Sunday, September 24, 2023

At Any Moment

 Back to some good old random pictures. Some of these are from quite a while ago! Hope there's something here to bring you a smile.

Why does this have to be for Jersey "Girl"s? Boys can snap too. This sounds funny, but honestly, it's a little scary, too. Let's get this person some counseling or therapy, stat!




I don't remember this wall art at the Walmart. Did they have sodas stacked in front of it? There's a butterfly park around here? Maybe I should check that out!


I finally saw the Buzz Lightyear movie, and it was... terrible. Sorry Buzz. I mean, it was an alright "movie" but not a good "Buzz Lightyear movie" if that makes any sense. You see, this awesome spaceship, and the whole movie they never even shot lasers at anything. It was only used to test fuel efficiency, over and over, using real physics that caused a time-skip every try. Ooooh so much awesome Elite Space Ranger action, testing fuel and missing his friends growing up while doing it! Snores. Did nobody understand what the source material was, at all? How did nobody in the development room not speak up? Sorry I got carried away there. Um... the graphics were good?


Do you notice the hilarious-ness here? "Velcro" is a brand name, so they have to say "Hook n' Loop" darts. What?! Hahahaha so funny. It's like you can't say Band-Aid, you have to say Adhesive Medical Strips.


Cat hats? I'm running into so much funny stuff today. These are blind-box, too. So your cat is stuck with a random hat!


Do they know this is a quote from the movie Predator?
It's blood was on the leaves.
(dramatic pause)
If it bleeds, we can kill it!


Superpowers, on clearance! Not sure if "anybody" can use these, or just Ms. Marvel. Buy these and put them on display as if you are a super villain who defeated her! Mwa-ha-ha!


While browsing the anime section at the FYE, my friend got a serious mental flashback to what it was like browsing the rental movies at a Blockbuster. Imagine taking any of these home for only $3. Sure you have to rewind it, and take it back in a few days. But trying to figure out which one to get was a fun experience.


The Red Baron stole all the pepperonis! I'm glad I was in a good mood and found this hilarious instead of frustrating. I mean, I did purchase a "pepperoni" pizza, it would have been nice to have gotten some pepperonis. Ooops!


Um... who? Marvel has so many characters, right? There must be hundreds that nobody knows. Does that guy have neck-blowing-up powers?


Here's a fun story. Out of nowhere my friend gets a call from his brother, who needs to confirm an argument. How did you eat your waffles when we were kids? Without missing a beat, he says "No syrup or butter, I just filled all the holes to the top with sugar." Hahaha! Boom, argument won. See, told ya! He really did eat waffles with tons of sugar in them! Ah, childhood memories! We were in a Target at the time, so we sent them this picture of the recipe.


Fortnite makeup? Um, there are literally hundreds of characters in the game, so for the "makeup" promotion, let's use a stuffed bear head and a giant banana person! Neither of which can use makeup! Brilliant!


Hot Wheels wants you to go #1 and #2! Hot Wheels is not above making poop jokes. Kids love that kind of thing.


How did KitKat know I was craving some churros? I was just thinking it's been so long since I've had a churro. This was a little spooky when I saw it, I had to get some! They were pretty good.


Chris Pratt! I saw a few of these next to eachother so I grabbed the others and made a funny montage. So many figures! They even have the Parks and Recreation character! I might have been able to find some more, what else has he been in?


At a Wendy's for lunch and see a doggy bag! So cute! That sleepy-weepy puppy wants a frosty! A Strawberry Frosty.



Well, this picture was taken before our Disney World trip! Here's the air bed we bought, so there would not be any need for awkward bed-sharing in the hotel rooms. We're all adults and whatever, it probably would not have been a big deal, but you're already spending thousands of dollars, why not be more comfortable for just $27 more?


Hahaha looks like everyone just buys these for events and then tries to refund them. Nope! Thanks for ruining that for everybody, um.... everybody who did that before.


One of these actors has won an Oscar. Also, this is the best Indiana Jones movie. So says my friend.


Ergh. Lego includes the giant pile of dinosaur poop, in an actual set. Am I so old, that I find this gross? Build it with the bricks, kids! And you can even dig through it to find the undigested cherries! Just like she did in the movie!


Nice building skyline for New York, ancient temples and the Great Wall for Beijing, recognizable landmarks for Paris and London! And um... poor Australia gets an old shack in the desert. Crikey! That doesn't seem fair, does it?


What an odd plushie, I just had to get a picture of it. I feel like I want to say something funny about it, but also I don't. Am I balanced?


Another fun story. While browsing around the Internet one night, my friend stumbles across something called Superman Ice Cream, which is a blue/red/yellow swirled thing. The red is typically some kind of berry, the yellow is banana, and the blue is something called Blue Moon, which is also referred to in Europe as Schtroumpf or Puffo or... Smurf! Flashback to the 80's when my friend was a child at the King's Dominion theme park, which had a Smurf area at the time, with a food place that sold Smurf Ice Cream, which he remembers as the best ice cream he ever had. You can be sure this sparked a quest to find some, and we did!


How was it? Well, it was certainly the flavor he remembered, but this was not the mind-blowing memory blast he was expecting. It was simply "alright." I don't think it was sweet enough. Like getting a sweet ice tea that's not really that sweet: Okay, but not great.

It was a little better when we whipped it into a smoother consistency. I think we'll continue to seek out different brands of Blue Moon flavor ice cream, I'm sure one of them will spark that good memory we remember.


Seriously? Are they worried they can't use the word "Taxi"? They have to spell it Taykz? Silly.



I'm not sure I can MAKE a funny comment about these Super Mario Maker 2 plushies. That was lame right? Um, maybe I can MAKE a different comment? No, not good either? Is this the same as making a Mario level in the game? Lots of trial and error.


That's not a typo on the box, the name of the place in the beginning of Temple of Doom was indeed Club Obi Wan. Hey at least it wasn't the more obvious Club Han Solo.

\
Oh yeah, this is an old picture. I got one of those Grimace's Birthday Shakes at McDonald's. I remember it tasted like strawberry/banana, I think. Certainly some kind of berry-ness. Like if you closed your eyes, you'd think it would be red instead of purple. It was okay, and I'm glad I tried it, but it's not going to become as iconic as the Shamrock Shake, that's for sure. Give 'em points for trying something new, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment