Sunday, November 6, 2022

Picture M.A.S.H.

Another mash-up of pictures with fun thoughts from a little pony.

Wow a M.A.S.H. Jeep! This shiny thing looked pretty new, so either they have kept it in pristine condition, or Jeep is selling auto-sized merch from a series that aired from 1972-1983! To be fair, the show is part of TV history and worthy of this type of merchandise.




Leech from Masters of The Universe! The original Leech figure had a hole in his mouth, and you could press a button in his back that really did an amazing job sticking him to a surface. This re-make simply has a regular suction cup. Slackers! He does come with an alternate head that gives him a more show-accurate appearance, so they get plus-points for that.


I'm looking at the little bobble-head kitty accessory, and I kind of want just that. It's soooo cute! Can I buy a whole figure for one tiny accessory? Not this time...


Like,... zoiks! Got a mystery that needs solving? The Mystery Machine is gunna crush it!


How many of these music artists can you "get" by the artistic cat portraits? I admit I don't know all of them, but I did get a bunch.


How cool is the series The Mandalorian? Simply having a figure with a removable helmet should not be that big a deal, but when this happened in the episode it was like... the biggest deal ever. Next to him is Arc Trooper Jesse who was friend-turned-foe during the Order 66 thing.


Disney characters on the back of the package for a Doorables Cruise Ship set. Notable because they show the girl chipmunk that we've seen Chip and Dale fighting over in a few art pieces, and it looks like her name is Clarice.


Idea from a little kid: Hey um... what if we um... combined like... Boba Fett, and um... Darth Maul! Like, into one guy! Wouldn't that be cool!


That is a very specific Captain Kirk plushie! The Gorn Captain is so adorable I might want to root for him instead. I wonder if they sell a plushie of the big rock they were fighting around.


We almost got this big Korok seed plush, from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, for a friend who was a big fan of finding those things in the game and collecting them. Ironically, they are overwhelmed with real-life "collectibles" and probably would not want another thing this big to collect themselves.


After hearing a lot of hype for this place in Virginia, and never having a chance to go, they open up a Raising Cane's near me, and I gotta go check it out!


They just opened a few weeks ago, so as expected, there's a massive crowd. We chose to go inside. There was a Chick-Fil-A style multi-lane, drive thru nightmare causing stop-and-go traffic around the building, and nearby shopping center.


Our wait started here, right outside the front door. Hope you're not hungry! I mean, you should be, but don't get hangry about it.


Inside a nice picture of Wonder Woman, and some story about the name Raising Cane's. Cute, they named it after the dog. Why was the dog named "Raising Cane"? They don't answer that question at all! Raising Cane is not a normal type of name. I mean it's not just Cane, and they were raising it. The dog's name is Raising Cane. Now I'm even more curious!


Inside the building and we can see what kind of line is in front of us. Not too bad, really. It awkwardly snakes through the place next to the tables. Probably won't be too comfortable eating with people standing right next to you. I mean, if you are lucky enough to get a table.


Right before we ordered. According to the pictures, it took around 17 minutes. Check out the menu. It's mostly chicken fingers. Even the sandwich is simply chicken fingers in a bun.


Once they took your order, off to the side to wait for it. I caught a glimpse of this dog shrine graphic on the wall. Aww!!! Little doggie! There was a couple of t-shirts on sale but I didn't get pictures of those.


After we ordered it took another 20 minutes to get the food. So all together, around 40 minutes. After waiting so long, and sitting outside, it felt like we were at a theme park! How was it? I'm not going to lie... it was amazing! Our friend suggested no coleslaw, extra toast, which was a good call. the Texas Toast was great. The fries were 100% average, not the best, but certainly fine. The chicken was very good, not too dry, but still crispy and delicious. Obviously hand-breaded and fresh.


But the real winner is the sauce. It's their own blend of... something. I tried to figure out what it tasted like, but couldn't. It's sweet; the same way a pickle is, or butter. But it doesn't taste like a pickle or butter. Whatever it tastes like... is good. The one portion I had was enough for the meal but I kinda wanted more. They do charge extra if you ask for more, but honestly it would be worth it.


We parked past the store next to them which was under construction. There was a small gap in the fence to squeeze through. A comically-small gap. I mean, I'm a tiny plastic horse and I barely fit! They expect regular Americans to fit through this gap? On the way to a restaurant?


I didn't go right to the Wendy's, this picture was taken days later! Just a coincidence the pictures are right next to the Raising Cane's pics. I thought it was funny that the tagline says "ask for it because your nuggs are begging for it" Really?


A genuinely hilarious thing happened in the Wendy's on a Saturday afternoon. These two ladies were sitting at separate tables, far apart, and having a full, raised-voiced conversation. I had to choke back the laughter. I mean, the stories weren't funny, it's just that... why? Just... sit next to each other? She GOT A TOASTER OVEN. REALLY? YEAH, IT'S GREAT; WALMART WAS OUT OF THEM, I FINALLY FOUND ONE. THAT'S GOOD. What a show I got with my lunch! 

No comments:

Post a Comment