Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Surprise Movie

 Coming soon? How about right now?

Driving past the movie theater to get to the grocery store, and I have to jump out and check out the coming soon poster that caught my eye. Have you seen the anime Spy Family?! They have a movie?!! Anime "movies" are not that rare of a thing, but to see them in a big theater is. I know the date on the poster is from a while ago, but I took this picture during the week it was going to be out. So I didn't have to wait long at all to see it!




What type of snack do I take to see the Spy Family movie? Peanuts!!!! The little girl in the family has a thing for peanuts. If you've seen it, you'd be excited, too.


So the main thing I like about the show is the clever ways the "family" hide their secret identities from the other family members. The movie leaned more towards the "silly" side than the "smart" side, but it was still packed with tons of the type of fun you'd expect. And I genuinely laughed a bunch. I'm glad I saw it in the theater! I should note that they offered both subtitled and dubbed versions of the movie, and I had to wait a day to catch the one with English voices. I'm okay reading subtitles if I have to, but the English voice cast is pretty good and it's just easier to watch that way.


Check out the Despicable Me 4 Lego sets! How many people buy lots of each set so they can get the army of Minions? Is that any better than the Star Wars people getting an army of Stormtroopers?


Dude brought a dog into the McDonald's. No leash. He had a huge group of people with him, like "I dare you to throw us out" or something. Not that I cared, it's just... they know that's not cool, right? There's seats outside, y'know.


Berries is the currency of the One Piece anime/Netflix show. Get yourself on a Wanted Poster over in the Barnes & Noble.


It's an odd sort of fun to see action figures that appear like they were made a long time ago, from things they never made them for at the time. Did that make any sense? Like these Conan the Barbarian figures made to look like old Star Wars figures. Tell me Conan, what is best in life?


Maybe you can, or can't, tell from this photo, but this figure looks very much like the actress that played Sabine in the Ahsoka series. It's worth noting when they really nail the likeness.


I was describing my diner to a friend, and it was easier to send them pictures. This is like a crust-less pizza of sorts. Each pepperoni slice gets a jalapeno slice.


And then you carefully sprinkle shredded cheese into the jalapenos. This part is a little annoying and takes a while, but being careful helps them not to stick together.


Microwave for a little bit to melt the cheese... and boom! Little crunchy cheesy pepperoni-y yummy bites. I don't have a clever name for these. But I feel like I need to give this a clever name.


This Fennec Shand figure comes with the jug of... blueberry juice... that she chugged. Let's not be too sensitive, even Han Solo was drinking... some kind of assumed alcohol... in the very first Star Wars movie for kids.


I was marathoning Solar Opposites when Disney+ started putting Hulu shows up. I don't want to over-hype it, but it's usually an okay-ish show that's got lots of funny bits. In one episode they dropped this website to give you a random "lesson", and dared you to try it, but only once, otherwise you're a bad person. So... I had to try it!


Here's my lesson: Don't make one genre of music your whole thing. Okay. I don't think I did that anyway, but it's a good lesson. And yes, I did only do it once. Is the joke on me, that I did only do it once? Or if I did it a bunch of times, would the joke be on me then? I'm not a big fan of joke's-on-you things, regardless, I only did it once like they said.


Whoa! Dude! They totally made like, a real Surfer Boy Pizza! Y'know, from that show Stranger Things. It's not a "collectible" at all, it's a genuine pizza... to eat.


A plushie of a glue bottle. I feel like I want to make some kind of joke about sniffing it, but that's not cool, right? Don't eat the crayons, either.


Posting a picture of the neat little wooden toys I saw. You'd think that being made from wood, they'd be less expensive, but no, these were very expensive. Cute though.


I have not seen the Miraculous show, but I've seen a lot of hype for it. They made Playmobil sets, so it must be doing pretty good.


Playmobil has Naruto sets as well. This particular ramen noodle place has made the 10,000 votes requirements on the Lego Ideas website like, three or four times already. But Lego keeps passing on it. Just buy the Playmobil version instead.


What's with dinosaurs and trains? Keep going, we don't want to stop to look at the dinosaurs or anything.


Cute! This coffee cup plushie had the company logo embroidered on top like it was one of those foam-in-the-coffee art things.


Kung Fu Tea tie-in for the Princess Peach Showtime game. Peach tea! It's like, a real flavor. So... yeah.


Williams Sonoma cracked me up with this picture of the pizza cut... like that. Hilarious! Who cuts a pizza like that?!


Hahahahaha! The funny thing about this is that it's "Smithsonian," which is the museum history people, right? So... Robo Spider? Where is that in the history books?


Teela is made to look like the version from the TV show, and She-Ra is made to look like the original figure, and NOT the version from the TV show. Make up your minds?


They made a WWE Figure out of "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, but it's the character from the movie They Live! Everybody knows the film where he puts on the sunglasses and see the alien monsters, right?


Ugh, I just threw up in my mouth a little. WHY are these babies so... slutty? Oh, excuse me... it's Babyz, with a "z". Gross. When you go to purchase one of these, Chris Hansen asks you to sit over there, please.


The Andy's Brick Shop store, that sells the 2nd-hand Lego sets and figures, had custom Star Trek minifigures. Is that cool? It's interesting that Lego seems to generate some kind of "purity" notion where only "official" Lego is any good. I'm kinda okay with this. If these were less expensive, I might have gotten some.


GIANT Lego ship! The little plaque says it's a Star Wars ship for Mandalorians. There's so much Star Wars now, that this might be from some Clone Wars episode I don't remember seeing. But it might be from a comic book or something, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment