Sunday, December 8, 2013

Baseball Out of Season

How can you have fun visiting a baseball stadium during the off-season? Take a tour! Visiting New York's Yankee Stadium was a lot of fun. Check out the pictures of some stuff you might not get to normally see!

There was a large group going on the tour, but the rest of the stadium was vast, empty, and quiet. It was kinda creepy. Were can I buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack?

Click on the "Read more" to check out more pics!


Here's a miniature model of the stadium. I suppose I should make a comment here how I'm feeling a little like Godzilla?

There is a Yankees museum where they have all kinds of neat historical stuff. You can read the plaque in the picture about Mickey Mantle's contract and how much he got paid; I wonder how he would feel about $20 popcorn and soda at the movie theater?


I have a friend who is a big fan of Derek Jeter, so I grabbed this picture for her.


Press Box! This is where all of the people who work for various news papers and web sites and stuff watch the game. Stop the presses! haha.

You may be noticing the American Football goal posts on the field? Normally they only play baseball here, but this year they are going to play a college "bowl" game.

Here I am running through the "expensive" restaurant where you only get to go by buying $1000 seats for the game. Um, wow, it would be awesome to have that kind of money.


Of course the highlight at the end of the tour, you get to walk on the field! This is a small part of what it's like to be a proffesional Baseball player! I'm out! Haha not in a bad way, just in a see-you-next-time way.

Bonus picture! There is a Hard Rock cafe in the stadium that is open year-round. We ate lunch there after the tour. These are the flags stuck into the burgers. Who doesn't like a tiny restaurant flag?

No comments:

Post a Comment