Friday, May 17, 2019

Free Comics!

The first Saturday in May is Free Comic Book Day! Sorry that you might have missed it, it usually sneaks past us, too. This year we did go out and get a couple free books and we got some pictures while we were out.

How is it that we never get an "I Voted" sticker, but we get one for Comic Book Day? I was about to point out that Cheetah is not wearing any clothes here, but that would make me a hypocrite since, I guess, I usually never wear anything either.

Comics! Click on the "Read more" below!

Yep, this looks about right for the Go-Bots. A sad cover for their comic. Even the good guy Leader 1 is not happy to see his nemesis Cy-Kill defeated. So classically dramatic.


Girl power! Seriously, how many girls are buying comics? Haha I'm only kidding. There should be comics for everyone who wants to buy them!


Not quite sure what is going on in this picture and why she is posed like that? Do people do that? Shame on you, Ditto, for peeking.


There's Harley Quinn, carrying Catwoman. She's "carrying" a lot of the heroes and villains these days, am I right?


Our favorite wrestler, The Undertaker, in a comic! And it's also right next to another favorite, Xena. Comics are a nice way to extend your enjoyment of things that are no longer going on, as the Xena show is from a long time ago and The Undertaker is not really wrestling anymore either.


We watched the season of Deadly Class on TV, here's the comics on which is was based. I bet the comics would be just as good as the show is.


Oh-ho-hooo! What kind of night-crawling is this guy Nightcrawler up to? Is this a kid's book?


How modern to have them fighting in VR. Or are they both trying to be like the X-Man Cyclops?


Here's a nicely artistic cover for the My Little Pony comic we saw. Have they put Minty in one of these yet? Maybe I should look it up.


We briefly flipped through a box or two, and found this Futurama/Simpsons crossover comic. This was done before they actually did a TV episode about it. And yes indeed as big Simpsons and Futurama fans, we already have this.


Thanks for the free comics! The store was absolutely packed that day.


We drove to another comic shop and got some more pictures. My friend likes the Baroness, what's with those tentacles here? I hope for her sake this is not an anime comic.


Check it out, Magic the Gathering comics! How is there not a movie or show about this yet? At least we get comics. I wonder how long it takes to do her hair like that.


"The Night of 1000 Batmans" haha sometimes it feels like that, right? There are so many Batmans!


For example, here's the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Batman. So radical, I wonder if he shared any Pizza with them?


I was only going to post comic book covers, but here's an extra picture of an Ares statue from the Hercules and Xena shows. He was such a great character and it was fun to see this.


The tip for next year it to get there early if you want more selection on the free books. I mean, if you are going to be picky about free things. They typically have other sales and promotions going on, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment