Monday, May 27, 2024

Cute Ghosts

 May the pictures be with you!

I read somewhere that there are kids these days that have no idea that they switched "old" Anakin with "Hayden Christensen" Anakin in this scene. There are Star Wars purists out there that are upset by this, but honestly... I like the change. It just gave me a bigger smile when he showed up. I DO prefer the original Yub Nub victory song. That was waaaaayyyy better.




Seriously, Star Trek was super light years ahead of it's time. Remember the time Uhura was trapped in the Mirror Universe and she distracted evil dangerous Sulu by seducing him, and immediatedly pulled a knife on him? I think that's called "Girl Boss" these days, and she did it back in 1967.


Gross? Um, yeah... Gross! Who wants a "recycled" napkin? Who thought this was a good idea? There clearly needs to be another sentence under there that says "Don't worry, it's 100% clean", too. Do I have to do research before I use a napkin? Ain't nobody got time for that.


This day the registers at Mission BBQ were broken or something, and they told me I could sit down and eat, and pay later. They even offered to bring my food out to me. When they did, they said "eh, don't worry, this one's on us!" and I scored a free lunch! I'm like... this is already my favorite lunch spot, now they're just showing off.


Um, Goblin... Queen? With a little baby she must have stolen. Is Marvel stealing ideas from the movie Labyrinth? David Bowie was the Goblin King who stole a baby. Did this action figure just make me want to read a comic book? Just to see what's going on with the Goblin Queen? I want to know if she's in the middle of a big maze.


Sure, the name Optimus Primal is super cool. But c'mon. Transforming into an ape has got the be the lamest thing ever. He basically stands up. Woooooo. Check out Blitzwing. He transforms into a tank AND an airplane! 


Princess Peach has already gotten full games where she's the hero. The new one Princess Peach Showtime gives her different costumes with unique playstyles. I think the Detective one was my favorite, but they were all cute and fun.


Transforming letters? Sure! Not all the letters are available, so I can't spell MINTY with all of these.


I got a picture of the back so you could see what the letters transform into. Looks like each letter can be some kind of vehicle, and you can combine them all into a big robot. Cool.


I almost got this Cat Planet bottle for my friends who basically lives on a cat planet. I have more than one friend who might think I'm talking about them here.


The Lego Store had a whole bin with transparent yellow head pieces! It looked soooo random. Why?


And then right under that bin, was another one with streetlamp towers. See? I plugged one on top. Now you can light up all your streets! Brilliant.


I think the camera blurred this photo a little. It was filled with minty-green teeth pieces. Maybe one too many pictures of Lego bins, but I liked the minty-green teeth pieces.


Disney Park exclusive Pride celebration figures at the outlet store. These are from last year's Pride merch. I think I got a picture of these when I visited the park last year.


I was giddy to see the Monsters, Inc. scream cannister bottles at the outlet store! But $35 seemed like it was still too much for one. I want to scream. 


These look familiar. If not this mug, I think I might have already gotten a picture of something that said the fireworks were the best part of the theme parks.


Life Day snuggie? It's what Star Wars does instead of Xmas.


It was cool to see merchandise from The Bad Batch. Yeah, nobody else knows what that is, either. I did, and it was cool to see.


I almost picked up this Droid Factory Advent Calendar. It has a bunch of fun holiday-themed droids, but I passed on it. I'll still get the picture though. That's free!


It's been a while since we've done any of this type of thing, but my friend still likes to admire a good embroidery logo when we see one. Darth Vader with his kids!


Why is there Titanic merch in the Disney Outlet Store? Was the Titanic movie a Disney film?


It's funny to see knock-off Lego brands doing sets that Lego would never do, like a modern tank and giant pistol. Nothing to stop you from doing it with your own Lego bricks, if that's what you wanted.


It might not be Lego, but seeing Shin Chan sets of bricks is awesome. I can pretend it's Lego, right?


One rule of blind bag merch is how upset you'd be if you got a bad pick from all the choices. These Hatsune Miku badges ALL looked super cute. I was not in a spending mood, but I should have gotten a few of these.


These are not technically knock-off Lego sets. Mega Bloks has the Pokemon license, so these are Mega Bloks rip-offs. Do you have a headache like Psyduck over there?


Sometimes blind boxes are the worst. If I could have gotten only the Hatsune Miku bursting out of the screen one, I totally would have. It's the only one I would want, so that's not good odds for buying a random box.


More adorable Hatsune Miku blind boxes. Did I mention I'm a fan? Kinda obvious by now. Not only is she adorable, but she's a computer program that sings great songs. The costumes usually correspond to a particular song, they are from the videos.


Remember this droid from the first Star Wars movie? The one Luke and Uncle Owen almost bought instead of Artoo? And its motivator blew, and the Jawa shrugged, and they switched droids? That other droid was R5-D4, and he went on to have different adventures! Can you believe it? He was in The Mandalorian right along with Mando and Grogu! It was the same droid!


Saw this odd new store in the mall that had big screen walls for photo shoots. Looked like it might be... neat? I wasn't curious enough to go check it out, but a little curious. Good luck to them.


Can't get more blind-box than a straight-up vending machine. Who needs a whole regular store for these anymore? I'm a fan of booster-pack-anything. Art blind boxes like these are rather expensive. It's easy to resist when the prices are so high.


Can you imagine if that was a woman in that kind of pose? NO WAY would they "objectify" a woman like that. Why is it okay for a man to be pulling off his pants on a couch like that? How is there no outrage? Shame on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment