick, we had to ask for a spoon. We didn't "need" the shake, for the hot-ness, but hey, who's going to say no to a free shake?!


Can this level of nerd actually be cheered up by this kind of statement? Or are they too much of a nerd to think of the clever wordplay and it's not exactly the type of cheering up you'd think. Am I too much of a nerd to have pony-splain'd the joke?! Oh no!


Xena's Chakram was the perfect blend of silly and awesome. Ridiculous, but just believable-enough, that she could bounce it off of 9 things before returning right to her. Like, the first time you see her use it, it's awful. But 4 seasons later, it's like... the coolest thing ever.


WHAT?! Who would give a bowl marked "cocaine" to a thrift store?! Are they insane?! I guess they needed the money more than the bowl. There was something more important they needed to buy...

No comments:

Post a Comment