Sunday, May 28, 2023

Fresh Air and Bikes

 Out riding the bike, getting some pictures to share.

Zoom! That's not a bike, it's a train. This road bridges up over the track and it's a real workout to pedal up here. Like, in a good way. You get all the fun of relaxing exploration, but also good 'ole exercise.




Every time I ride past this ramp down into this forest I wonder if it's cool to go down and explore. I think it might be private property, so I've never risked it.


It's hard to see, but there's a turtle party going on over there on that tree in the river. Can you get a suntan with a shell on your back?


Look at how clear that water is! If you look closely, you can see fish swimming around. Neat.


Wandered into the Princeton baseball game. It's been a while since we've seen a live baseball game, so we decided to watch an inning. The crowd wasn't too huge, but it's still real college baseball.


Princeton was in trouble; they had no outs and bases loaded! Can I get back to my bike ride? No, they had to pause the game to have a little team meeting about it. Did I say I wanted to watch just one inning? But I'm also curious if they can dig themselves out of this mess.


Ouch, they gave up 3 runs before they finally finished it. I suppose it could have been worse. The break might have been a little longer than we thought, but still nice to get a little break.


Build more college! I wonder if there are college kids running those cranes? Haha, could you imagine!? Of course not, that would be silly.


Gotta take cool pictures of cool places, there's plenty of cool views around the Princeton campus.


I've taken a bunch of pictures before of the big church on the campus. But it's big and impressive, so get another picture. You should see the insides! Not this time, but I've taken pictures of that before, too.


The hideous heads-on-poles art thing are still here. To be specific, I'm a fan of the Chinese Zodiac animal wheel, just not this particular rendition of it. I think they also might not like it which is why it's hidden in this corner behind the train station when they started out right in front of the art museum.


Check it out, the train! I had a thought of buying a ticket just to be crazy about it, carry the bike on the train and all. I've never rode this small track that only goes out here to the school.


Check out the fresh buildings! I took pictures last year of this being under construction. So this is new to us.


Who made this map? It's upside-down. From my point of view, the building on my left is to the right of me in this map. I'm looking downward from the "You" marker. Who teaches the map class around here? Unless... this is part of the lesson?


It's neat to see stuff that seems like it's underground. Almost like a secret lair or something. Is there a supervillain class?


Check out those buildings which don't have any support under them. I'm sure that's fine. Unless the students designed this. Hey, I think you need some supports under those rooms, otherwise it's fine, C+.


Random giant pink couch in the new area. I think the idea is to have gathering spaces that will be unique and memorable. Remember when we went to Princeton and hung out on that giant pink couch? That was our spot!


There's even a pink pigeon. Did someone name this thing yet? Pinkgeon? Did I just name it?


Fun to imagine a hole-digging class. Princeton students get the good tools. I came back a few weeks later and this spot was covered with dirt like nothing happened. Don't ask what they were doing. We are in New Jersey, so I can say with the Italian accent "forget about it."


There's some other new map stations around here, At least this one is positioned correctly. And this also seems to be specific for bike riding, which is what we're doing right now!


This bridge is up pretty high over the main road. I'm happy they put a huge fence up instead of a small railing. This feels much safer.


Yikes! Mashed-up bike in the corner of the football stadium. Did it get tackled? 10-yard penalty for unnecessary roughness.


On the way back home, we checked back into the baseball game. Looks like Princeton bounced back but later fell behind again. Later that night, we checked the Internet for the final score and Princeton won 9-8. It probably would have been a very fun game to have watched the whole thing after all.


Noticed the banners in the football stadium. I must be fun for the kids to see themselves up there like they are superstars.


Free water! It's so expensive to go to college these days, and especially at a place like Princeton. You think they would also charge a ton for water, but it's nice they give it away for free.


Here's underneath that bridge over the main road. It forks over to each side and is a little bit artistic in design.


Closer to home, they filled in the fountain over by the library. It's got a bunch of rocks in it now. It's not running water, but it's neat to see something other than a big empty circle.


Glory to the Founders! Who's the big Star Trek Deep Space Nine fan around here? The Dominion plans events for the city? We spaced-out and forgot to go this year.


Looking down at the dandelions, and notice a lot of purple flowers. Is this some kind of flower turf war? Purlpe vs Yellow?

No comments:

Post a Comment