Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Stomp

 I'm still happily wandering around and snapping fun pics when I get a chance. It's enjoying for me and hopefully for you. too!

This Lego set is called the Hydra Stomper, and somebody put it in the display case stomping on the Hydra dude. Fun. You know the employee who did that was wondering of anybody would notice. I did! Also, is this a cheeky reference to the classic household bit where you painfully step on a Lego brick?




Those InuYasha chibi characters are the cutest! I like how these say "Mini Glass" so they can sell it to kids. I'm not going to price-complain, but at $9 each I think I'd like to pick which character I'm getting. Even though, for this set, they are all good characters.


I'll post this picture for my friend who shall remain anonymous. At least he got a "cool" Garbage Pail Kid.


Bob's Burgers actual cookbook! With funny burger names like on the show! I took a picture of the index, so you can read all the names if you have the time.


U.A. High School Alumni license plate holder. That's the name of the school from the anime My Hero Academia, and if you went there, you are a top-tier Super Hero! Trivia bit: They never say what U.A. actually stands for, and the closest theory is that the Japanese word for Hero is EiYu so there's your "A" and "U" sounds. You'd think the School is the whole center of the series, they would have the name for it?


I'm reminded about the ending of Mario Odyssey and how I was excited the whole game that Nintendo might actually have Mario marry Peach because they were wearing wedding outfits the whole time. And at the end she just blows him off and I was totally heartbroken for poor Mario. He got on one knee and everything. They tried to play it for laughs, but I don't think Mario thought it was funny.


You get +2000 Cool Points if you see this type of gun and the first thing you think is "Old Painless is waiting." Of course, this version is a bubble gun, so I guess it is also literally quite painless.


It's fun to use poop humor every once in a while. When I saw this little gargoyle statue it looked totally like it was in a barely-holding-it-in pose. Forever tortured like "I gotta poop!" hahaha.


I'm not sure what this creature is supposed to be, but it was cool looking so I got a picture of it. Were there ant eaters in ancient Egypt?


What does it take to get a rock to be spherical? Probably a lot since these tiny things are so expensive. How much does a bowling ball cost? Less than this, right?


Cue the dramatic music: dun-dun-DUN! It's taken a while to post these pictures, but there wasn't that much time between the announcement and beginning of the bring-your-own-bag policy to New Jersey. Later I thought, if you bought one of these, and then bring it back to carry out stuff, how are they sure you already bought it? Honor system?


Sure, that's what we all love... Bug Time! Those are some cute bugs though.


I got a laugh out of that sign up there that said "Due to supply issues Rotisserie Chicken will be limited quantity" and then see the whole thing full of them. Busted!


You might not even know it happened, but Toys R Us has been resurrected in America! Kinda. It's now a section of Macy's store. You've got a Macy's somewhere near you to check out, right?


We searched around and it was all fairly standard toy stuff. We couldn't find a single thing that said "Toys R Us Exclusive" though. Here's a regular giraffe and not a Geoffrey Giraffe.


This guy from Breaking Bad was a villain in The Mandalorian, and it was neat to see his foldy-winged Tie Fighter. I don't remember that giant cannon in the show. That thing is a not-canon cannon.


Not necessarily an exclusive, but they had a few of these Harry Potter sets I'd not seen anywhere else before. This series of figures has a nice unique art style that kind of reminds me of book illustrations.


Did I already get a picture of Grogu pretending to drive this Lego car? Eh, it was still funny so just in case I hadn't yet posted this, here it is.


Back in Andy's Brick Shop, where they sell things like these old used, but complete, Lego sets. These ancient castle sets are from around the time when nobody kept boxes. So just seeing the boxes is something special sometimes.


A spring-legged Lego Basketball figure is only $4! Oh, you want a basketball for them? That's going to cost you... Mwa ha ha!


How funny is it to see a Harry Potter Sorting Hat that's in a big pile which would need to be.... sorted? Get to work, Hat!


I spotted this tiny Lego Ant Man figure and thought it could actually be him hiding in the store. When you first hear about Ant Man and his shrinking powers, it sounds rather silly and useless but it turns out it's powerful and amazing.


Ouch; $160 for an official Daddy's Lil Monster-shirted Harley Quinn figure. She might as well be hitting you in the face with that bat as well. Harley Quinn has some crazy fans but that's crazy expensive, right?


Did you know they made a minifig series with The Muppets? Missing from this picture are the Swedish Chef and the other balcony heckler guy Statler. They were due to be released any day now, so this was the first time we actually saw them.


I'm trying to remember some kind of Lord of The Rings quote to use in this picture of Saruman's tower Orthanc. It's just a little silly that main villain is named Sauron and this loyal wizard guy's name is basically "Sauron-Man". And they both have giant towers. That's not confusing at all.


The T-Rex and Jurassic Park Jeep as Transformers! The extra fun part here is that it says the T-Rex is a "fem-bot" because of course all the dinosaurs were female. I know they are robots but they've established genders in the Transformers series before, so it's not a big deal at this point.


At an F.Y.E. store and this package's picture is crazy real 3D!  I know you can't see it in this photo, but I swear this thing is mind-blowing legit future tech, or some kind of magic. My friend's fingers pass right through it! What an odd thing to witness on a random figure package.


HA! Very cool merchandise for Squid Game. At least you don't get the stress of having to eat it like on the show... no spoilers.


Yin Yang kitties! Cute! Now I'm in the mood for one of those black and white cookies, too. Sorry to end this on a cookie mention, and now you might be hungry for a cookie. Hey, you deserve a cookie sometimes, and it's okay to eat it without feeling all guilty. Just don't over-do it, okay? It's a treat, you can take the stairs for a few days to work it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment