Thursday, June 15, 2023

What Time Is It?

 Random pictures, random comments.

It's Minty Time! Seed what I did there?



How many people can quote this whole scene? My friend here doesn't like you. I don't like you either... No blasters! I might be overestimating the number of people who've seen Star Wars dozens of times, like me.


You can tell these are new ponys done in the style of the original My Little Ponies. They didn't do any "Alicorn" ponies like Twilight Sparkle, with both pegasus wings and a unicorn horn.


The Power Rangers had some seriously messed-up, nightmare-fuel monsters over the years. This guy looks scary but eyeballs are usually a weak spot on enemies in videos games, so it's probably vulnerable all over.


I had a funny thought about buying a hundred of these things, each with a fake key, and only one with the real key. So the real trick is knowing which fake rock is the real fake rock.


Did the new live-action movie version see this book? Because she's also Ariel. There can be two Ariels.


I'm not sure I like the decision to use character names as Star Wars series titles. I guess they thought it would be less confusing as they keep adding shows, but it feels lazy and uncreative to me. Anyway, here's Andor, star of Star Wars Andor. Look how tiny Vel is. I didn't realize she was so small while watching the show. Not that there's anything wrong with it, it's just not what I thought while watching the show.


That's a lot of money for the coolest little goblin figures from Labyrinth. But you're paying for the game development and stuff, not just the little figures. But... can I just want the little figures for less somehow?


This knucklehead was airbrushing miniatures right in the middle of the hobby store. There was a giant toxic cloud all around him and quickly drifting into the rest of the store. A few years ago, I might have thrown a fit in the store, but now I realize that kind of thing is not my place to intervene. I mentioned it to the clerk, who didn't seem to mind the paint fumes and I simply left. I wasn't even that upset, I know why the kid is doing that in the store, because his parents probably won't let him do that at home. But if the guy running the store doesn't mind breathing in paint, that's on them.


It's the perfect matching Minty green color! I don't have any reason to want a cooler, but I kind of wanted one.


If there are 15,000 of these, is it really "rare"? How many of the regular ones do they make? There might be people who see this and want to scream "why didn't you pick that up! AHHH!!!"


I've not yet seen the Cobra Kai series, but even without seeing it, these look like a perfect match. I wonder how many other martial arts actors could be Power Rangers?


What happened to Wheeljack? The original Wheeljack was a sporty racing car with a high-end rockin' stereo system. This guy is a clunky bus van. They even gave him nerdy Urkel glasses? In the movie, he better not say "Did I do that?"


Another clever cute dog toy. Tugquila with the little worm trying to escape. Might make a funny image of your dog being a rowdy drunk as they resist you trying to take away their tugquila bottle hahahaha.


Squirrel! It kind of sad that they are so shy and unfriendly, but I suppose it's good for them, too. They can't know I'm just trying to give them treats.


This TV commercial is driving me crazy! Why are they backing up off the cliff!? If you mess that up, it's over! So dangerous, I can't stand to watch. It's like a horror movie but it's a commercial instead.


Who needs to park the car backwards next to the edge? There's even a parking sign? Argh. Part of me feels like if they fall, they deserve it for being so stupid, but I don't want them to fall. Even the disclaimer at the bottom says don't be stupid with this system. Like, how about not driving so close to the edge!


Have I been watching too much TV lately? Caught an old Who's The Boss episode and this producer's name is Bud Wiser? Does he also own a beer company? Did he lose a bet in college and have to change his name?


That same episode I caught had fully young A Christmas Story Ralphie actor in it! Hey, yo! You gunna shoot your eye out, yo!


Which one do we make Superman? How about ALL OF THEM! Wile E. Coyote is all alone on the other one as Batman, but in the cartoon where he wore that bat suit, it was not a real Batman suit, but was all-green.


Game of Phones. Get it? Instead of Thrones? Are they giving some money to the Game of Thrones people? What's you opinion on things like this? I mean, is it cute, or ar they unfairly using the other thing's popularity?


I audibly laughed in the store at the silly contradiction here. Sun Tzu's Art of War is super serious, and it's um... a coloring book. Would he laugh at this, too?


My friend saw this and started staring at his hand for a minute like an idiot trying to find all the lines and stuff. After he realized he had no idea what was going on, he rolled his eyes and moved on. That was fun.


Isn't the best part of horseshoes the satisfying "TING!" when it hits the pole? I think they even call it a "Ringer." I suppose wooden ones are a little more safe to throw, if that's a concern.


Yeesh, what level am I again? At what point am I high enough level to beat the game?


My friend, who does not like sweet potatoes, saw this and giggled that the dogs would not like it either. How is this a "treat?"


Shadow Weaver is a fun character design for the She-Ra series. In the He-Man show, there's a small wizard guy named Orko, with a similar maroon hood and glowy-eyes-in-the-darkness face. But he's kind of a childish try-hard sidekick. I always imagined they thought it would be cool to make a sexy version of Orko to be one of She-Ra's villains.

No comments:

Post a Comment