Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Happy Halloween 2023

 Happy Halloween! I saved up a ton of pictures that I've taken leading up to this fun holiday. Rather than post a couple of different batches, I'll use them all up at once! So if you like a bunch of pictures, it's a treat! And if you get bored half-way through, I guess it's a trick. Isn't that a little bit like real trick-or-treat'ing? You have to visit soooo many houses!

This picture was taken way back in June, some of the first Halloween merch we saw this year. It's a standing-up broom on a motor thing that randomly drives it around the floor. You just know somebody with a robot vacuum cleaner thought up of this. It seems so obvious now.




This is a regular cat, not a Halloween Mummy Cat. Make sure to close the bathroom door!


It feels "right" to have a dog chew toy of Betelgeuse. Can't you just hear him mumbling a rant about HEY! Dog! Lemme go! as the dog runs away to chew on him? Fun.


Yikes. Too much. I think this is too much. Make sure your friend is really okay if you see this somewhere.


GIANT SKELETON! AHHHH!!!! What's the biggest action figure you own? This could be it!


This might be too much, is a kissing booth really a thing anymore? That's like 1950's or earlier right? We're concerned about germs these days, right? Would kids even know what this is making fun of?


Hahahaha! He's killin' it! Don't be confused by the date, the movie did come out in 1978, but it "happened" in 1963.


They have the little ceramic house things you can make displays out of, they usually have a bunch of fun things to look at around them. So I like checking them out when I wander around the art stores.


This sounds cool and inspiring, but there's a snarky pessimist in me that wants to point out the scientific-silliness contrast of using the words "trust" and "magic" together. Eh, it's funny to point that out, but I'd like to take this for what is says.


You may be looking at this thinking "what does this have to do with Halloween?", this is just normal comic book costumed Scarlet Witch. Well, in the Wandavision series, Wanda dressed up in this costume for Halloween. Funny bit for the show, but it's so tacky to dress up as yourself for Halloween!


Always fun to see my catchphrases in merchandise. Yikes! I say that a lot. Probably because I take pictures of things like that unicorn skull, which gets a yikes.


Not technically Halloween-related, but hey! A new pro cereal character! Carmella Creeper joins her cousin Frankenberry and new friends Count Chocula and Boo Berry. She seems a tad over-developed as a zombie um... DJ? I bought a box out of curiosity. It's okay. Caramel Apple. More apple than caramel.


Glow drink mix! That's gotta be totally safe, right? You'd think they'd sell the black lights right next to this? No?


There's a surplus of these Pokemon card "treat" packs this year. Last year they sold out super quick but this year there's not as many cards in the set and they produced massive amounts of them. So much over-correction.


When you're done with this guy for the lawn display, he can hang out in your bedroom! It will totally help you sleep soundly at night.


I didn't take too many pictures of costumes this year. But I did find the name of this one funny. Airplane Mode.


This is my type of humor. Scary skeleton hands coming up out of the ground, but "peace" and "thumbs up" are not scary at all. Cute. Er... about as "cute" as skeleton hands can get, I guess.


Gold Skeleton! Bling bling!


Funny pet costume, but the nerd in me wants to point out that there's no "O'" in the name of the thing they are parody-ing. Everyone always thinks it's Cup O' Noodles, but it's just Cup Noodles.


Is Harry Potter okay with giving everyone Kisses? I mean, he's supposed to be popular in school or whatever. Did I miss this part of the movie? 


Have you seen Hocus Pocus? If not, this might sound plain old gross. In the movie, one of the witches says this when the kids are hiding nearby. Y'know, to scare them out of hiding. Not the witch on the picture though, it was the one with the pointed-hat hair-do. So this is confusing even if you have seen Hocus Pocus.


This looks like a funny costume, one of those new fidget bubble popping things. But keep in mind that if you do choose to wear this, people will POKE YOU ALL NIGHT. Maybe they think it's funny, maybe they are compelled by the need to pop all the bubbles, but you WILL get poked at.


This is crude-level humor, but I find it funny that the word "WEEN" is separated out. I've heard that used as a short version of "wiener".


Busted! You may think it's odd that Darth Vader is not wearing gloves and has regular human hands. But, remember that Darth Vader's right hand is robotic. D'oh!


This cult classic movie Killer Clowns from Outer Space has gotten an odd increase in merchandise recently. It's a 1988 movie, why is it just now getting super popular?


I did watch it recently, and it does kind of deserve to be popular. It's got that nice level of silly "lore" that doesn't hold up to any real science analysis, but the art direction and style of the movie makes you not take it too seriously. For example, this gun turns you into a cotton candy cocoon blob that the Space Clowns drink you from.


If enough people ask for it, they'll make it. Here's a life-size replica of the Ghostbuster proton pack! It's one thing to sell the jumpsuits, but you really need one of these to look legit.


Yeah, I had to get a picture of the price. $250! Your wallet just got slimed! Well I guess this is a nuclear accelerator, so maybe that price seems about right.


You know you're old when the fashion of your youth is now a Halloween costume. Ugh. Gag me with a spoon.


After I have a moment contemplating the 80's fashion costumes, I turn around and see Wild West stuff. Well, at least I'm not THIS old! Hahaha it was just the thing to snap we out of it.


I saw that show! It was awesome. You need to get a plastic toy gun with this, and scribble on a terrible-looking Dove of Peace on it. If you've seen the show, you'd know that was a funny bit.


That wand looked cool. Why didn't the Harry Potter wands have giant crystals on them? They look so cool with the giant crystals on top.


Random Cobra Kai mug among the Halloween mugs. I guess they were the bad guys? Oh yeah, I remember now that there was a Halloween scene in the Karate Kid movie, where Mr. Miyagi beat up a bunch of kids in skeleton costumes.


This was in the Halloween candy section. I thought it was funny to imagine a bratty kid asking his parents if they coud have "nuggets" for dinner, and then getting yelled at because they ate a bunch of these chocolate nuggets. "But you said I could!"


Funny to see a Target name badge on this giant spooky guy. I later find out that Luis nametags were in all Targets, and he became a meme, sold out, and became hard to find. How do you plan something like this? Somebody is thinking "I can't believe that worked!"


Walking down the street in Princeton, and that pumpkin-headed skeleton is waving hi! Yo! Happy Halloween, dude!


Do you really want your marshmallows to be haunted? What kind of mean parent gives their kids haunted marshmallows?


Come on, you know that's just a coincidence, but it's a super awesome coincidence. "Blink and it's gone" underneath the giant inflatable eyeballs.


Hahaha Busted! The only thing you need to worry about is that the neighbors actual DO have the good candy. It would be more funny to get one of these for your neighbors and have them point it at your house, too. Infinite loop!


Cutest treat basket! Can I carry this around all year?


You really need to have seen the Netflix series to get this joke, but I spun this wheel and got the One Piece! I'm King of the Pirates! Wooo Hooo!


Marvel and Star Wars have witchs, too! Do they have a Halloween in Star Wars? It sure seems like something they'd have.


Awww! I don't think that kitty will give me bad dreams, will it? And I don't think you even need to be told, that if you see anybody wearing a hockey goalie mask outside of a ice skating rink.... run!


Pinkie Pie pimpkin kit looked like so much fun! It's ridiculous and awesome at the same time, much like Pinkie Pie herself.


Right after that, I saw this other pumpkin kit which is just as awesome! Be a Fairy Godmother for real and turn a pumpkin into a carriage! Mind blown!


Wow that's an old costume from a movie that nobody remembers. I mean, I remembered... but who else would? I'll save you the research and tell you it's from the grown-up Alice in Wonderland live action movie sequel, Through the Looking Glass.


Giant scary clown! Who's got $1000 to spend on something like this? I guess... someone? I shouldn't judge. If I had "rock star money" I might throw a thousand dollars on a cool scary clown. Y'know what... get two! One for each side of the fountain in front of the mansion.


This might win the grossest-thing-I've-seen-in-a-while award. Is this for the party at The Predator's house?


Look like an idiot while you stand there with your mouth open, mumbling "See? It says Hip Hop on my teeth! See it?!"


Rhinestone Machete? That's the perfect level of awesomeness that's almost too silly, but instead it's so much cooler because of that silliness. Like, how amazing do you have to be to have that much bling on your machete?!


Halloween pumpkin bucket... right next to the Christmas Tree! Too soon? Thanksgiving is nowhere to be seen. Poor Thanksgiving. Always getting stepped over by Christmas. 


In New Jersey, we all have to use the re-usable shopping bags, so you see them on sale everywhere. This one is just so attention-grabbing! I kind of want it just because of how much you can't ignore it.


I'm going to point out that only male lions get the mane, on this Barbie with the lion costume. I mean, we all don't care these days, so I'm not sure if me pointing it out, like a nerd, is crossing a line. I mean, we all know Barbie likes Ken. So she clearly identifies as a woman. It's also fun to mention that Barbie never gets to wear a costume. For example: when she's dressed up as a doctor, she is actually a doctor.


Svengoolie! Make sure to watch MeTV on Saturday night! It's like having a friend who picks an old movie to watch. So you know you'll never get a bad movie. Even if the movie isn't "great", it's got some sort of history or something relevant to it. He's been doing this horror host thing for decades, and still is, so how fair is it that everyone always remembers Elvia more?


Hahahah.....ha....ha.... um, Am I safe here? You mean "guest" right? You're not going to make me a "ghost" for real, right? 


Hey, this car is wearing a costume! Who ya gunna call? Happy Halloween everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment