Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Yummy-Looking Pictures

 Yummy pictures you can't eat.

Aside from the crushed box, this is a bit of a tough call for a kid. I mean, look at it! That Play-Doh looks so delicious as perfectly curled ice cream cones! But... you can't eat it! AHHHH! The torture! This must be some kind of practice for your kid to resist delicious food when it's right in front of them. Clearly, I might need some practice at that, myself!




These plushies reminded me of... something. I can't remember. But they look familiar. Do they remind you of anything? Little fuzzy spheres with only feet?


The ice cream temptation continues. I think it's funny to call the thing a "kit" like you're a mechanic or something. Hey, anybody have that ice cream sandwich kit? We need it to fix something in the kitchen!


I was curious at what exactly Takis "Blue Heat" was, since the graphic shows a water-effect. Online reviews say it's a "sour" kind of hot, so... that's not my type of thing. To be fair, I did not buy any to try myself, based on the online research.


I was curious what the calorie count was on these caramel rice cakes. Rice cakes are typically supposed to be a low-calorie snack, but... caramel! So that's wreaked. The fun part was when I picked it up to check, the bag rattled and made a sound that was exactly like... a Lego set box? I laughed and shook it more to make sure. If you ever want to fool somebody who likes to shake gifts, get some of these and watch as they swear you got them a Lego set, and then they get rice cake snacks instead!


Oatmilk? How exactly do you milk an oat? Are oats mammals?


Stopped, parked on the highway. Normally you think I'd be very annoyed, but seeing the black smoke from around that corner, I'll gladly trade being parked than to be dealing with whatever is going on up there.


We got a little closer but stopped again while the fire truck was up there. The white smoke was from a car on the side of the road they just put out. Later I tried to glance over and see what type of car it was, but I missed it.


Seen at the 2nd-hand Lego store Andy's Brick Shop, this Lego set is from 2012. Featuring Deadpool and Wolverine. Um... like the movie coming out this summer?


A snapshot so you can see how expensive (or affordable?) individual Lego minifigures are from old sets. Instead of buying the whole set, you can just get the one figure you wanted from it.


Stand back! There's a Hurricane coming through! I've posted Hurricane comments before, about the wrestler who thought he was a superhero, and while everyone laughed at him, he kept winning against stronger and stronger opponents, enough to make people stop and wonder... is he really a superhero?! But also... Rikishi! His finishing move was literally rubbing his rear end in the opponent's nose. The move was called the Stink Face.


The cat with the toast hat! So adorable! I don't even know where I've seen that before, but I noticed it right away.


Who was that guy pushing a rock up a hill for eternity? Sisyphus is the guy's name. Don't feel bad for him, according to the legends, he kinda deserves to suffer a bunch.


My guy-friend says "let me tell you why this plaque is not funny." And also "Let me lecture you on why I find the term mansplaining so frustrating..."


The letters piled in the corner remind me of that one Looney Tunes cartoon with the kid Ralph Phillips nodding off in class. 


These bag clips are all kinds of radical.


I guess there are a few G. I. Joe characters my friend doesn't recognize. The one named Big Boa only comes with boxing gloves and weights. What kind of bad guy is that? I mean, he can punch you, but is that really any kind of threat to any G. I. Joe?


The news says they are looking at ways to re-open The Vessel. It's in New York City. A big sculpture thing you can walk up and down. It's been closed for years due to... reasons.


The last time we went to the Toy Fair, we walked past it and almost went up. But we had already done a ton of walking that day and figured we could just go later. I mean, this is a little ridiculously later, but we still want to go up there.


Yowza. I'm a little stunned by the dangerous implications of a coffee company with a rifle crosshairs theme and logo. Please make sure these people get their coffee! We absolutely DO NOT want them to be grumpy, in any way.


Companies are trying to switch to window-less boxes, because they use less plastic and are better for the environment. Wouldn't it be funny if you opened up the box for Wonder Woman's Invisible Jet and it was... empty? No, it's not, you just can't see it! Hahahaha.


Can I take a moment to be upset about this guy? The "MCU" kinda messed up the character in the Antman movie, but in the Loki Disney+ series, he was truly the most menacing and dangerous villain they've had in a long time. THIS "version" called "He-Who-Remains" was soooo scary! And now that the actor guy has been fired for... reasons, we won't get to see any more of him. Whatever anybody thinks about the actor and what-not, I'm going to miss this villain.


Thanks to the Svengoolie show, I've seen a fair amount of old movies starring Peter Cushing. I had a funny idea of buying a Grand Moff Tarkin figure and swapping his head onto a regular-suit body. Maybe make some old character he played. Here's a fun trivia fact: Peter Cushing liked being in the Star Wars movie so much, he asked George Lucas if he could be in more of them, despite his certain fate in the first movie. And they thought about making him a clone, or twin brother or something, but thought it would be too complicated to explain so they didn't go through with it.


Who's going to be the jerk to take this to the airport? Just so they can have the funny "bar story" about how they took a bomb making kit through the security checkpoints? Even if I'm not IN the airport, is it still not-cool to make jokes about this? For the record, I'm talking about a "chocolate bomb" making kit. I guarantee the airport people would NOT find it funny!


What an obscure villain from the anime InuYasha! Yura of the Hair was a demon who had hair lines all over the place and attacked you with the virtually un-seeable strands. She was only in a couple episodes near the beginning of that very long series. Still, the fact that I recognized her means that she is somehow popular enough to get a t-shirt in Hot Topic.


HA! Check out The Mandalorian's disintegration rifle as a barbecue fork! It totally looks like that with the fork on the tip of it. Perfect bit of merchandising.


Huntah! Yeah, his name is "Hunter" but the way Omeega says it, it sounds like Hun-tah. That other character's name is Omega, but they always say Oh-meeee-gah. Accents are fun! Anyway, it's cool to see merch for The Bad Batch.


A Salt Weapon. Get it? Habanero-infused salt. So probably a lot more spicy than you think.


NO SURPRISE that the paper straws are on clearance. You would have to pay ME money to take these out of the store. No thank you!


Is "Plan B" something I don't know about? The "Plan B" I DO know about... well.... should they be putting that on skateboards for kids? I hope I'm the one who looks like an idiot, not knowing what else they could mean by "Plan B".


I haven't seen enough of The Office to know where these character outfits are from, but there are probably people who see these and laugh a bunch. I mean, it says "best moments" so they gotta be funny scenes.


Sad puppy! Awww! It's for the automatic tag-making machine. I'm sad for the machine.


Whoa! Reese's Puffs cereal with the Dragonball Z tie-in! Do they know one of Majin Buu's attacks turns his opponents into chocolate? Is that appropriate for a um... chocolate... cereal?


Hey, I guess they gotta be fair. I'm pretty sure I've seen the Trump dog toy, which you would expect to see, but somehow a Kamala Harris dog toy seems like it's not-cool. I can't think of one thing she's done, good or bad, to deserve to be a dog toy.


If there are three of them, can they really be "chase" figures? If they figured out that was a trick to sell more, they need to learn to only put out one at a time, too. Busted!

No comments:

Post a Comment