Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Warm Summer Pictures

 It's fall now, but I still am running through my back-up of pictures. Including some I got while out riding the bike. So enjoy some now-comfy, warmer pictures.

There's a guy doing the thing where you wear the waterproof overalls and walk into the river! I don't think this is the right kind of river for that. I mean, It looks like he's not gaining that much more by doing it. Eh, if you have the outfit, you might as well get some use out of it, I guess.




Awwww yeah. You might not see it right away, but there's a massive amount of honeysuckles over there. I know this is a picture, but honeysuckles have one of the best "smells", and I can't get smells in a picture.


I've pointed this out before, but if anybody needs some old ancient white oak tree, for like, vampire stakes that work on ancient vampires that regular wood won't work on... We might be able to hook you up.


This is what a wall of graffiti looks like! After they cover it up. This is like shaking an Etch-A-Sketch. It will soon be covered with fresh graffiti.


This part over here, too. I'm a little tempted to do it myself! But of course I'm not brave enough to actually do it. It is, not legal, after all. And I did just talk about it, on a blog. So... of course I can't do it now. This is the type of conversation I should have had in my head.


Some kind of fancy thing is going on over there in the Princeton school campus. Should I crash it? I'm riding a bike here, so I could literally crash into it. Haha just kidding.


Giant purple flower! Anybody a flower-person? Know what type of flower this is? It's my blog here, I feel like maybe I should be doing that kind of investigating, not you.


Magic thirsty rocks, no pool of water, fountain. Outside the nearby library. The water kind of spills out of the bowls and... disappears!


Here's what a fountain should look like! So much water, the wind is blowing it out onto the sidewalk. It's hard to remember, but I think this was a HOT day and I wanted to jump in. Maybe.


Another fountain type. Can you see the rainbow in the middle? I always want to run my bike through this, to clean it off, but I also think that might not be a good idea, so I haven't done it.


Glanced at this sign and was a little insulted by the abbreviation, for some reason. I guess if you don't know what a RN, LPN, or CNA is, you don't need to apply. But I feel like it's excluding me because I don't know the secret code.


River. Neat little side-river rushing in. Gotta appreciate nature, right?


Check out the cool reflection making it look like a half-circle on the wall. I'm sure there's some reason for a wall being in the middle of this big river.


Here's the lower part off of that wall. That's an old restored mill or something over there.


Super-clear water! I'm sure it's still "filthy" but at least you can see through it.


Here's a big gear thing, probably for opening and closing some kind of release valve for this wall. More engineering I don't get. But it's here for some reason, somebody knows. Would anybody get mad if I fiddled with it? To try and figure it out?


Rivers on both sides of this path. It's been a while since I've got a picture of this. It seems to go on... forever! This is the D&R Canal nature trail.


Secrets! If you want to dig pipes into the ground, it looks like a good idea.


Hat on a statue! Funny!


There's no game going on, but for some reason, the snack stands were open this day. Not too shocking, since there was a ton more people wandering round than usual today.


Most everybody was wearing some combination of black and orange, the Princeton school colors. I thought I'd get a crowd picture, this street has a lot of fraternity buildings down it. And you can tell the sidewalks are absolutely packed.


Yeah, there is some kind of reunion thing going on this day. This is the most-busy I've ever seen this place. There were many tents with tables, all around the campus.


I normally ride the bike through this field, but the whole place was closed off. No wristband for us! Gotta go around.


Shout-out to local Princeton favorite Hoagie Haven. Nice to see them busy on this day, too. I once got a sub sandwich with mozzarella sticks in it there. Yeah... IN the sandwich, with all the rest of the sandwich things. It was soooo good.


HAHAHAHA! Busted! Looks like a paint can fell off of a truck and exploded all over the road! Awesome.


This was a recently re-done bridge with fresh wood planks on it. I remember quite clearly how it was clunkly-clunk, clickedy-clack, super noisey the first several times I walked the bike over it. The wood settled down over time, and it's not as bad anymore.


I snuck the bike around this construction before, but this day it was mega-walled off, and there was no way to get around it. D'oh! Back the way we came, I guess.


Looks like a fence near the water, too. Not even the ducks can get over here to mess this up.


They put caution tape around the mysterious stairs into the forbidden woods. If it's private property, you think they'd put the sign right near the entrance? Are they going to tear this down and put new steps here? Does it matter if we can't use it?

No comments:

Post a Comment