Sunday, June 2, 2024

Angry Hero, Happy Villain

 Hello again! Enjoy some pictures I took to make funny or clever comments about.

I gotta say... this struck me as odd. Batman... the "Hero", has a mean expression, while Joker... the "villain", is happy smiling. Grown-ups will know the story, but the little child will certainly think Batman is the bad guy here. Look at the smile on Joker's car! Batman's car has mean-looking headlights to match his expression. Batman is the one holding a weapon!




We all complain about the price of a Big Mac combo rising out of control, but think back a few years, and remember how much a 75" television would have cost. Yeeeaaahhh... I just blew your mind. I don't know the exact number, but it was probably a lot more than $528. Of course, nobody watches TV anymore, but that's a whole 'nother conversation.


Went to my friend's house. No? I'm in an Ikea? How could you tell? The pricetags all over everything?


Always fun to check out the house mock-ups in the Ikea store. That free-standing lamp was kinda neat, but it's got an ugly cord just hanging off the top of it. Couldn't they figure out how to put the cord in the stand or something?


Why does my child keep having nightmares about alien abductions? I can't figure it out!


This wooden submarine playset thing looked pretty cool. I can appreciate cute artwork on a toy. Blavingad is a cool name for a ship.


Plenty of Lego set things at Ikea. You can't even get these sets from Lego, only at Ikea. Which is a little unusual. They include the "classic smiley" faces, another unusual thing to point out.


I glanced at the wall art thing and thought it said "SURE" and then lol'd when I saw it was really "SURF". Thanks for that bit of fun, brain.


Took this picture to send to a friend, the standard type of collectible display shelf available at Ikea. Check out your stuff from all sides.


I laughed when I saw the carrot nose on the snowman here looked like a mouth going "myeah..." Sorry that's the type of thing that's hard to say with typing, but you know what I mean.


Why is Strawberry less expensive than Vanilla? When I gave them my receipt she asked if I wanted Vanilla or Strawberry. I was even more confused. Why else would I have paid 10 cents more? I just noticed the "cal" number, which I assume is "calories" is 150 for vanilla but only 100 for Strawberry. That seems like a very wide difference. Does anybody read these things? Does anybody fact-check this?


Who cares about all that math nonsense. This ice cream is amazing. I could have easily got at least five more of them. But that's more math, both price and calories. Just have the one and be happy.


That little bird up there was CHIRPING! Loud enough to get a picture of it. It was like a creepy movie, was it trying to warn me about something? I was alert and careful, and nothing happened to me. Maybe it was just reeeeaaaallly upset at something.


This Jeep's speakers were in the back pointed right at me. It was like I had their radio in my car. They were playing some rockin non-English pop songs, so it was kinda fun hearing new music that was pretty good.


For a hot minute, Magic: The Gathering tried to make some characters into um... characters, that they could use for merchandise and stuff. Does anybody know who Chandra is? She's the "red" character for the decks that use um... red cards. So there might be a couple of people excited to see a life-sized Chandra.


Brilliant use of translucent plastic on the Romulan Warbird. As a reminder, Romulans have cloaking devices on their ships.


Woah! Was Predator in G. I. Joe?! Oh, it says "custom" on the box. Still... they got me. It looked very good for a custom.


This sad character was missing it's tag, so I have no idea where she's from. She was so sad that I looked to see what show or movie she was from, and now I'm sad that I don't know. I wonder if somebody eventually cheered her up?


Eighty Five Inch TV? That's a lot of TV! I already took a picture of a big TV, but let's take another! Can you see me standing on top? You have to zoooooom in a bunch!


Busted! Why is this circular Yin-Yang symbol in a rectangular frame? How about a -square- frame? This thing is NOT balanced at all.


I always kinda wanted one of these floating chairs. I know they are "outdoor" chairs, but I think it would be cool to watch TV sitting in one of these. Maybe cover it with a blanket in the winter.


This guy at the flea market had little metal sculptures. Neat. Gotta give props to that kind of hustle. I think a few of these are supposed to be a Predator.


At the flea market you'll see a plastic bin full of junk toys. This one has an X-Wing Transformer. Most of it, I think? Poor robot.


For the most part, Masters of The Universe matched the cartoon to the figures, but these are specifically more matched. You might not notice, but there are fans who can clearly see these look like the ones from the show.


These are POP! Figure version keyrings with characters from a Star Wars video game. There's so much "Star Wars" things these days, even I barely know who these people are. And I don't think these count as "legit" characters anymore. So it's another layer of confusing.


Fake Pokemon cards! I mean, they are cards, and they do have Pokemon on them. So on some level, they are technically real Pokemon cards. Whoops, did I just bust my own argument?


They put tennis balls in the pet area. So.... are those useful for playing tennis? Or just fetch? Like, did they make cheaper versions? Can the dogs tell the difference? Did dog owners enjoy having to go all the way to the sporting goods area to get the tennis balls?


Does this look like a "B" to you? When they made the Star Wars substitution-cypher alphabet called "Aurebesh" they totally forgot they used letters for the ship names. X-Wing, A-Wing, Y-Wing, B-Wing.... none of those Aurebesh letters match the design of any of the ships.


Driving down the street, and there was a spider walking across the windshield! So distracting! Lucky for the spider, we managed to keep an eye on it and soon got to a stoplight, and we caught it in the empty bottle. 


We pulled into the McD's and there's a brush area behind the parking lot. Enjoy your new home, lucky spider! I know the picture shows a closed bottle. Don't worry, we did let it out.


We were going to the McDonald's anyway to get a Shamrock Shake. It's a holiday! Is this Minty's holiday? They made a shake for me!


Clever they made Rapunzel's hair part of the house and slide and all. A lot of times you see a Rupunzel figure and it's honestly not enough "hair", if that makes any sense. They kind of designed the character hard to make figures of.


It's a fidget spinner Hot Wheels car! you grab it in the middle and spin it around. Neat.


Did Google get you to this page because you searched for "naked chics playing golf"? This is not what you were looking for? Hey, it's naked chics playing golf. What other thing were you expecting?

No comments:

Post a Comment